Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same way Lukaku smashes it in Italy...and Tammy fuking Abraham - and entirely ordinary player if ever there was one. Same way Ronny still scored bucket loads and Dybala wasn’t found out. I could list 25 players off the top of my head that were suspect at top clubs but looked great in Italy. Means nothing. Pogba will get so much time on the ball he will be able to ask his Instagram followers who they want him to pass it to.
Ronaldo scored 24 goals in 6 fewer games than his 36 last season at Juve.
Our team was way weaker relatively than Juventus' team in that league.

I take your other points though. Abraham is the most damning one.

Pickle85

I hope they have the precise midfield make up to get the best out of his talents.

Which are a bit of passing and occasionally galloping up the field with it .

I won't miss the other signature move of unnecessarily holding off 2 men in his own half, losing it and the opposition being spark through on goal.
My thoughts exactly. Will not miss him pissing around with the ball unnecessarily in the middle of the park and ignoring easy passes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My thoughts exactly. Will not miss him pissing around with the ball unnecessarily in the middle of the park and ignoring easy passes.
Remember that spell of giving stupid pens away too.
Starting with that handball and ending with a mad lunge.

Dansk

Pretend like I don’t care but he was literally our best midfielder
Only on paper. In reality, for the last two or three years, he had more appearances where he was the worst player on the pitch than appearances where he was even a good midfielder, let alone our best. The man was utterly defrauding the club for the last three seasons or so. I think he spent more time in Miami and Dubai than he did in Manchester.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Just took a look at the Juve squad in order to see how he might fit into it. Now I’m shocked to see how little elite talent they actually have in their team. This squad looks terrible.

Marcus

While I get some of the hate for Pogba, leaving twice for free leaves a bad taste etc….it’s the bits like this that are irrational.

That people honestly believe that Pogba deliberately got sent off? That was his intention. ‘Here Bruno….throw me a hospital ball, then I’ll lunge for it to get sent off.’ Spin that exact situation on its head and Bruno would be getting lauded for showing some fight that was lacking before he came on and Pogba would be getting slated for getting Bruno sent off with a ridiculously sloppy pass.

The club confirmed Pogbas injury, what it specifically was and the timeframe for recovery. So unless you think the club will make that up? Rangnick didn’t cover for anyone, so the idea that he would lie for Pogba yet call out Cavani?

The only thing that Pogba did, which you could say he shouldn’t have done, was to ask not to be part of the final game of the season. But the fans had turned on him with irrational hatred about things like this by that point.
Did you see his reaction when he got the red? Was it someone dismayed or happy to get off?Go look. I am impressed at your defence of him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Did you see his reaction when he got the red? Was it someone dismayed or happy to get off?Go look. I am impressed at your defence of him.
You’re actually serious :lol: ....I hope I get a hospital pass so I can get out of here.

You don’t think the response was down to the fact that he originally got a yellow then VAR called the ref to the screen and you know what’s coming next. FFS criticise Pogba for not being great or for leaving on a free but that’s ridiculous.

Any thoughts on that situation turned on it’s head? Pogba plays the pass and Bruno makes the tackle?

Pughnichi

he won’t have Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio in midfield.

it won’t be the great return expected. A lot like the underwhelming one when he came back to us

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That’s where he always should have played ?
I agree that in a 433 he should be on the left getting up and down. I don’t think he’s ever a winger in a 4231 even though he was miles better than Rashford there at the middle to the end of last season. Maybe a 10 in that formation. The fact if Fred and McT were fit they were keeping him out the middle says a lot seeing as everyone universally hates them but they stayed switched on and chased everything at least. Capable of pulling of stuff Fred and McT could only dream of, way off in fitness and application though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I agree that in a 433 he should be on the left getting up and down. I don’t think he’s ever a winger in a 4231 even though he was miles better than Rashford there at the middle to the end of last season. Maybe a 10 in that formation. The fact if Fred and McT were fit they were keeping him out the middle says a lot seeing as everyone universally hates them but they stayed switched on and chased everything at least. Capable of pulling of stuff Fred and McT could only dream of, way off in fitness and application though.
But that’s the player he is though, icing on the cake and what a player when given that role. Deservedly a World Cup winner....and as an aside neither of them two have proven adequate on their own either and as for switched on and chasing everything McT is honestly as bad as Pogba in my opinion in tracking runners and sensing danger, which is bad.

Last edited:

Marcus

You’re actually serious :lol: ....I hope I get a hospital pass so I can get out of here.

You don’t think the response was down to the fact that he originally got a yellow then VAR called the ref to the screen and you know what’s coming next. FFS criticise Pogba for not being great or for leaving on a free but that’s ridiculous.

Any thoughts on that situation turned on it’s head? Pogba plays the pass and Bruno makes the tackle?
Did Bruno play for months like he didn't want to be there? So no, I wouldn't think he deliberately did that. Want to ask me about another player in your hypothetical? What do you think my answer would be if Di Maria did that?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Just took a look at the Juve squad in order to see how he might fit into it. Now I’m shocked to see how little elite talent they actually have in their team. This squad looks terrible.
Results don’t lie, then little elite talent, especially in the midfield… a pachydermic Pogba would still offer a couple of goals, a few vertical balls and some circus moves. Terrible yet plucky again would even improve our prospects.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Til the word "pachydermic"
?? It’s a figurative expression to hint at being slow & cumbersome. Am I missing something here, a slang use maybe? In case, I apologise in advance, English is not my first language and I was just parroting the latest posts about his attitude on the pitch.

Green_Red

Romano reporting €8 million a year, that'd €153k a week (£132k). Isn't that like a 1/3 of what he was offered here? If its all true then the man is a clown for not signing Uniteds contract offer. What an absolute silly cnut!

lostcauz

Romano reporting €8 million a year, that'd €153k a week (£132k). Isn't that like a 1/3 of what he was offered here? If its all true then the man is a clown for not signing Uniteds contract offer. What an absolute silly cnut!
I imagine that’s after tax and if it isn’t, it was a free transfer and you will know raiolas agency would’ve bled juventus for every penny on signing on fee plus agent fee.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Judging by De Ligt's reported salary, which is also €8m net (€10.5 gross - using the same tax gimmick Juve will be able to use for Pogba), taking that and the tax deal into account, it's what he'd be taking home from roughly £250k p/w here.

Obviously less than the offer he got here (and thank feck he turned it down), but I think it only works out to a pretty slight cut from his last contract.

Red_toad

Judging by De Ligt's reported salary, which is also €8m net (€10.5 gross - using the same tax gimmick Juve will be able to use for Pogba), taking that and the tax deal into account, it's what he'd be taking home from roughly £250k p/w here.

Obviously less than the offer he got here (and thank feck he turned it down), but I think it only works out to a pretty slight cut from his last contract.
So he’s on less than nothing now :D

Pintu

Ronaldo scored 24 goals in 6 fewer games than his 36 last season at Juve.
Our team was way weaker relatively than Juventus' team in that league.

I take your other points though. Abraham is the most damning one.
Abraham has better stats in the EPL for Lamprd’s Chelsea than he has done for Roma.

Ronaldo 37 year old scored 1 non penalty goal every 163 mn in the EPL. A year younger and having (Chiesa, Dybala) for a better team (top 4) relative to that league he scored 1 non pen goal every 125 mn in Serie A. It doesn’t really look quite the argument you are making it to be…. Of course one could do the opposite and compare how Kulusevski after failing in Juventus become a world beater as soon as he steps in England.

saik

Has he actually signed for Juve yet? Not seen any official confirmation apart from that here we go from Romano. Wonder what's the hold up?

Fridge chutney

Has he actually signed for Juve yet? Not seen any official confirmation apart from that here we go from Romano. Wonder what's the hold up?
Perhaps Ten Hag is trying to convince Pogba to re-sign with United.

shellb

Supports
Broncos
He only has himself to blame, all the talent in the world but feels like he never committed or gave himself to the cause (France maybe excluded).

You're never bigger than the project, regardless of what it is...we're a team at the end of the day.

Telsim

Every morning I wake up and thank God for two things. Being alive and healthy is the first one. Paul Pogba not being a Manchester United player anymore is the second one. #blessed

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Every morning I wake up and thank God for two things. Being alive and healthy is the first one. Paul Pogba not being a Manchester United player anymore is the second one. #blessed
I thank god for the newbie system in our forum tbh.

SER19

Huge club arguably in as bad shape as we are. Not a single current top club wanted this clown and it isn't remotely surprising