Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

SuperiorXI

Not really the clubs fault on this one.

Hes on big wages and not really performed to point where any of the big clubs want to drop a fee on him and pay 400k a week and whatever raiolas cut is
Of course it's the clubs fault... if they didn't see this coming they're simply stupid. You can't tell me they couldn't work out some type of workable deal a few months ago that saw some funds returned to the club for the failed "Paul Pogba Project".

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Not sure I follow. He will easily find a club if his wish is to move and United have also offered a contract which to my understanding from the news, has not been rescinded.
He will not get a bigger contract than what he currently has. Likely no takers at his current salary level either. He is bankable, but he is not necessary.

0le

He will not get a bigger contract than what he currently has. Likely no takers at his current salary level either. He is bankable, but he is not necessary.
Ah, I see your point. Yeah, Covid did reduce his chances of a "bigger pay day".

Tyrion

On one hand it sounds bad losing a 90m player for free.
But we've had him for 6 years, and only really had short bursts of top class. He actually scored 16 goals in one season, which I bet all of us had forgotten!

But generally it's been long spells of trying to find a system to get the best out of him, and we never quite achieved it.

At a cost of say 400k a week, 20m a season for what would be a 4-5 year deal, it'd be the same outlay on top, and that's simply not worth it, so let him go now.
It'll be abroad, as Liverpool won't afford it, and he wouldn't fit Chelsea or City.
Exactly. The wages are so high being obsessed with salvaging a selling price is silly. We should be more willing to let overrated players go for free. Players like Bale and Ozil can wind up eating away at the budget for years as a result of being scared of letting them go for free. Players should repay their transfer fee through their performances on the pitch anyway, not their sell on price.

I haven't seen him play in a while, and it looks like his contract is going to be up around the same time as our next game, if I'm not mistaken. Or right around then.
Isn't it like a given he's not resigning, so using the past tense is perfectly acceptable?
I didn't mean it as a criticism. Sometimes I forget he's still here.

sp_107

What if no one pay him more than 300K a week or a huge signing bonus? do you keep him for another 5 years by paying 400K a week

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

when you have to say "on his day" he isnt a worldie talent. Worldie talents have their day every day. Ronaldo at 36 nearly 37 being case in point. Many others in United's past also were 7 out of ten most weeks and hit the heights after that.
Won the world cup and was arguably best player. Think he qualifies as a worldie but I get your point.

The Dane

I would be very surprised if anyone, apart from maybe PSG, is willing to offer him a big contract given not only his inability to perform on a high level over a longer period, but also that he seems to never play a season without being out injured a good part of it.

Cloud7

What if no one pay him more than 300K a week or a huge signing bonus? do you keep him for another 5 years by paying 400K a week
This is why Pogba is in a tricky position. Outstanding a player as he is, his options are fairly limited right now. I don’t think Juventus can afford his wages, although if they clear out Ramsey etc they might. Madrid and PSG likely can, but will they want to bring him in is the question?

My biggest concern about Pogba is that he’s becoming quite injury prone these days, and his injuries often seem to be long ones.

sp_107

This is why Pogba is in a tricky position. Outstanding a player as he is, his options are fairly limited right now. I don’t think Juventus can afford his wages, although if they clear out Ramsey etc they might. Madrid and PSG likely can, but will they want to bring him in is the question?

My biggest concern about Pogba is that he’s becoming quite injury prone these days, and his injuries often seem to be long ones.
Interesting to see people still likes to keep him for another 5 years on 400K wages

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He will go on and have some good moments for club and country. I don't think Utd will miss him though. Just imagine the talent Utd could pay using Pogba's wage. Add Martial's, Lingard's, Mata's and Jones's salaries into that and Utd could shortly have a very competative energetic side. Exciting times for Utd even though it is hard to get rid of players who COULD have made Utd great again.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

His injuries are major concern. Giving him 5 year contract wont be a smart move. Dont think even PSG or Madrid is going to offer him high wages and 5 year contract.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
As a fan of Pogba's game, I just don't think he's best suited for the PL, and especially a top team like Manchester United. He's just not a direct enough player, and his lack of agility leaves him prone to getting caught in possession with the ball and caught out of position without the ball. A poster once mentioned that he turns like a supertanker, and it's pretty spot on. Unless you have a midfield that can cover ground for him, his team will probably be exposed to swift counterattacks.

foolsgold

With transfer fee and wages he's cost us north of 150m pounds, yeah there's been some good moments but not nearly enough to justify the expense.

I wouldn't be signing off on another long term contract worth 80m pounds at this point. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he's worth it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Name : Paul Labile Pogba
Dislikes : When the vibes aren't good
Top level rating : 94/100
Bottom level rating : 52/100
Agent : A chair throwing, rumor spreading, club shaming, scholes fighting, shit talking, spaghetti slurping, fat feck millionaire parasite Raiola

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We should have sold him 2 years ago when his stock was still high and there were still takers in market.
No one will take him this coming winter, and we are going to let him rot in reserve until his contract runs out, not very smart in business perspective.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Pogba's like that guy who comes into your house and takes a shit in the toilet and then just leaves without paying

wolvored

Pogba is ‘injured’ when he needs to be
This. His injuries always clear up when there is an international competition. Ii wonder why he needed so much time in Dubai when he plays here. Glad RR saw through this and brought him back. He can get inside training so the warm weather training is a moot point. I hope RR gets the contract took off the table as well. It's obvious he will only resign if no one offers more money and we have had enough off his manager and brother to know he doesn't want to really be here ..but the money's so good

OmarUnited4ever

If Juve can get rid of Arthur and Ramsey, they might be able to afford Pogba's wages, with Ronaldo already gone they might have some wiggle room.

allen7

He’s obviously not doing himself any favours.
He shows very good ability while playing for france but comes back here and suddenly struggles to adapt to our system.
Players like pogba should perform in pitch every single season to get a good contract across leagues. As many pointed out, no one is going to offer his current wages except united itself and if we do, we’re just wasting money.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Don’t see why he’d go back to Juventus in their current state. Surely if Madrid or PSG don’t want him he’s here for the foreseeable.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don’t see why he’d go back to Juventus in their current state. Surely if Madrid or PSG don’t want him he’s here for the foreseeable.
Because he likes Juventus. It would be the same story than with United.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He’s 29 soon, surely he wants to win a few more trophies. Just seems like a bit of a sideways move.
You said that you don't see why. There is a fairly obvious reason which is that he may simply choose a place where he thinks he will be happy. I'm not saying that your observation isn't correct but it's not the only way of seeing things for people, people have different motivations in life. Some may chase money, other may chase glory and others may just chase happiness/comfort.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Pogba's the kind of guy that comes into your house, does a few dabs but doesn't do the washing up and leaves.

Can't rely on people like that.

K Stand Knut

Why would stay here?

He can’t stay if he’s not under a contract.

The situation is really simple for me. Don’t offer him another contract. He has done nothing to be deserving of one, even if we renew on his current salaryz

let him go and be someone else’s problem. I have no doubt that someone will offer him what he wants.

even without us receiving a fee for him, we’re in a better place with him off the books

Posh Red

Why would stay here?

The situation is really simple for me. Don’t offer him another contract. He has done nothing to be deserving of one, even if we renew on his current

let him go and be someone else’s problem. I have no doubt that someone will offer him what he wants.

even without us receiving a fee for him, we’re in a better place with him off the books
If he is as much of a problem as you suggest, then why would you hold this view?

K Stand Knut

If he is as much of a problem as you suggest, then why would you hold this view?
I think you mean why would someone want to sign him??

I think that’s fairly obvious. Someone will
always sign any player who is a problem. It’s happened 100s of times before and will continue to happen for many more years.

Something to with risk and reward, I’d guess

Posh Red

I think you mean why would someone want to sign him??

I think that’s fairly obvious. Someone will
always sign any player who is a problem. It’s happened 100s of times before and will continue to happen for many more years.

Something to with risk and reward, I’d guess
Just seems like a strange take. Like you have some inside information about how much of a problem he is that these huge football institutions can’t see.

K Stand Knut

Just seems like a strange take. Like you have some inside information about how much of a problem he is that these huge football institutions can’t see.
maybe not him specifically as the problem.

The package that is Paul Pogba including his agent.

a package that would be much more accepted/acceptable if his performances were good enough on a regular basis.

They aren’t so, IMO, let the PP package, and the problems that come with it go somewhere else.

I’m happy that Fergie was Too concerned about letting him go and I don’t think much has changed since he left on the first occasion

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why would stay here?

The situation is really simple for me. Don’t offer him another contract. He has done nothing to be deserving of one, even if we renew on his current salaryz

Yeah I don’t think he should stay here either. I’d probably offer him another deal on reduced wages, as even though he isn’t worth 400k a week he can be useful. I know full well he won’t take it though, and expect him to go elsewhere. It hasn’t worked here and he needs to move on for his own good. Where that is though I don’t know. PSG would be my guess, as I said I just can’t see Juve affording him or him wanting to go there.
You said that you don't see why. There is a fairly obvious reason which is that he may simply choose a place where he thinks he will be happy. I'm not saying that your observation isn't correct but it's not the only way of seeing things for people, people have different motivations in life. Some may chase money, other may chase glory and others may just chase happiness/comfort.
It’s up to him of course it is. Whatever floats his boat.

SAF is the GOAT

Yeah I don’t think he should stay here either. I’d probably offer him another deal on reduced wages, as even though he isn’t worth 400k a week he can be useful. I know full well he won’t take it though, and expect him to go elsewhere. It hasn’t worked here and he needs to move on for his own good. Where that is though I don’t know. PSG would be my guess, as I said I just can’t see Juve affording him or him wanting to go there.
And let us not forget that the guy is very injury prone

When he gets injured - its never a light injury, it's always for a long periods of time and for 400K a week with inconsistent form, he's just doesn't worth it.