Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Born2Lose

I won't believe he's gone until I see him holding another team's shirt. He's got it made in the shade at United. 2nd gear performances for top level wages, read that Juve have offered him £160k a week. How deflating that must have been for his oversized ego.

Why would we do this? We can aswell make Lingard assistent manager if true. I would rather give Karel Poborsky contract once again.
Omg just had a vision of United in 2050 where Lingard's still at the club in the Mike Phelan role.

Lee565

I'm surprised he isn't linked to spurs tbh, he had a great spell under conte at juve, conte thinks highly of him and would have no transfer fee to pay and can offer pogba champion league football and London lifestyle

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm surprised he isn't linked to spurs tbh, he had a great spell under conte at juve, conte thinks highly of him and would have no transfer fee to pay and can offer pogba champion league football and London lifestyle
Spurs isn't big enough for the PP brand.

Fridge chutney

At least he's demonstrating loyalty. I think if we offer him the right terms he will re-sign.

Art

Art the artist
All this dilly dallying just reeks of him sliming his way to a new fat contract and then downing tools at the first sign of adversity under Ten Hag.

miked99

At least he's demonstrating loyalty. I think if we offer him the right terms he will re-sign.

Not really loyalty, is it? Loyalty would be refusing to consider such a move in the first place, not turning it down because you're worried about the consequences.

That's if it even happened in the first place of course, which is questionable.

crossy1686

career ending
All this dilly dallying just reeks of him sliming his way to a new fat contract and then downing tools at the first sign of adversity under Ten Hag.
The only thing that would make United fans more angry than him signing a new contract with City, is signing a new contract with United.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Until he came back, and stayed as long as he did
I am quite sure he enjoyed his time here. Earned loads lot of money, even won some trophies(not major but still decent), spent lots of time in Dubai, etc.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
PR nonsense. He doesn’t care about us and there’s been a backlash against him since Mourinho was manager. Many wanted Agent Pogba to go to City to see what damage he could do to their dressing room morale for a change.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative

Juve have offered him a 3 year contract with a €10m salary. That's less than his current deal. Do you genuinely think United's offer wasn't better than his current deal?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Juve have offered him a 3 year contract with a €10m salary. That's less than his current deal. Do you genuinely think United's offer wasn't better than his current deal?
If accurate, I think that's about half what they're paying Aaron Ramsey :lol:

Morpheus 7

Pogone, useless. He's been gone a long time in my opinion. One chain of the poison cut off, now go further. He was an absolute waste off time, the system, that formation, get the best out of him, what about him France.. bla bla bla.

Had a few months off every season in winter and never showed up when it mattered. When you're winning 4.0 against Newcastle he's the man. When you need to dig deep at anfield, hiding. Or a tight game, never the difference or leader you need. Good riddance, finally he's gone. Extending his contract would be criminal for that dressing room. Club also had a nightmare in this saga, no getting away from it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Personally couldnt care less if he did end up at city for next season.
Most of us wouldn’t if he made them worse and caused problems in there dressing room… however if he rips up the league at them then there will be chaos in here.

SATA

I wanted him to stay but now that Ten Hag is here and will be bringing in his own players, i won’t miss him. It’s a pity he didn’t work out here as he’s such a unique footballer. Adios Paul!

Castia

He must be a bit surprised. He was expecting Madrid and PSG etc to be fighting over him and in reality there wasn’t much interest.

Been mediocre at best and awful/injury prone at his worst for us, a complete waste of £90m which at the time was a world record fee.

saivet

He must be a bit surprised. He was expecting Madrid and PSG etc to be fighting over him and in reality there wasn’t much interest.

Been mediocre at best and awful/injury prone at his worst for us, a complete waste of £90m which at the time was a world record fee.
From the reports he's never been that keen on going to PSG. Said to have received an offer both Juve and PSG but he prefers Juve on less money. I suspect there's a degree of him not fancying Ligue 1 and having enjoyed his time at Juve, he will probably be more loved. PSG can be a bit of a circus and I imagine given his profile he'd have a lot more fan and media scrutiny.

Similar things were said about him and PSG last summer too, he wouldn't rule it out but he's not keen.

dinostar77

The lack of interest from madrid is telling. Have an aging midfield in kroos and modric, but still a no thanks to pogba. Hilarious.

Mainoldo

They’ll be a signing on fee probably worth about €30m.

Good move for him though, I’m convinced his body is breaking down. Serie A preserves careers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Juventus were my bet and I still don't know why people think that he desperately wants Madrid or PSG.

Classical Mechanic

The lack of interest from madrid is telling. Have an aging midfield in kroos and modric, but still a no thanks to pogba. Hilarious.
It's no surprise. It's always been reported that Perez isn't a fan and that Zidane was the driver behind the interest.

I'll actually think more of Pogba if he chooses Juventus. By all accounts it's the worst offer he has financially, although Italian tax law for big earners will make the salary bigger than it appears it's still well under ours. We don't know what the bonuses are but it suggests that he's accepted incentives for performance.