Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Well Raiola isn't using their name. This is an imaginary scenario in all likelihood
I would be amazed if this particular story even has anything to do with him. Some idiots just made up a tale that guarantees clicks.
Raiola has a past for threatening to go to your direct rivals for better contracts. He's offered Pogba to City before a derby, and has done this multiple times with the Italian clubs in the past. Rumours of a marquee player moving to bitter rivals is a good recipe to rouse the rabble, and pressurize the management.

As clueless as some of these reporters are, surely no one thinks Klopp would want Pogba, or FSG can afford him.

Giggsy13

Raiola has a past for threatening to go to your direct rivals for better contracts. He's offered Pogba to City before a derby, and has done this multiple times with the Italian clubs in the past. Rumours of a marquee player moving to bitter rivals is a good recipe to rouse the rabble, and pressurize the management.

As clueless as some of these reporters are, surely no one thinks Klopp would want Pogba, or FSG can afford him.
I can’t think of a more terrible fit than Pogba in Klopp’s midfield. Clearly Raiola doesn’t watch much football.

DSG

So, other than Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and Fred, who all made the finals, all other senior players should be in camp as of Monday. Bruno, Varane, Sancho, McT, Cavani, etc. all at Carrington.

why is Pogba still dancing around Miami? Didn’t make a final, is in the last year of contract… Is he expecting to leave? Seems like it. Hoping for it.

laughtersassassin

So, other than Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and Fred, who all made the finals, all other senior players should be in camp as of Monday. Bruno, Varane, Sancho, McT, Cavani, etc. all at Carrington.

why is Pogba still dancing around Miami? Didn’t make a final, is in the last year of contract… Is he expecting to leave? Seems like it. Hoping for it.
Your theory is wrong considering Lindelof ain't back

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd rather we keep but if he doesn't extend then feck it, bench for the next year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why is Bruno already back training and Pogba is in Miami? They got eliminated from the Euros one day apart didn't they?

Why is he been given a longer break given that if performances are anything to go by it should be Bruno who got the longer break given he did far more for us last season in getting us to 2nd place.

Get him and Raiola out of our club ffs. It's just a circus constantly.

Eternitiy

If he leaves on a free twice in his Manchester United career, it will reflect really badly on this club.

I prefer Pogba to stay, but if he won't renew his contract, he must be sold.

Godfather

I think this might be the worst thread on the caf. The amount of tripe spouted in here is quite something.

Why is Bruno already back training and Pogba is in Miami? They got eliminated from the Euros one day apart didn't they?

Why is he been given a longer break given that if performances are anything to go by it should be Bruno who got the longer break given he did far more for us last season in getting us to 2nd place.

Desperate to find things to be angry about, aren't you?

AFC NimbleThumb

:lol:

What would Souness do indeed. Get a grip man.

Jam

Assuming they both were allowed the same extended leave but Bruno just decided to come back earlier.

I truly wish Pogba had an elite mentality, he has such talent. I want it to work, but if he hasn’t signed the contract by mid August shop him round, we can’t lose him on a free twice.

AFC NimbleThumb

Assuming they both were allowed the same extended leave but Bruno just decided to come back earlier.

I truly wish Pogba had an elite mentality, he has such talent. I want it to work, but if he hasn’t signed the contract by mid August shop him round, we can’t lose him on a free twice.
The man has won a world cup & played in Champions League Finals whilst being rather successful throughout his career.

We’re ‘fans’ typing away on a forum talking about elite mentalities, calm down lad.

Chairman Steve

So if Pogbas staying then we should be looking at a central midfielder that is more DM oriented right? I can’t see either Fred or McTominay having the tools to play that role solo.

Unless the presence of Varane is offsetting the need for a pure DM, and we can afford to have a box-to-box CM in there?

RedDevil@84

losing him twice for free would be shocking.
I am not sure why people keep telling this. Last time he went away, he was a kid. We got him back.
And if he decides to go away on free now, so be it. I don't see it as something horrible.

If he wants to go (for different challenge or more money or whatever), he goes. Don't see why we should be shocked/ashamed/worried if a player doesn't want to stay.
I don't want the club to bend backwards and offer him way more money than anyone else would give.

RedDevilRoshi

Not really followed this thread at all today. Were those earlier Liverpool rumours true or was it a load of pish?

DSG

Your theory is wrong considering Lindelof ain't back
Is it? Would we be shocked if Lindelof left?

Desperate to find things to be angry about, aren't you?
Not really. Just haven’t seen consistent play to back up the prima donna treatment.
The man has won a world cup & played in Champions League Finals whilst being rather successful throughout his career.

We’re ‘fans’ typing away on a forum talking about elite mentalities, calm down lad.
On the coattails of others, no? The mere fact we’re debating the usefulness of a club record signing (PL record as well, yes?) is a reason to sell if you can. I actually think the market for Pogba is rather tepid.

hobbers

If we let him stay with no contract it's a stupid decision.

If we give him a 400k/week contract it's an even stupider decision.

Selling him is the least worst option. We're going to either keep him for diminishing returns and embarrassingly lose him on a free, or end up giving him and the pig in a polo shirt a deal that make De Gea's and Martial's look almost sensible.

atkar83

If the goal this year is to win the Premier League, how does Pogba having an extended break (or not cutting it short) help him get chemistry with the new signings or get more work in the transision to 4-3-3? How does he not see Sancho and Varane signings as an exciting prospect of making the best run at trophies in ages? I know some of you think its petty and nit picking, but this mentality isn't what will help you close the gap on City over 38 game in my opinion

RedDevil@84

Not really followed this thread at all today. Were those earlier Liverpool rumours true or was it a load of pish?
It is true

Raiola: Hey Jurgen, I can sell Pogba to you.

Klopp: Excuse me, I can't hear you.

Raiola: Pogba, I've got Pogba. You can have him I said.

Klopp: Hello hello... helloo... cuts the phone.

BlackBen

Finally found Souness’ Caf account. You sure you haven’t burst a blood vessel already? :lol::lol::lol:

vanrooney

if we win something important this year its worth more than 50m to me. pogba is a top player and will give us a bigger chance of winning. therefor it would be ok for me to risk it and not give in and sell him

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

Selling him is the least worst option. We're going to either keep him for diminishing returns and embarrassingly lose him on a free, or end up giving him and the pig in a polo shirt a deal that make De Gea's and Martial's look almost sensible.
I agree entirely

slored1

Exactly my thoughts as well. Could not have said it better.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I never said that it was an exclusive measure for a player. It's part of it, depending on the role of the player. That's why no one mentions creativity or goals when speaking about Kante because, yes, he's a defensive player. But with Pogba, he is critiqued for his defensive contribution his creativity, his goals; he's expected to contribute and be responsible for every aspect of a midfielder. You'll see him criticized for those very things in just the last few pages of this thread. That same level for scrutiny isn't levied at everyone.
Because that's exactly what he should be doing in midfield two. Why is that weird? The same criticism is aimed towards Fred and McTominay.
It's just very difficult role to play, especially in current United side.
Kante is a box to box player, very strong defensively but he also has a drive forward. I don't think it's beneficial to make him pure defensively focused player, as last season for Chelsea shown how much he can offer in general play.
Also, if Kante can't do it on his own (he clearly couldn't against Switzerland), I'd like the second midfielder to help him out even if that makes him play deeper and also less threatening. A lot of people think differently - that Pogba being creative force in midfield makes him immune to criticism concerning his off the ball performance. I strongly disagree with that statement simply because playing an attacking midfielder in center areas doesn't make us a better team. I prefer team balance over individual brilliance.

pascell

I am not sure why people keep telling this. Last time he went away, he was a kid. We got him back.
And if he decides to go away on free now, so be it. I don't see it as something horrible.

If he wants to go (for different challenge or more money or whatever), he goes. Don't see why we should be shocked/ashamed/worried if a player doesn't want to stay.
I don't want the club to bend backwards and offer him way more money than anyone else would give.
I don't want us to bend over for him either, I'd rather we sold him now whilst he's still a valuable asset and used it to buy players who fit Oles system better, rather than shoehorn players in positions they shouldn't be in.

AFC NimbleThumb

On the coattails of others, no? The mere fact we’re debating the usefulness of a club record signing (PL record as well, yes?) is a reason to sell if you can. I actually think the market for Pogba is rather tepid.
Coattails of others? Yea, France have been playing with 10 men ever since he got in the team on a regular basis.

The fact his own clubs ‘fanbase’ are acting as if he’s done nothing of note in his career shows this isn’t a ‘debate about his usefulness’, it’s a witch-hunt.

I agree, it’s about time he left but when your response to everything the lad has ever won is; ‘riding on others coattails’ then it’s not really a debate at that point.

RedDevil@84

I don't want us to bend over for him either, I'd rather we sold him now whilst he's still a valuable asset and used it to buy players who fit Oles system better, rather than shoehorn players in positions they shouldn't be in.
I would agree. But if no one wants him to buy him now, because they aren't willing to pay his salary and transfer amount, then I think there is not much we could do.

Red Royal

I think if he stays without extending he just wont give his 100%. I'd be extremely nervous for example, when he defended a corner, took a penalty or was on a yellow card in a game. He surely wouldn't be playing his heart out for the team. I would rather give those minutes to Hanibal or Shoretire ( if we don't get anyone in).
Really disliked Mourinho's last year to 18 months here but maybe he did have a point in regards to Pogbas attitude.

Strelok

Bang on.

Tbh I'd rather let him leaving on a free than giving him a new +400k pw contract.

He's not a first team starter anymore, he's an impact sub, a backup. Paying him +400k pw would be simply an insult for the ones who start. Eventually they'd ask for a big raise, rightfully so btw.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think PSG will pay what we want and he'll leave on a free next summer. That or he signs a new ridiculous deal, right now those look the most likely to me.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think the Sanchez episode was a deflection point in how the club handles its business with player transfers and salaries. I highly doubt we’d be handing out 400k weekly wage packets to anyone, let alone someone as inconsistent and troublesome as Pogba and his agent.

Vanrouge

This isn't a thing though is it? The media want to make Pogba into this trouble making, team destroying, evil figure, and yet theres' never been a shred of evidence that he is, apart from idiot Mourinho talking shite. No one ever seems to have a bad word to say about how he conducts himself off the pitch.

Any Utd fans who believe Pogba is a bad for the team spirit has been well and truly hoodwinked by the media.
I agree. I've been saying this for a while now. Pundits, journalists, rival fans, I get. Many of them were desperate from the moment Pogba signed for us again that he fail. He (and a potentially resurgent United) scared them. But it's tragic how many United fans have fallen for this agenda-driven narrative.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I don't think PSG will pay what we want and he'll leave on a free next summer. That or he signs a new ridiculous deal, right now those look the most likely to me.
See it being similar so De Gea, when the fax machine episode happened. PSG won't pay what we want, no transfer materializes and he signs a new deal once the window is closed.