Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He plays higher up the pitch, hes supposed to score more. Hes not more consistent, that's make believe nonsense. Bruno's bad games get swept under the carpet cause he runs around alot I think.
Bruno has his shit games true, but like you said, he provides a lot more in them than Pogba does and still works hard (and can pop up with goals/assists still). Pogba is plain invisible in his shit games, which isn't a good thing for a central midfielder. At the end of the day, that's a lot more valuable being able to still contribute or having the mentality to at least work your ass off, which pogba doesn't.

And yeah, Bruno is supposed to score more. But regardless he would score more if Pogba played the same position. Pogba has never been much of a goalscorer, and since they're essentially competing for the same position in our team (in terms of where they would both play best), then it's without a doubt Bruno over the course of a season IMO.

bosnian_red

Citeh bossed it at Anfield with KdB, Bernardo & Rodri. He’d do fine.
Bernardo Silva is a much harder worker than Pogba, has better close control, is more press resistant, is better in tight spaces and on the half turn, and a lot less prone to being dispossessed. All really important qualities in a Pep side. Pogba has never really been the type of player Pep has used tbh, he's class of course but I think Pogba has eternally been overrated as some all round midfielder that should do everything when he's never been that, and always struggled when asked to be that. He needs more space to play generally.

padzilla

Hipster
He plays higher up the pitch, hes supposed to score more. Hes not more consistent, that's make believe nonsense. Bruno's bad games get swept under the carpet cause he runs around alot I think.
Bruno is wildy inconsistent but that's in keeping with a lot of our players. Quite a few are being picked regardless of form because the ones on the bench or on the outskirts are rubbish.

Tallis

Honestly, I have never got the feeling that he would extend his contract. Either of Juve, RM or PSG will offer him the wages and I think we have just been plan B for him for sometime

While he is a class player, we haven’t been able to get the best out of him for the last 3 years except in brief periods. So, I don’t think it will be devastating if he leaves. Many have spoken about the lack of balance with both Bruno and him in the side. As such, him leaving may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. That means we need to sign 2 MF players next season which is not a great position to be in. Unless one of our current players (DVB/ McT) can step up in a big way.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He probably tells Ole he is keen to sign next year so he picks him, only to move on in summer.

Dante

Average bang
I reckon he's already decided to leave on a free. Otherwise, we'd be hearing a lot more rumblings about how the contract negotiations are going.

Like Donnarumma last season, he and Raiola will wait till after the last game in May to announce it.

RooneyLegend

Bruno has his shit games true, but like you said, he provides a lot more in them than Pogba does and still works hard (and can pop up with goals/assists still). Pogba is plain invisible in his shit games, which isn't a good thing for a central midfielder. At the end of the day, that's a lot more valuable being able to still contribute or having the mentality to at least work your ass off, which pogba doesn't.

And yeah, Bruno is supposed to score more. But regardless he would score more if Pogba played the same position. Pogba has never been much of a goalscorer, and since they're essentially competing for the same position in our team (in terms of where they would both play best), then it's without a doubt Bruno over the course of a season IMO.
That doesn't make sense. They are different players who play different positions. Doing some statistical goals/assists comparison is nothing short of stupid. Saying Pogba played further forward he'd score less is pointless since that's not his position. Bruno in midfield would end in tears in itself so why do it?

Ladron de redcafe

I agree. One thing that Bruno isn't is consistent. He's sensational when he's in top form but he is anything but consistent.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bernardo Silva is a much harder worker than Pogba, has better close control, is more press resistant, is better in tight spaces and on the half turn, and a lot less prone to being dispossessed. All really important qualities in a Pep side. Pogba has never really been the type of player Pep has used tbh, he's class of course but I think Pogba has eternally been overrated as some all round midfielder that should do everything when he's never been that, and always struggled when asked to be that. He needs more space to play generally.
‘He’s class of course but. . .’, said most Caf members before they go on to tell you Player A is better than Pogba. I’d get onto your Bernardo points but I’m unsure if it’s him or Iniesta you’re discussing.

bosnian_red

That doesn't make sense. They are different players who play different positions. Doing some statistical goals/assists comparison is nothing short of stupid. Saying Pogba played further forward he'd score less is pointless since that's not his position. Bruno in midfield would end in tears in itself so why do it?
Because in our team, there is no balance unless we chose to play Pogba as a 10. Which is where Bruno plays. I've said it since we signed Bruno pretty much, he was the replacement for Pogba because on the pitch, playing them together means one goes out of position. At least in Uniteds system. But any team he'd have to be the most creative/free midfielder out of a 3 for it to work best which is the same as Bruno. Different players but they effectively play the position and why it's one or the other for me.

bosnian_red

‘He’s class of course but. . .’, said most Caf members before they go on to tell you Player A is better than Pogba. I’d get onto your Bernardo points but I’m unsure if it’s him or Iniesta you’re discussing.
Bernardo is no Iniesta but he is a class player in his own right. And it's not that he's a better player than Pogba. He's more suited to what Pep wants which is pretty obvious.

FerociousCorgis

who knows how a potential manager change might shake things up. If not we took a gamble to keep him but doesnt look to have paid off.

Sviken

Meh, not bothered. Him and Bruno can never be balanced playing together. Plus, he carries a lot of fecking baggage with him. Get rid, find a player for half his wages that will do a better job. There are plenty.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
No it doesn't. Pogba showed respect to the club by tweeting (the least he could and should do really) but still wants to leave. Two different matters.
We'll see if he does eventually get his wish to leave. So far, Pogba himself hasn't leaked out much about whether he wants to stay or leave, and recently, Raiola has mostly been quiet about Pogba and his future.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If he tweeted something like "I love this club but my career is short and I want another challenge in a different league so I won't be extending my contract", would he get any points for honesty?

Or would he be better off keeping his mouth shut?

wolvored

Pogba is a brilliant player on his day, but needs certain players around him, and doesnt have his day too often whilst playing for Utd. I dont think he will be that big a loss, certainly how we are set up at the moment. Serves the Glazers right in a way. They could have got 50-60 mill the summer before this. Even 30 mill this summer. If a player makes excuses why he wants to wait, you can take that as hes running the clock down and the niavity of the board to not see this is astonishing, well any other board it would be.

Devil81

Can't believe people are actually worried/bothered Pogba is going to leave for nothing next summer.

The best thing for United would be him going regardless of the lack of fee. We've wasted five years trying to shoe horn the self loathing show pony into our side.

I can't wait for the day we no longer have to find a position for him in our side, he's not worth all the hassle he brings.

Goodbye good riddence.

FatTails

If he tweeted something like "I love this club but my career is short and I want another challenge in a different league so I won't be extending my contract", would he get any points for honesty?

Or would he be better off keeping his mouth shut?
The latter. The mob on Twitter won’t appreciate the honesty. At best, he’ll get a ton of hate, at worst (and honestly most likely), actual abuse.

I’d be keeping my options open and my cards close to my chest if I was him.

FatTails

Can't believe people are actually worried/bothered Pogba is going to leave for nothing next summer.

The best thing for United would be him going regardless of the lack of fee. We've wasted five years trying to shoe horn the self loathing show pony into our side.

I can't wait for the day we no longer have to find a position for him in our side, he's not worth all the hassle he brings.

Goodbye good riddence.
You lot never learn. He’ll go pull trees elsewhere like he does on international duty, and we’ll replace him with another limited footballer who can barely pass and whose only quality is being physical and running fast.

I agree with you that it hasn’t worked out for him here on the whole, but he’s done things on the football pitch that none of our other players can even dream of doing. Too bad he played under Mourinho with all his issues and a rookie manager with primitive tactics.

vlad93

Sell him in January and loan in players from China or the United States to play CM. Sell Pogba for 20 million pounds. I would sell Pogba in January and use Sancho in Central midfield for the time being. Our team is very strong so we can do that. Pogba doesn't have discipline to play cm defensively yet has the physique that other players don't.

Devil81

You lot never learn. He’ll go pull trees elsewhere like he does on international duty, and we’ll replace him with another limited footballer who can barely pass and whose only quality is being physical and running fast.

I agree with you that it hasn’t worked out for him here on the whole, but he’s done things on the football pitch that none of our other players can even dream of doing. Too bad he played under Mourinho with all his issues and a rookie manager with primitive tactics.
I've learned over the last five years he's grossly overatted.

He had one of World footballs best managers in Mourinho before him and he was equally as inconsistent.

And was equally as outspoken, he needs to go and I will wave him off happily.

Di Maria and Pogba, I'd have them as my most disliked players ever for United.

LoneStar

At this point, I honestly want him to leave and play for another club. I want to see if we see the national team Pogba or the United Pogba over the course of a season.

Pretty ambivalent about his situation. Ultimately if another club is offering him higher wages, fair play to him. It'll also leave a space for the next manager to fill in with what he wants.

Jericholyte2

I’ve put up a barrier recently so I’m just numb to anything United-related right now, so...yeah...whatever.

Deery

Dreary
He’ll probably go somewhere else and pull up trees but it could be a blessing in disguise for United as a new manager could go out and get one or two premium midfielders of his choice and not have to worry about the Pogba puzzle.

RUCK4444

Those sources will be Romano after Ogden was on his podcast earlier.
Yeah Romano parroting Ogden like always. He had Ogden on his podcast earlier, I listened on way home (no idea why) and Romano is literally telling Ogden that his latest info on the Ole situation was ‘really interesting’ and blah blah. Yet a few hours earlier he’s tweeting word for word what Ogden had said himself as though it’s his own information after speaking with ‘sources.’ Laughable.

Is Ogden even considered reliable by people who believe journo’s?

These idiots know less than us on the caf unless it’s specifically a briefing that comes from the club, in which case multiple sources are told at the same time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sell him in January and loan in players from China or the United States to play CM. Sell Pogba for 20 million pounds. I would sell Pogba in January and use Sancho in Central midfield for the time being. Our team is very strong so we can do that. Pogba doesn't have discipline to play cm defensively yet has the physique that other players don't.
You ok?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Yeah, yeah... yeah, let's do that!