Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The sad thing is Pogba is one of the few players who I’ve always felt confident would land on his feet and even take a step up should he choose to leave United at the end of this contract. We’ve wasted him like so many other players, but there’s very few in this squad who’d now interest the top clubs once Pogba has left.

Not surprised in the least City, and a non-sanctioned Chelsea, would want Pogba.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
We have not scapegoating him his whole career that is utter bs in my opinion. I wanted things to work out but has had more than enough chances.
I agree. I said in his opinion, which he clearly would think is correct, especially his reception end of the season being booed off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly I reckon they're trolling at this point. "Let's leak that we'll sign Pogba and it'll panic those morons into paying him 500k a week!"

Like he elevated Grealish's and Zlatan's game? Aguero wasn't hardworking enough for him so Pogba would make him apoplectic.

Pep wouldn't stand it. He'd rip Pogba a new one or bench him for a year.
They have played that game successfully a few times before!
Although I reckon all of the players we've beaten them to would have looked world beaters for them.

Kellyiom

Honestly I reckon they're trolling at this point. "Let's leak that we'll sign Pogba and it'll panic those morons into paying him 500k a week!"

Like he elevated Grealish's and Zlatan's game? Aguero wasn't hardworking enough for him so Pogba would make him apoplectic.

Pep wouldn't stand it. He'd rip Pogba a new one or bench him for a year.
yeah, I mean, c'mon..this has got to be 'epic b@ntz' or something, if Pep's genuinely said anything like this, I think he needs a good holiday, no chance!

Tyrion

yeah, I mean, c'mon..this has got to be 'epic b@ntz' or something, if Pep's genuinely said anything like this, I think he needs a good holiday, no chance!
I'm half serious about it. The same thing happened with Sanchez and Ronaldo.

Thiagoal

No way he fits in that team, dithers on the ball far to long, and he’s only getting slower.
This is the key thing that makes me believe these reports are nonsense! Pep needs quick thinking players that operate instinctively; Pogba gets the ball, pirouettes , leans into the opposing player, tussles for a bit and then either loses the ball or falls over. No way Pep can think he’d suit City!

Ollie Derbyshire

This is the key thing that makes me believe these reports are nonsense! Pep needs quick thinking players that operate instinctively; Pogba gets the ball, pirouettes , leans into the opposing player, tussles for a bit and then either loses the ball or falls over. No way Pep can think he’d suit City!
He’d regrow his hair so he could pull it out! City fans would hate him I think as well. No way he suddenly starts putting in enough effort like the rest do. At least we don’t have to watch him stand around waiting for an oppo player to lean into ever again. Most frustrating player ever.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think he will thrive at Man City. He should have went there or Real Madrid after Juventus instead of us

SungSam7

Pep playing mind games, he wants us to sign him. He has no intention, same with wanting Fred and Maguire, only the former has been any use.

OverratedOpinion

I don't think he would suit City at all.

A bit like Grealish he is at his best when doing individual moments of brilliance, he is not a system player. You can find a balance as he sometimes does with France but I think it is a lot easier to do that for 8 or 9 games than it is for 50 or 60.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The only team I'd rather see him join than City would be Liverpool.

Tiber

Don't doubt for a second that if he goes to City they will put a strong midfield around him and he will instantly be a huge success.

3KDré

Don't doubt for a second that if he goes to City they will put a strong midfield around him and he will instantly be a huge success.
I doubt they would build around him at all. They have KDB who is the best midfielder in the world arguably, you think they're going to adjust how he plays in order to accomodate Pogba?

No chance this is happening. If there's anyone Pogba resembles it is Yaya Toure, who Pep had issues with because he didn't run enough. Moreover, why would they pay him 400-500k a week and ruin their wage structure? They also have KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan and Foden all play in a similar position to him. If there's a midfielder they are signing, it is defensive one to cover the loss of Fernandinho.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I doubt they would build around him at all. They have KDB who is the best midfielder in the world arguably, you think they're going to adjust how he plays in order to accomodate Pogba?

No chance this is happening. If there's anyone Pogba resembles it is Yaya Toure, who Pep had issues with because he didn't run enough. Moreover, why would they pay him 400-500k a week and ruin their wage structure? They also have KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan and Foden all play in a similar position to him. If there's a midfielder they are signing, it is defensive one to cover the loss of Fernandinho.
I believe in Man City, players play for the system and they don't build the team around anyone. They bring in players they believe that can play for that system.

Smithy89

Wouldn't get a sniff over the likes of Gundogan, Kev, Rodri or Silva for me.

Jacob

Not bothered about where he goes. We have such a massive challenge ahead of that the opposition doesn't matter.

NoPace

I believe they'll have looked into him as a Gundogan replacement (and they may have Silva), but will have concerns about his mobility at this point and look elsewhere.

buckooo1978

I think he's a poor fit for City

In all honesty i think theres a touch of the Verons about Pogba and I dont think he's ideally suited to the Premier League in terms of pace.

Italian Football and International football, both of which he has thrived in, are a slower pace.

If City went for him it would be as much about having a dig at United/commercial/economic reasons as football. Think Pogba would upset pay structure at City surely?

Think PSG will want a big name to replace M'Bappe

Think Madrid have an ageing Modric and Kroos and he wanted there before

Who knows and in all honesty im not even bothered much at all where he goes. Preferably not City

Judas

Open to offers
He's injury prone and seems an odd fit for City. I don't think it'll happen, but if it does oh well? Maybe he'll help them stopping Liverpool win more trophies. It's hard to get too emotional and annoyed about this potential deal, which says it all really.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Mad to pay the big bucks for a guy who's been fit for ~50% of all league games over the past 5 or so years.

Fahad Jawaid

I will be ecstatic to see him go. He's slow, lazy and a liability off the ball, plus he spend half the season injured. He also needs a DM like Kante who can run all day and also required support from Matuidi who is the French version of Park for his work rate and selflessness.

If he goes to city he will be replacing Bernado Silva, whose is a great passer, rarely losses the ball and his work rate and pressing is immense. All of a sudden with KBD, Pogba and Rodri this looks like a very unbalanced side, with all onus of defensive responsibility on Rodri. Against any half decent side they will be ripped to shreds.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He may well do better for City than he did for us given they're a better side with a brilliant manager and he's always been exceptionally talented.

But I don't see him improving City as a team much. Whatever upgrade he provides in some areas over someone like Bernado Silva or whoever, he also brings different issues in return. If that's the type of player they decide to make one of their highest paid this summer, I'm fine with it.

Certainly a lot more fine with it than I would be if we ended up re-signing him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
a drop of peps magic juice and pogba will be running around like a 22 year old again.

The fans can’t really be complaining if he does join city after booing him constantly and telling him to leave :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I believe in Man City, players play for the system and they don't build the team around anyone. They bring in players they believe that can play for that system.
Well if they bring in haaland he won't be playing the cf role like foden / Stirling this season

Equally if they were to bring in pogba (I dont think they will btw) he would give am improved option of somebody who can carry the ball with power through cm

Pep is an intelligent coach and in the games he feels that would help them he would tweak things to exploit it.

Psg, real or Juve would be my thoughts as to his most likley destination.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
a drop of peps magic juice and pogba will be running around like a 22 year old again.

The fans can’t really be complaining if he does join city after booing him constantly and telling him to leave :lol:
That's a exaggeration.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Maybe his handlers tossed out the City rumors to scare United into action, perhaps hoping the board would stump up ala Ronaldo to City this past summer. Hopefully, the board don't give in unless ETH truly rates him for his system.

BuzzKillington

Awful aren’t we. He left us on a free, we had to pay £80m to get him back. He then put in 5 years of half arsed performances before declaring himself injured for the last 6 months of this season, to ensure he doesn’t put his second free transfer away from us in jeopardy. #freepogba

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

What about fans who've supported him all these years?

pascell

Said when the news broke last week he wouldn't go to City.

I think it'll be back to Juve once they sell a few and get rid of Ramseys contract off their books.