Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

LoneStar

Said when the news broke last week he wouldn't go to City.

I think it'll be back to Juve once they sell a few and get rid of Ramseys contract off their books.
They don‘t seem to be in a great position themselves though! I think he’d prefer PSG or Madrid if one of them is interested.

Trex

He was never going to fit into their style of play and best for him to leave England all together with the media attention he gets.

Ted Lasso

Reading now he doesn’t want to go city. He probably does love united to some degree, just hasn’t worked out.
That's very much exactly as I see it. The fact that he kept talking about United after he left the first time was a sign he was hurting. Unfortunate that his time here hasn't been more fruitful for both of us but sometimes that's the way of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The City news was always a last ditch attempt to get us to match his demands. We clearly aren't budging.

He will end up at PSG and enjoy winning some trophies at a canter in his last few years. I don't blame him really.

Playing with Neymar and Messi isn't too bad is it.

kps88

Reading now he doesn’t want to go city. He probably does love united to some degree, just hasn’t worked out.
I don't think that's got anything to do with it. A move to Madrid, Juventus or PSG would just be far better for him career wise. He's not been able to perform in the Premier League and joining a team known for pressing and intense work rate is too big a risk for him to take.

Classical Mechanic

I don't think that's got anything to do with it. A move to Madrid, Juventus or PSG would just be far better for him career wise. He's not been able to perform in the Premier League and joining a team known for pressing and intense work rate is too big a risk for him to take.
Well that and apparently City offered him less than he earns at United on his current contract. If City were matching our current contract offer at around £400k a week then I tend to think that he'd join.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Well that and apparently City offered him less than he earns at United on his current contract. If City were matching our current contract offer at around £400k a week then I tend to think that he'd join.
If it was a straight choice between us and them I do think he would now join them, but I do think he would prefer to to go elsewhere if the option is there.

mctrials23

I'm not convinced that City offered him a contract at all and lets be honest, they aren't run by clowns so it would have been on a salary that reflects his actual value. So less than £200k/week.

If he wanted to win trophies and prove himself he would go to City. He has no interest in that. He will go wherever the most money is.

roseguy64

I'm not convinced that City offered him a contract at all and lets be honest, they aren't run by clowns so it would have been on a salary that reflects his actual value. So less than £200k/week.

If he wanted to win trophies and prove himself he would go to City. He has no interest in that. He will go wherever the most money is.
Man Utd is where the most money is according to Di Marzio so...?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
On the rare (of which I mean almost impossible) chance he stays and we buckle to salary demands, I wonder how many fans will be pleased he stays? Can't imagine there are many..

Giggsy13

The City links were laughable then the suggestion today that Pogba rejected them was comedy gold. Can't wait to see him feck off, good riddance.

Someone

Something
He'll join PSG and get paid a lot through their sponsors. He's already doing ads for beIN Sports.

Rolaholic

They'll have a CL capable winning team if they manage to keep Mbappe

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
When you see that it is our worst years we start the absolutely mediocre Rabiot in Pogba’s favored LM position… that Milinkovic Savic is quoted +£70m by that nutjob Lotito… and youngsters like Gravenberch, Camavinga and Tchouameni aiming for greener pastures… the return on a free transfer of an admittedly lazy, donke-ish, past-his-best Pogba still seems the best available option for Juve to try and upgrade on the black hole named Rabiot.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Pogba and PSG are made for each other. He’ll have a stellar cast of supporting players to the dirty work while he makes those Hollywood passes to Mbappe and co

Revaulx

Promise you his injury record will be clean as a whistle once he leaves
Serious question: why?

Has he been faking injuries, or is Citeh’s medical department a lot better than United’?

The former seems unlikely, unless you’re a hardcore conspiracy theorist. The latter I have no doubt about whatever.

Or maybe he’s just got more injury prone in recent years and will continue to be so. Which is what I believe, and the main reason I want him gone.

crossy1686

career ending
Serious question: why?

Has he been faking injuries, or is Citeh’s medical department a lot better than United’?

The former seems unlikely, unless you’re a hardcore conspiracy theorist. The latter I have no doubt about whatever.

Or maybe he’s just got more injury prone in recent years and will continue to be so. Which is what I believe, and the main reason I want him gone.
It's super common, generally, that when your work environment is super shit, or you're overloaded with work, people get "sick" more. There's an actual metric for measuring the impact this has on businesses, it's called the Bradford Factor.

The Bradford Factor is a simple formula that allows companies to apply a relative weighting to employee unplanned absences (sickness, Doctors appointments, emergency childcare, etc). The Bradford Factor supports the principal that repeat absences have a greater operational impact than long term sick. (A weighting is the impact that an event will have on the overall running of the normal business. If you give something a larger weighting score, it has a bigger impact).
You start to see patterns in sickness, such as certain times of the year, certain days etc. I'm not saying Pogba is aware of this, but I promise you his 50% injury record he currently holds at United will massively recover at least 20% during his next contract.

Revaulx

It's super common, generally, that when your work environment is super shit, or you're overloaded with work, people get "sick" more. There's an actual metric for measuring the impact this has on businesses, it's called the Bradford Factor.

You start to see patterns in sickness, such as certain times of the year, certain days etc. I'm not saying Pogba is aware of this, but I promise you his 50% injury record he currently holds at United will massively recover at least 20% during his next contract.
Ha! Never heard of the Bradford Factor before.

I sing in the Cathedral choir of that fair city twice a week. More than that and I'd be permanently depressed...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't buy these reports that Bayern are interested. PSG, I could see it.
He is not coming to Bayern. He is the antithesis of what Nagelsmann looks for in a midfielder. Gravenberch (and maybe Laimer) will be it for Bayern.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Agent Nedved is pushing him to re-join Juve… a number of sources are now confirming that a formal meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow: PSG offering €12m/year net, Juve €8m/year net + bonuses… it is on him, now.