Paul Pogba | Manchester United player

How do you feel about the signing of Paul Pogba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTrevil

I think the whole saga speaks volumes about him as a man. When he left us I think to those around him it was obvious the potential he had, however there was no scathing attack launched by him toward Fergie or the club even though he was treated unfairly, nor did he turn around and start spouting how we would regret it etc. Many players leave clubs and then chat a load, whereas Pogba had the respect and understanding that anything can happen in football.

The way he has thanked Juve as well is admirable.
Yup he's a classy and personable character, playful as well, and has immense confidence in his ability.

windycityfan

Will the actual numbers and lettering, style-wise, be as portrayed in the lockeroom Adidas ad, or we'll revert back to typical EPL-style format once season begins?

MDFC Manager

They really worked on manufacturing this, didn't they? Probably agreed for him to come with black clothes and a gold backpack to fit the whole black/gold theme.
Most definitely. Preparations have perhaps been ongoing from before the deal was agreed with Juventus. The club must have been super confident all along

Gasolin

Guardian saying Pogba was given the choice of Madrid or Manchester and chose United.

Also says that the United and Juve talks were straightforward and sorted in 2 meetings - which just goes to show, ignore what agents and clubs leak to the press
A lot of wow for me if that's really the case... It's lovely. Just lovely that Pogba was able to say no to Madrid.
And also if the 2 meetings were enough to seal the deal then I want to pay a special tribute to @Acquire Me and @Maradona10

Btw, the article says that in 2013, United scouts were already saying that we needed to sign back Pogba, available for £65M.
Unbelievable information here but well, Mourinho wanted him so.

Mr Smith

Bale is a contender.
Still doesn't do it anywhere near as often, and is a few years older. The amount of long-range strikes Pogba has racked up in his career is remarkable, Gerrard is the only player I can think of in recent years who scored goals from distance that frequently at his age, and Pogba has a good few other qualities Gerrard never had.

Gasolin

Eric Olhats. Buyout clause, player and his brother quite fond of Manchester United so if we have Champions league football and are playing well, we wouldn't need Raiola's powers to make this happen.
Pogba and Griezmann are roommates for the French national team. And they're friends. Paul can convince Antoine once United is back on top with a title this year!

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Pogba is better than Ozil in almost every way. Pogba also isn't a sulking git who goes invisible when he can't be arsed playing anymore.
I'm very neutral when it comes to these thing, Pogba is well known to give up on games when the team is not doing so well and start whining about every mistake made by the team. Although he is better than Ozil. :)

NK86

I think we need a tidy midfielder. Someone like Scholes or Fabregas. I think Pogba might become a very good midfielder, he is not currently based on Euros, but with his long legs I don't think he will ever be considered a real tidy player with the ball. Our best midfielder with the ball is Carrick, a 35 year old and that could be a problem.

The other worry I have is while Pogba is strong and can cover a large area, I don't think he is quick over 10 yards or less. In other words the spine of our team is sorely lacking in quickness: Carrick, Schneiderlein, Fellaini, Pogba, Herrera, Rooney and Ibra. Teams like Liverpool, with quick players all over, will have a decided advantage.
I was looking for the white text, but seems like there is none.

The first bold part shows you have not seen enough of him. Him not being good/tidy with the ball is the biggest joke I have read on here.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
They really worked on manufacturing this, didn't they? Probably agreed for him to come with black clothes and a gold backpack to fit the whole black/gold theme.
It gave our sponsors a lot of exposure too and it made the transfer big world wide

Sereques

I know this video has been posted but i strongly recommend people with doubts to watch it. It's not some scrabby 5 minutes highlight video.
I can't see how he's going to be anything other than a success here. I watched him in the reserves but this player is unrecognisable. He has elevated his game so much.
Is there a more complete young midfielder. Strength, pae, skill, balance, technique, grace, guile, toughness, passing(long and short)...this guy has it all. Look at how players are bouncing off him.:eek:
Damm, those strikers suck big time.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Where do we reckon Pogba ranks now in terms of "best players in the Premier League"?
In terms of name he is up there with the best maybay even he is the best.

But we will have to see how he performs in the league before we can really claim he is the best. Di Maria was that aswell in name when we signed him but he didnt perform.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Damm, those strikers suck big time.
The guy will be ready for a cold night in Stoke :D

To be serious, at Juve he had the freedom to bomb forward anytime he get the ball. He was also playing a lot on the left side of midfield which he favors.

I just hope that we'll be able to find a global formation that suits him the best, and not adpating him to our poor style of play. I mean I would be glad to play a 4-3-3 with him and Ander in front of Carrick, allowning them to push forward and sitting behind, but not being the defensive midfielders, or I would like to see a 4-1-4-1 where he share the number 8 spot with Wayne, as we know that Wayne can't do #10, #8 anymore....

ti vu

A lot of wow for me if that's really the case... It's lovely. Just lovely that Pogba was able to say no to Madrid.
And also if the 2 meetings were enough to seal the deal then I want to pay a special tribute to @Acquire Me and @Maradona10

Btw, the article says that in 2013, United scouts were already saying that we needed to sign back Pogba, available for £65M.
Unbelievable information here but well, Mourinho wanted him so.
:mad: Please don't bring up that period. Make my blood boiling every time I recall that period. Transition would be so much smoother in the right hand/ a charismatic manager who has great pulling power at that period.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So whats the preference from the Caf, if Rooney being displaced were plausible, box to box or number 10 for Pogba?

I'd prefer the former.

NK86

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I guess that is Shah Rukh Khan's movie. Lolz. Love it where they put Jose's face .... Lolz
Could have been better. With Ed's face on Amitabh Bachhan and Lingard, Rashford and other youngsters dancing around in the background instead of the extras :p

Von Mistelroum

1. Aguero
2. Ibra
3. Ozil
4. Pogba
5. Mahrez
6. De Bruyne
Ozil is a very good player, but not the player we all thought he could become. I'm not even convinced he's Arsenal's best player.

I'd not rank them as such, but I'd put Aguero, Zlatan and Pogba in the very top tier. Hazard could potentially be there too if he gets back on track.

Ozil I'd put on the next level down, alongside Silva, KDB, Mkhitaryan (if he replicates his Dortmund form), Sanchez etc.

Mahrez needs another season at a top level before I could put him in with the Silvas and Ozils though.

kr0nix

Would love to see something like this, not gonna happen with Rooney there though. Schneiderlin in there as a Vidal-lite to allow Pogs to do his thing.

ti vu

I don't want to get involved in a long discussion about this, as it is pointless and silly.
But when a player is looking for a move, he begins to say nice things about the new club he wants to be at.
ALL players does this. Ronaldo did this when he wanted to move to Madrid. DDG did this when he wanted a move to Madrid. Even DDG's girlfriend was doing the social media rounds. Bale couldn't wait to move to Madrid and he did not hide this fact, before he moved to Spain.
I could go on, but you get the point.

Pogba kept his mouth shut.
You may already see other reasons giving to you by other posters. I'll add the Adidas promotion campaign into the mix. Ronaldo moved away from Nike club to Adidas, Bale is not top face, same with De Gea... Pogba is the face of Adidas now (even though they have Messi) and in future. Moving between 2 Adidas clubs (to their biggest sponsor paid club). They even created the promotion campaign FirstNeverFollow so it's better Pogba to acts differently than the precedent world record holders. Adidas has one of the the best advertising campaign so of course they don't want controversial between the 2 clubs and their poster boy.

MDFC Manager

Would love to see something like this, not gonna happen with Rooney there though. Schneiderlin in there as a Vidal-lite to allow Pogs to do his thing.
We'd win the league with that. But like you said, not gonna happen.

Sereques

The guy will be ready for a cold night in Stoke :D

To be serious, at Juve he had the freedom to bomb forward anytime he get the ball. He was also playing a lot on the left side of midfield which he favors.

I just hope that we'll be able to find a global formation that suits him the best, and not adpating him to our poor style of play. I mean I would be glad to play a 4-3-3 with him and Ander in front of Carrick, allowning them to push forward and sitting behind, but not being the defensive midfielders, or I would like to see a 4-1-4-1 where he share the number 8 spot with Wayne, as we know that Wayne can't do #10, #8 anymore....
He's going to play the role Fellaini had during the shield, it's also left sided and he will be allowed freedom.

MDFC Manager

So whats the preference from the Caf, if Rooney being displaced were plausible, box to box or number 10 for Pogba?

I'd prefer the former.
Yup, slot him in exactly the same role that Mourinho had Lampard excelling in.

SirAF

Ageist
We'd win the league with that. But like you said, not gonna happen.
I'm quite hopeful that Jose will drop Rooney in a few weeks if he doesn't improve (he won't). Remember that Casillas was dropped, and that was a bigger deal in Madrid than what dropping Rooney at United would be.

mr.suave

Yeah, I reckon that's our strongest lineup at the moment, provided Schneiderlin can get back to being as good as he was for Southampton. Hopefully we'll see it at some point.

Looking at that team, though, I really wouldn't fancy being an opposition right back.

Martial alone is hassle enough, but with Luke Shaw bombing down the touchline and Pobga drifting out to the wing, our entire left flank is going to be devastating.

MDFC Manager

I'm quite hopeful that Jose will drop Rooney in a few weeks if he doesn't improve (he won't). Remember that Casillas was dropped, and that was a bigger deal in Madrid than what dropping Rooney at United would be.
I hope you are right too!

Quizierda

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37027787

BBC also confirm Real Madrid were keen on signing him and that Woodward started mending bridges with Pogba and Raiola 1 year after Pogba left to make this moment possible.
I could clearly see that this is true actually simply due to the fact that we'd been constantly linked with a move for Pogba since Woody was appointed. If this is true, however, Woody has done a great job and has clearly shown Pogba that United value him a lot. In combination with Mou (who also tried to sign Pogba for a while now) this valuation and long standing relationship could clearly have influenced Pogs decision to come back - even over Madrid (not sure if this is true tbh).

Woody's done a great job since he's in charge I hope our players and manager will do the same aagain this season so that even Woody could earn a bit of his well deserved credits.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

That line-up is extremely strong and probably the best we could field. That would also give Pogba the freedom he needs to roam and be present in the attacking third

Status
Not open for further replies.