Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Pogbas best form for us comes from the left wing, when Fred and Mctominay are fit they generally start in midfield over him.

Against any decent opposition he rarely plays in a two and if he does it doesn’t end up well.

Phillips is a proper two man midfield player, Pogba isn’t at all. Comparing Phillips to Pogba is just stupid considering Pogba is better on the left and can’t really play there against decent opposition.

Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho are all better than Pogba from the left and can fill a creative void.

Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford, Bruno, Sancho, Amad.

Phillips, Mctominay, Fred, VDB.

We would not miss Pogba I assure you.
Phillips is shite at progressing the ball through the midfield. So are Fred and Mctominay - that's why everyone is so against them playing low block teams. Jury is still out on vdB. Pogba is the best in the world at that. We sell Pogba and you will watch us go back to failing to create chances against low block teams.

What do you see in Phillips? There is nothing he does better than Fred or McTom! Absolute perfect signing if you want to make our team worse and clog up our already overstaffed midfield with players who aren't particularly good at anything.

AFC NimbleThumb

No one's overreacting to anything. People are just sick of his brother's/agent talking at what seem like terrible times. We just get into good form and the first thing out of their mouths is he may leave. Eve of a UCL match which is tradition at this point too.
You say no one’s overreacting then resort to hyperbole.

His brother has said nothing wrong here, if you want to regurgitate your faux outrage for Raiola’s comments then fine but if these comments derail this side then we truly are fecked as a football club.

I wonder why the Caf lacked the same energy for Albers. . .

To be honest it’s Rashford over Pogba as I don’t consider Pogba to be a two man midfielder, for me he plays best off the left.

We don’t need him a handful of good games won’t change that opinion.

Some incredibly short memories here.
Pogba has been our best player this season and was up there for most of next season. You think Phillips is better cos he had a mediocre euros. Your memory isn't just short, it's non-existent.

RORY65

Arsenal apparently did too for the last half-hour against Norwich, after bringing on Smith-Rowe. ESR and Ødegaard up front, Partey behind. If they can do it, I'm starting to believe we can too. Will be interesting to see if they try it for a full game, and against someone better than Norwich.

Considering how many players we have who would fit much better into that formation than they do in a 4231 (Donny, Pogba, Lingard just to name the most obvious), it's a really appealing prospect.
If we could do that more reliably against the lesser teams then that would probably suffice (beating them particularly at home has been somewhat of an issue), so far this season we haven't played anyone that good and although the results have been mostly very positive the performances haven't quite matched them (certainly the last half hour at Southampton and the Wolves game) so finding a balance where we can have more technical, creative players on the field but still look somewhat controlled is the next hurdle for this team. I don't see such an issue with going with McFred and having to either play Pogba wide or benching him against the better sides.

TsuWave

Considering that the interview is from El Chiringuito tv I'd think it's more of a 'Come get me before it's too late' to Madrid.
he's always on el chiringuito, and as been pointed out, he usually says far worse. him saying Pogba is feeling good here is a positive sign considering past statements

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Its the only way for his brother to stay relevant, he is not good at football so he tries to generate controversy. Dont even pay attention to him.

MadMike

Whatever he decides to do, will dictate our transfer targets next summer. If he goes we're likely to to need two CMs, one of them a capable playmaker. If he stays Ole might just replace Matic with a holding DM and pair them with Pogba.

Flytan

You say no one’s overreacting then resort to hyperbole.

His brother has said nothing wrong here, if you want to regurgitate your faux outrage for Raiola’s comments then fine but if these comments derail this side then we truly are fecked as a football club.

I wonder why the Caf lacked the same energy for Albers. . .
What did I say that was hyperbole lol?

Giggsforever

I hope he sign a new contract. I am a bit worried about the pulling power of the city of Paris, the wages, sign on fee and playing with some of the players there.

Gandalf

Likely that he stays but Raiola is going to make sure to remind us that he has other options. COVID finances will likely prevent most clubs from offering anything too wild but we will still essentially have to offer him the same deal he would get as a free agent so a massive signing on fee on top of the wages and a huge truck full of money for his agent. PSG can obviously outspend us but for some reason Paul always seems rather cool on speculation linking him there, seems to really not fancy it. Maybe he is a Marseille fan?

steffyr2

It's strange how slow and uninteresting Pogba is these days. Maybe that should read "uninterested".

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Last time he was adamant that it was over and now he is talking with us? Just contract negotiation tactics i guess to squeeze as much as possible from us. I doubt Pogba wants to go to Italian or French league

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Using Juve to get a better contract out of us, not exactly rocket science is it.

The haters will say GO WE DONT WANT YOU ANYWAY LEAVE TO TURIN IF YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH

tenpoless

From United to Juve. Makes sense. Always choosing the most path of resistance this guy. Raiola is talking bollocks. No other clubs went for him so he had to talk about Pogbas love for Juve. Shut up and eat your burger on your shitty chair. Let Pogba sign the contract.

estel_manutd

I would not break the bank to get him to sign a new contract. His presence in midfield while good for creativity from the middle of the park is detrimental to the overall balance of the team. And, we have better options from the left than Pogba. However, if he willing to agree to reasonable terms, his presence is an overall plus for squad depth and options for the manager.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Juve would be a step down at this point, they can't even win Serie A at this point.

PSG would be the best option if he wants trophies and Real makes sense if he wants to be a galáctico and he'd probably win trophies there too.

hobbers

As good a player as he is, if or when Pogba leaves I don't think we'll need to replace him like for like in the transfer market.

We just have to fill that number 6 position with a new signing and then Mctominay, Fred, Vdb and Mejbri can all play in the 8.

Here's how the pool of first team midfield players can look like if or when Pogba leaves:

6: NEW SIGNING, Galbraith, Garner, Fred, Levitt
8: Mctominay, Vdb, Fred, Mejbri, Garner, Levitt

10: Fernandes, Vdb, Mejbri

In total 9 players for 3 positions. So Levitt, Garner and Galbraith might go out on loan again.
Grim. So grim.

Sub top-four level of midfield cohort.

RedDevilRoshi

Using Juve to get a better contract out of us, not exactly rocket science is it.

The haters will say GO WE DONT WANT YOU ANYWAY LEAVE TO TURIN IF YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH
IIRC, did he not name drop Liverpool too as a possible destination for Pogba earlier this summer?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
IIRC, did he not name drop Liverpool too as a possible destination for Pogba earlier this summer?
Not that I remember but Raiola talks a lot. No chance he goes there anyway, they can barely pay Salah what he wants.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Juventus just announced a loss of €250m and practically begged Ronaldo to leave cause they couldn’t afford his wages. They surely can’t afford Pogbas wages either even though he won’t earn as much as Ronaldo. It’s either PSG or Madrid.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Raiola gets him to Madrid of PSG he'll claim it as a victory, but what's been apparent the last few years is that there's absolutely no market for Pogba at the sort of level he believes he's at. A big side will take him on a free if he moves on, but the lack of teams knocking down the door is telling.

RDCR07

If Raiola gets him to Madrid of PSG he'll claim it as a victory, but what's been apparent the last few years is that there's absolutely no market for Pogba at the sort of level he believes he's at. A big side will take him on a free if he moves on, but the lack of teams knocking down the door is telling.
If you’re Madrid or PSG why would you pay what we are asking when he has less than a year left?

Brophs

The One and Only
If you’re Madrid or PSG why would you pay what we are asking when he has less than a year left?
Well, you wouldn't, Or shouldn't. But that's not my point. He's been looking to leave for a couple of seasons now and no one has made a serious play to get him.

RDCR07

Well, you wouldn't, Or shouldn't. But that's not my point. He's been looking to leave for a couple of seasons now and no one has made a serious play to get him.
Because with more than one year left on his contract our asking price would have been about £100m plus we had Covid so no club could afford to pay that. It’s not that he didn’t have a market. He prolly walks into almost any team in the world.

Brophs

The One and Only
Because with more than one year left on his contract our asking price would have been about £100m plus we had Covid so no club could afford to pay that. It’s not that he didn’t have a market. He prolly walks into almost any team in the world.
He wanted to leave long before Covid and no club was willing to pay that.