Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Mainoldo

If the Mirror are to be believed we offered him a 3 year extension at £350k/week.

That's still more than he's worth. Good riddance.
:lol: :lol: More than his worth. Behave yourself. We ain’t getting no midfielder better than him for years.

SuperiorXI

I'd rather keep him for another year than lose him for 45m, that's a disgraceful amount for a player with his qualities. 60m bare minimum with bonuses to 75m.

laughtersassassin

No way we'd sell him for less than we buy Varane for.

Pogba is a better Midfielder than Varane is CB.

He is more marketable to boot etc.

Worth at minimum 15 million more than Varane would be.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Before everyone's jumping on this and tells Pogba to feck off like they love to do remember this "jounro" is the guy who made up a rumour that Pogba and Bruno injured eachother in training before a big game.

He is likely hedging his bets to try look good
Yup. He used to leak the teams during the Moyes era I think - been absolute shite since. Fantastic way to get in the clicks here with some Delaney style speculation. I give it 3 hours until a reliable journalist comes out and says we haven’t offered him a contract and are still negotiating.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't understand getting worked up about Pogba either way. Its felt like he's going this summer or next for awhile. So why get into a twist about the idea he might leave?

laughtersassassin

Just remember we wouldn't have got near the EL final without Pogba.

People just love to forget his contributions

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pogba is a player who needs freedom in order to get the best out of him and we already have Sancho, Rashford, & Bruno to play in that freedom role aka Pogba's role. He might be quality but if we want to sell him due to his contract, it is not a big deal because there are already players within the squad who are capable to play in his best role. We don't need to sign someone like Pogba as like for like replacement, why sign a player who doesn't fit, we should sign someone who is different than Pogba. A midfield who can offer something in both attack and defense, someone more all rounder can actually make us look better.

hobbers

:lol: :lol: More than his worth. Behave yourself. We ain’t getting no midfielder better than him for years.
Under Ole we have won less than half of the games that Pogba has started in. Less than half.

I'm done caring about his talent, if the talent doesn't translate into elevating the team around him it's not worth the money and not worth the circus.

laughtersassassin

I don't understand getting worked up about Pogba either way. Its felt like he's going this summer or next for awhile. So why get into a twist about the idea he might leave?
It's all about how we replace him.

Need 2 players imo. A DM and a CM

It's a big loss even if people want to pretend it isn't.

mu4c_20le

Can't wait to target Saul and Camavinga and end up with Sean Longstaff for 45m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just remember we wouldn't have got near the EL final without Pogba.

People just love to forget his contributions
Just remember we wouldn't have got near the EL final without Pogba playing wide as wide playmaker. And we literary already signed Sancho for the role.

Mainoldo

Under Ole we have won less than half of the games that Pogba has started in. Less than half.

I'm done caring about his talent, if the talent doesn't translate into elevating the team around him it's not worth the money and not worth the circus.
How many trophies?

Nothing is wrong with his performance. This ain’t Taarabt. He’s delivered. He’s won us trophies and helped us gain our new level of success which is top 4. It’s not his performances that are the issue. Otherwise there’s w long list of current players with less talent and less acceptable performances.

Rajma

What did we get from him during his years here? Very little for what’s worth I would say. Ridiculous overreaction, we’ll get someone who’s a much better fit tactically.

laughtersassassin

Just remember we wouldn't have got near the EL final without Pogba playing wide as wide playmaker. And we literary already signed Sancho for the role.
We also dropped him into midfield when Fred and McTominay where having a stinker as they are poor on the ball and doing there best to lose us one of the latter games.

Mainoldo

Pogba is a player who needs freedom in order to get the best out of him and we already have Sancho, Rashford, & Bruno to play in that freedom role aka Pogba's role. He might be quality but if we want to sell him due to his contract, it is not a big deal because there are already players within the squad who are capable to play in his best role. We don't need to sign someone like Pogba as like for like replacement, why sign a player who doesn't fit, we should sign someone who is different than Pogba. A midfield who can offer something in both attack and defense, someone more all rounder can actually make us look better.
What player is this? We need a DM which he doesn’t offer us but we also need someone to dictate play which non of our current midfielders bar him offers us.

So we best have a good plan.

yamo123x

Time to get rid and bring in ready made replacement Jack Grealish. It’s now or never smash city out of the water

Mainoldo

What did we get from him during his years here? Very little for what’s worth I would say. Ridiculous overreaction, we’ll get someone who’s a much better fit tactically.
The same as we got from our current players here. I don’t get your point. Are we a one man team?

Also who fits us better? I’m not disagreeing there I’m asking how does it improve us. Does replacing him with Neves (eg) improve us?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Probably looking for higher salary and longer term. 3 year at his age would reduce his chance of getting a better contract down the line. Last chance at big contract. Would actually be an idiot to accept 3 year contract at his age

laughtersassassin

If Pogba is going just say feck it and sell VDB too so we can get Rice and Grealish.

If VDB is the Pogba replacement we are fecked.

Mainoldo

Probably looking for higher salary and longer term. 3 year at his age would reduce his chance of getting a better contract down the line. Last chance at big contract. Would actually be an idiot to accept 3 year contract at his age
True. Would he looking for a 5 year deal.

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
It will be a positive for us when he finally goes. We could replace Pogba with a player of half his quality and double his commitment and we would be better off. And such a player is plentiful and relatively cheap. I really struggle to understand the people who act like losing a non-commited player is a big deal. He doesn't care about winning and he doesn't care about the club, so why on earth should we care?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What player is this? We need a DM which he doesn’t offer us but we also need someone to dictate play which non of our current midfielders bar him offers us.

So we best have a good plan.
Pogba is capable of brilliant passing but I wouldn't say that he dictates play for us. He doesn't really set the tempo or control the team around most of the time.