Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why can't we allow him running down his contract? If PSG don't pay up we should keep him. We're not desperate for the money and by all the reports he's not an issue but a fairly popular figure in the dressing room. People have talked about him causing issues in the dressing room for years but no sources have ever said that's the case.
Just think the optics for the club of losing him twice on a free, especially after bringing him back for a club record fee, it's just not going to happen.

I'm certainly not implying no one likes him or he's a toxic personality, but I was implying if he renews and gets more than 350 a week, I don't see how that doesn't cause issues.

Josep Dowling

Why can't we allow him running down his contract? If PSG don't pay up we should keep him. We're not desperate for the money and by all the reports he's not an issue but a fairly popular figure in the dressing room. People have talked about him causing issues in the dressing room for years but no sources have ever said that's the case.
Sell a player for £50m now, otherwise lose him on a free next season? People act like £50m is nothing. The club didn’t even make profits over £50m before COVID. It’s a lot of money for a player who doesn’t want to be here. Best to sell whilst we can get some money so it can be invested on a player who wants to play for United.

RedDevil-85

"If Pogba was offered enough money he would stay" Sigh..
If its about money then there is no better fit for him than PSG.

Lets sell him now and get this over and done with.
Sick to death of this circus

ChaddyP

If its about money he will wait his contract out and sign a massive deal with who ever he wants that pays him the most

Scottynaldinho

Why there's no one linking him with Bayern? Surely the idea must have crossed his mind as would be an excellent footballing decision. Raiola wouldn't fancy it as they won't bog down to his demands.

There's no way Bayern wouldn't love to have him too. Easier to fit in that team and play like Thiago did. We get Goretzka plus some cash in return.

What do our resident Bayern fans think? Do you entertain the idea of Pogba playing for Bayern?

saivet

Sell a player for £50m now, otherwise lose him on a free next season? People act like £50m is nothing. The club didn’t even make profits over £50m before COVID. It’s a lot of money for a player who doesn’t want to be here. Best to sell whilst we can get some money so it can be invested on a player who wants to play for United.
£50m is a different story. Let's see how much PSG are willing to pay but I hope the club set a price, whatever that may be, and stick to it.

spiriticon

Given his brand I'd say Riaola is probably pushing for parity with Messi and Ronaldo, despite Pogba not being fit to lace either of their boots he'll of convinced him that's his worth
What's 600k a week for a year? 31 Million?

I'm happy for the club to give him a clause in his contract to boost his salary to 31 million for the year on the proviso that he wins the Ballon D'Or that same year.

No way he should get it just given to him on a platter. He has to work for it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Just think the optics for the club of losing him twice on a free, especially after bringing him back for a club record fee, it's just not going to happen.

I'm certainly not implying no one likes him or he's a toxic personality, but I was implying if he renews and gets more than 350 a week, I don't see how that doesn't cause issues.
Optics is a key word in this disagreement. I think winning more gives the team better optics than avoiding some sort of imagined dishonor from letting him run down his contract like many others have recently.

I‘ll add that I’m not in favor of giving him some crazy salary; that’s always been my position. But letting him leave for free isn’t the catastrophe in this modern age that some are making it out to be.

TsuWave

Given his brand I'd say Riaola is probably pushing for parity with Messi and Ronaldo, despite Pogba not being fit to lace either of their boots he'll of convinced him that's his worth
think we'd be better off refraining from posting baseless incendiary stuff like this to be honest

Infestissumam

Optics is a key word in this disagreement. I think winning more gives the team better optics than avoiding some sort of imagined dishonor from letting him run down his contract like many others have recently.
honest question, what is it people have seen of Pogba in the last 5 years that make them think that keeping him will be such a key factor in winning? I struggle to think of another player where expectations and reality are so far apart. He's never demonstrated that he can consistently be the player for United that people want him so desperately to be. We really wouldn't have this discussion if Pogba was actually as good for United as we all hoped when we signed him in 2016. We've tried to make this work for five years, and it just hasn't worked. It happens.

I'd rather take the ~40m and move on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
think we'd be better off refraining from posting baseless incendiary stuff like this to be honest
Nah I'll post what I want and the mods can deal with it if needed. Don't you worry yourself over it

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
honest question, what is it people have seen of Pogba in the last 5 years that make them think that keeping him will be such a key factor in winning? I struggle to think of another player where expectations and reality are so far apart. He's never demonstrated that he can consistently be the player for United that people want him so desperately to be. We really wouldn't have this discussion if Pogba was actually as good for United as we all hoped when we signed him in 2016. We've tried to make this work for five years, and it just hasn't worked. It happens.

If that £40M or £50M was for sure going to get reinvested immediately in a manner to improve the squad instead of disappearing into the coffers then I’d be on board.

I‘m not saying he’s going to make or break this season for United. I am just wary of the quality of our midfield and the dearth of ideal options to improve it.

saivet

Just because he's not been as good as most of us hoped, it's still difficult to replace someone of his quality. He will no doubt remain an important player for us if he stays for a final year.

MrSingh2002

Is it worth us using outgoing Pogba then in a swap deal for a player we could do with like Casemiro for CDM or Kroos for CM?

I don't really fancy any of the PSG midfielders though. Not even Verrati after McTominay handed his ass to him in the Champs League.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"The reliably informed Canal Supporters report that French international central midfielder Paul Pogba has turned down a contract extension offer from Manchester United, with his existing deal expiring in June".

"A provisional contract agreement is close between Pogba and PSG, who are actively seeking to acquire the player this summer – Pogba’s priority is to join the Ligue 1 club this summer".

peridigm

Ole prefers to play Fred and McTominay in MF. We're in for a DM because Pogba can't play there. Pogba's only position left is LW. Our Front line is already sorted so it would seem Pogba is surplus in that position.
Sell Pogba to PSG, Jesse to West Ham, and buy Rice.

Infestissumam

If that £40M or £50M was for sure going to get reinvested immediately in a manner to improve the squad instead of disappearing into the coffers then I’d be on board.

I‘m not saying he’s going to make or break this season for United. I am just wary of the quality of our midfield and the dearth of ideal options to improve it.
but that's exactly why I want us to sell Pogba. We need to sell in order to sign more players this summer, and selling Pogba (and Lingard etc) will help fund another midfielder. Now maybe that midfielder is not as good individually as Pogba, but might fit us better. We don't play McFred because they are so awesome, but because they are the best options for the double pivot (playing Pogba is simply not working there). So selling Pogba and buying a good DM give us a better balanced squad.

Irwin99

I hope he goes if i'm honest. It's been a tiresome circus for far too long and with so little to show for it (5 years, 2 trophies and 1 very generous PFA team of the year inclusion). He's not been a flop by any means but it's been a big disappointment.

Sylar

I reckon for optics, the club will not want to lose Pogba on a free.... again.
If he has turned down a contract, I can see us cashing in.

Would be weird that he wants to leave at the moment our squad looks almost complete and much better now. If we do sell, hopefully we negotiate a replacement or two, so that once this triggers than those trigger too.

podurban2

I reckon for optics, the club will not want to lose Pogba on a free.... again.
If he has turned down a contract, I can see us cashing in.

Would be weird that he wants to leave at the moment our squad looks almost complete and much better now. If we do sell, hopefully we negotiate a replacement or two, so that once this triggers than those trigger too.
Who knows what’s on Pogba’s mind. Money, Paris, Champions League, Raiola’s pocket? Either way, he clearly rather go to PSG than sign a new contract here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like I've said before it suits everyone if he moves. And it would be the sensible thing to do from both the club and player's perspective. I would wish him the best and hope he does well at PSG. (assuming he does end up there)

From our perspective it would free up a considerable sum in wages and along with a reported incoming transfer fee of €50m, which could potentially be used to sign one or maybe two midfielders.

ghagua

It's just not the money he thinks he deserves (which he has not shown he deserves or will deserve at United), but the fact it opens up the pathway for others at the club to hold the club hostage and ask for the same amount of money and then not match up to that with performances.

It has happened with so many players at the club already. Look at De Gea right now, though at least he deserved a big contract with the way he has performed for the team in the past.

I would like to see him gone from the club for whatever we can get for him, and take his circus with him.

marktan

I can see him doing very very well at PSG. Neymar and Mbappe running on to his through balls will be a field day. Compare it to PSG against City when Neymar was having to drop deep into midfield.

I want the transfer to happen more for his sake than anything because with Verrati and wjnaldum behind him, and Neymar and Mbappe in front, playing in AM role he'll shine.

At United he's had to contend with playing DM and having the likes of Rashford, Lingard and Greenwood be static and fluff chances, yes he's been inconsistent especially with injuries / covid but the way this forum and the opposition treat him as though he's some crap player is ridiculous. He was probably the main reason Ole got the job as United manager permanently in the first place.

Just like with Luke Shaw being written off and wanted to be sold three years ago I can see this forum being left with some serious egg on their face. If Mbappe renews I can see them winning a CL or two with the team they're building.

ghagua

Is it worth us using outgoing Pogba then in a swap deal for a player we could do with like Casemiro for CDM or Kroos for CM?

I don't really fancy any of the PSG midfielders though. Not even Verrati after McTominay handed his ass to him in the Champs League.
Genuine question, what makes you think Real Madrid wants him? They could have asked for him to allow us to get Varane but they did not. PSG would like to sign him and Juventus would like him for free, that's about it.

croadyman

I was going to say could Rice, Pogba & Bruno work next season although without selling a big asset it's hard to see us raising enough to sign Declan of course, then when Paul leaves on a free we get a deal in place for either Camavinga/Goretzka as free agents or bring in either Neves/Saul for around £30-£35m next summer.

ghagua

yea
Just because he's not been as good as most of us hoped, it's still difficult to replace someone of his quality. He will no doubt remain an important player for us if he stays for a final year.
He has not performed consistently during the last 5 years he has been at the club, what makes you think he will be important in his final year at the club while trying to remain injury-free to earn his next big-money move. He will also sign a pre-contract in January. Do you really want him playing for the club then without putting any effort in?

Møllemanden

At United he's had to contend with playing DM and having the likes of Rashford, Lingard and Greenwood be static and fluff chances, yes he's been inconsistent especially with injuries / covid but the way this forum and the opposition treat him as though he's some crap player is ridiculous. He was probably the main reason Ole got the job as United manager permanently in the first place.
This post annoys me. If you're a top player you don't join a club for them to accomodate you. Unless you are Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Ronaldo9, you join to make your teammates better. And he sure as hell hasn't done that. Pogba is a good player, but he'll never be mentioned as one of the best ever.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He has not performed consistently during the last 5 years he has been at the club, what makes you think he will be important in his final year at the club while trying to remain injury-free to earn his next big-money move. He will also sign a pre-contract in January. Do you really want him playing for the club then without putting any effort in?
You act like it’s a given he won’t put any effort in…that is simply not the case.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Let’s not waste our time on Pogba. We need to sell him quick and raise cash for our next signings.

ghagua

You act like it’s a given he won’t put any effort in…that is simply not the case.
What makes you think he will in his last season before his big salary move where he does not want to get injured, and can sign a pre-contract in January?

Juanuzayne

Clip of Pogba on “HouseofHighlights” Instagram page. Sorry I don’t have privileges to post media.

“If you do this next one I’ll make you sign for United..”

There you have it. He’s not going anywhere folks

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
If Pogba & his agent decide that playing out his contract & signing on a free next season is where the big money is I really wouldn't be surprised if that's how it plays out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Clip of Pogba on “HouseofHighlights” Instagram page. Sorry I don’t have privileges to post media.

“If you do this next one I’ll make you sign for United..”

There you have it. He’s not going anywhere folks
Was he referring to who can replace him for United? :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What makes you think he will in his last season before his big salary move where he does not want to get injured, and can sign a pre-contract in January?
I’m just saying it’s not a foregone conclusion that that will happen. If one is a poor character who cannot stand life in Manchester then that is one thing, but to assume he’ll forsake his teammates and mail it in because he’ll soon be moving on to another chapter in his life is a frivolous argument without evidence.

The_Midfielder

I can see him doing very very well at PSG. Neymar and Mbappe running on to his through balls will be a field day. Compare it to PSG against City when Neymar was having to drop deep into midfield.

I want the transfer to happen more for his sake than anything because with Verrati and wjnaldum behind him, and Neymar and Mbappe in front, playing in AM role he'll shine.

Just like with Luke Shaw being written off and wanted to be sold three years ago I can see this forum being left with some serious egg on their face. If Mbappe renews I can see them winning a CL or two with the team they're building.
He is not as good as you make him out to be .. What about defensively? Neymar, Mbappe, Pogba do not defend .. if the other team is strong.. like city, Chelsea they don't stand a chance