Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

laughtersassassin

The story tonight is Utd and Juventus have had meetings over Pogba and Van Der Beek with maybe Rabiot the other way?
Rabiot is fairly shite with a terrible attitude.

If dopes here call Pogba a virus and a problem I'm not sure how they would describe Rabiot

TheRedHearted

If Bruno gets injured what is our midfield? We can't sell Pogba without bringing in a another creative midfielder. Yes we have DVB, but isn't the goal to play two attacking midfielders? We clearly need a massive midfield overhaul and should be selling a couple while bringing in a DM and an attacking creative player. Donny would clearly need to fight for his place with the new attacking midfielder. Question is who?

Posh Red

If Bruno gets injured what is our midfield? We can't sell Pogba without bringing in a another creative midfielder. Yes we have DVB, but isn't the goal to play two attacking midfielders? We clearly need a massive midfield overhaul and should be selling a couple while bringing in a DM and an attacking creative player. Donny would clearly need to fight for his place with the new attacking midfielder. Question is who?
Sancho could be a rotation option there.

laughtersassassin

It's said would be for VB deal

I guess Pogba is a different negotiation.
Wouldn't take him for VDB either.

And I'm someone who doesn't think VDB will have a use here either over his career.

If it was up to me I'd risk keeping Pogba another year and try sell VDB Matic Andreas and Lingard to get a DM.

choccy77

Wouldn't take him for VDB either.

And I'm someone who doesn't think VDB will have a use here either over his career.

If it was up to me I'd risk keeping Pogba another year and try sell VDB Matic Andreas and Lingard to get a DM.
Yeah, i agree

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Would keep VDB rather than swapping him for Rabiot. Don't want family melodrama at United.

bosskeano

We will never get Haaland
Prove it.
I don't think we will get Haaland either to be honest. On top of the buyout, Mino will probably want 35m for his pocket and i'd bet they will demand at least 400k p/w. I just don't see United paying that.

City might pay it and if Real miss out on Mbappe, i think they will figure out a way to come up with that money.

As for pogba....i think he is going to be a domino that when his transfer to PSG happens, you'll see United make two more big signings before the end of the window. This will of course occur after the Varane deal and Sancho deal have been announced.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Where are you getting the data from?
I don't think anyone would argue he had some good seasons, but showing the stats from 3 years ago is not going to convince the unconvinced.
Stats are from whoscored.
I never said we should keep him, nor he is so important to us. Not really. His weakness has always been his inconsistency for us, and took too many risky decision at the back.
But just as matter of factly he is also the most well rounded midfielder around, when he is on form. This is something we can't replace with another midfielder, but we could still find replacement with Sancho filling creativity hole together with a new DM to share his role.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

The penny will drop with many when he’s gone unfortunately.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Stats are from whoscored.
I never said we should keep him, or he is so important to us. Not really. His weakness has always been his inconsistency for us, and took too many risky decision at the back.
But just as matter of factly he is also the most well rounded midfielder around, when he is on form. This is something we can't replace with, but we could still find replacement with Sancho creativity and a new DM to share his role.
Yeah I agree on that, splitting Pogba (midfielder-winger hybrid) into two players is a very good move which I hope we complete this summer.

I don't think he's well rounded, more like he can do everything when on form but it's a moot point as it doesn't happen very often.

theklr

so DVB--Sancho
Mctominay

then who plays rw for us?
You guys can't be serious. The bottom line is we need to sign two starting midfielders (since we already needed a DM) before we can think about selling Pogba.
What ?

It would McFred with Sancho as 10 and Greenwood at RW

Borys

Statistics Wizard
But we already have Sancho, who will replace Pogba-the-winger (notice Pogba almost never plays in AM role for us).
Pogba-the-midfielder is average player who doesn't need to be replaced because firstly we need a DM (as you mentioned). It would be great to upgrade on Fred as well but surely all of that is not happening in one summer.

marktan

But we already have Sancho, who will replace Pogba-the-winger (notice Pogba almost never plays in AM role for us).
Pogba-the-midfielder is average player who doesn't need to be replaced because firstly we need a DM (as you mentioned). It would be great to upgrade on Fred as well but surely all of that is not happening in one summer.
He hasn't played there since Bruno came but he did play there before that and was very good, e.g. in Oles first months.

He is inconsistent but he has been one of our better attackers over the last few years, without him it does pose the question regarding our attack. If Sancho doesn't bed in right away or say Bruno goes out of from again we don't really have to much in the way of options.

For me Buendia for £35m would've been a great option as he's super talented.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He hasn't played there since Bruno came but he did play there before that and was very good, e.g. in Oles first months.

He is inconsistent but he has been one of our better attackers over the last few years, without him it does pose the question regarding our attack. If Sancho doesn't bed in right away or say Bruno goes out of from again we don't really have to much in the way of options.

For me Buendia for £35m would've been a great option as he's super talented.
I'm all for signing new attackers, but IMO this shouldn't be our priority right now. With Bruno, Sancho, van de Beek, Lingard and Mata (obvious question marks over the last 3) I think we're pretty covered. Like I said before, we have far bigger issues in midfield and defence than in AM position.

DickDastardly

Could somebody count the times we had the "Pogba out" stories since he came back to United?

Cometh the hour cometh the stories.

It's like fecking groundhog day.

Every fecking transfer window.

I know it's mostly bullshit clickbait but still, can't remember we ever had a player linked with going out of the club on so many occasions.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could somebody count the times we had the "Pogba out" stories since he came back to United?

Cometh the hour cometh the stories.

It's like fecking groundhog day.

Every fecking transfer window.

I know it's mostly bullshit clickbait but still, can't remember we ever had a player linked with going out of the club on so many occasions.
Ronaldo.

KennyBurner

I will never forget Pogba just staring. De gea should also follow him. You cant trust him to defend a full 90. Its best we just move on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I will never forget Pogba just staring. De gea should also follow him. You cant trust him to defend a full 90. Its best we just move on.
that Sheffield United goal was the most shambolic goal I've ever seen us concede

KennyBurner

that Sheffield United goal was the most shambolic goal I've ever seen us concede
I was actually laughing because of De gea then seeing Pogba just staring and hoping it doesnt end up a goal made me sad. He just cant be trusted over the season. Im not mad if he stays because we need the creativity but if he can leave for a good amount then Im all for it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Journalists always like to embellish these stories and make it seem like some romantic spy thriller, when in reality it was probably Paul just randomly asking Mino if he can get a move to Madrid and Mino sort of nodding slightly because his mouth was filled with chips.

Lee565

He will have to go down as one of the most despised players in our history, twice he and his agent has screwed the club over and shown no respect towards us, he's worse than Tevez.

hobbers

£45m for him now, snap their hand off. Reinvest it into the deals for Varane, Trippier and a midfield signing or two.

RedStarUnited

I hope he stays. We are better with him than without.

Im tired of this constant team rebuilding.Lets just add to the team and give it a go for the season.

hobbers

I hope he stays. We are better with him than without.

Im tired of this constant team rebuilding.Lets just add to the team and give it a go for the season.
What's the point of developing a team over the next season if a major cog like Pogba is planning to leave at the end of it?

RedStarUnited

What's the point of developing a team over the next season if a major cog like Pogba is planning to leave at the end of it?
Because the flip side is having to make that change this season when we are already looking to bed in 2 players (hopefully)

bosskeano

Because the flip side is having to make that change this season when we are already looking to bed in 2 players (hopefully)
but you'd have to do the same thing next season when pogba leaves on a free so let him go now and bring in guys instead of waiting a year to bed them into the club

we need to down a marker this season especially with Liverpool ageing up top, spudz wiht a new manager and arsenal a joke.

City, Chelsea and Leicester are investing wisely and heavily so we can't just sit around and wait until 2022 to make moves.