Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Can7onA

I for one won't miss him arseing about and losing the ball 10 yards in front of our box.

sp_107

Last year our win % and Goals scored were higher with out pogba (we played 30 with out him and 29 with him)

If he goes we can get more balanced squad by signing one of Saul / Aouar / Goretzka / Zeilinski / Carmavinga / Bissouma / Touchameni

Scholsey2004

You think he's sold to PSG? Saw that SKY are reporting they are after him.
Not yet but the Sancho announcement is a really big PR ace up the sleeve that theyve obviously decided to hold on to for some reason. It would make sense if theyre holding onto it so they can use it at the same time as they are dropping bad news. Its really strange that Sancho isnt announced when we all know the deal is already agreed.

Steve 007

There is a good feeling about the club at the moment. If Pogba goes then we’ll need a replacement but no one can say that he was a legend or even a big success in a Man Utd shirt. You can keep blaming the other players or the managers but he’s played under quite a few for us and done very little. If we can get a decent fee he has to go, I’m worried about who replaces him but I won’t be sad.
He’s proved in the past how toxic he is.

crossy1686

career ending
There is a good feeling about the club at the moment. If Pogba goes then we’ll need a replacement but no one can say that he was a legend or even a big success in a Man Utd shirt. You can keep blaming the other players or the managers but he’s played under quite a few for us and done very little. If we can get a decent fee he has to go, I’m worried about who replaces him but I won’t be sad.
He’s proved in the past how toxic he is.
I don’t think there’s any proof he’s been toxic, managers have said the opposite actually, but I think the Mourinho situation was toxic but that probably had more to do with Mourinho than anything else.

I think you can argue Pogba has been a good player for United in the first few seasons he’s been here but since Solskjaer came in he’s been largely hit and miss, and injured. But all that has coincided with him and his dick head agent talking about leaving every 6 months.

RedDevilzFox

I don’t think there’s any proof he’s been toxic, managers have said the opposite actually, but I think the Mourinho situation was toxic but that probably had more to do with Mourinho than anything else.

I think you can argue Pogba has been a good player for United in the first few seasons he’s been here but since Solskjaer came in he’s been largely hit and miss, and injured. But all that has coincided with him and his dick head agent talking about leaving every 6 months.
He may not be toxic himself but there is always toxicity around him. You put up with it if its worth it, in this case, it's never been.

Walters_19_MuFc

Guess it was always going to happen. Bit surprising that he's decided to leave now (if rumours are correct) especially given the team that Ole is building. On paper, I'd say we're on par with PSG. To add to that, we're in much more of an attractive league.

It could be one of those Coutinho situations, in that some of us don't want him to leave but him leaving may allow Ole and the staff to build a more solid base and not have to worry about where to play him.

That being said, the players we're being linked with to replace him doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Goretzka and Saul are both box to box players. We have that in Fred and McTominay. What we now need is someone who has the passing range of Pogba but the defensive nous also.

Not a massive fan, but Neves has been linked with us. On paper, he's the type of player we should be targetting.

Maybe a cheeky swap deal for Verratti? :p

frostbite

If you are a kid and an experienced manager like SAF tells you "have patience", the wise thing to do is to listen to him. If you don't listen to him and you go away, this is a clear indication of future problems. This was such a huge red flag, I still cannot understand why the club paid so much to bring him back. Blunder number one.

If you own an expensive player, you simply don't let him run into his last year of contract. You either sell him or extend long before that. Blunder number two.

Now we got ourselves in such a situation where the player holds all the cards. We can't blame him, it is gross mismanagement on our part. But it is certainly not a surprise that we constantly run into problems with this player, it was evident long time ago.

Reactions: Niall

Flying high

I for one won't miss him arseing about and losing the ball 10 yards in front of our box.
Neither will I.

Unfortunately whoever replaces him will probably do it a few times a year as well. And is likely to have half of the actual ability of Pogba.

Losing one of our best players might turn out well in the end, but the chances are we will be weaker without him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Last year our win % and Goals scored were higher with out pogba (we played 30 with out him and 29 with him)

If he goes we can get more balanced squad by signing one of Saul / Aouar / Goretzka / Zeilinski / Carmavinga / Bissouma / Touchameni
Always a terrible stat.

Coops73

Always a terrible stat.
Personally I couldn’t give a feck about the fellas stats, get him gone and get someone in who wants to be at the club, not someone who likes his agent to bum the club whenever possible.

Shimo

He may not be toxic himself but there is always toxicity around him. You put up with it if its worth it, in this case, it's never been.
The toxicity around him is is only an issue for a portion of supporters.

You look at everything that comes out of players and managers around him and he is an absolute professional who they love having around and playing with and they don't pay much heed to the ramblings of Raiola, his brothers or whatever the latest gossip column has to say. To them it seems like he is absolutely worth it as a player and person.

Most recently Amad talked how much support Pogba has given him since his arrival and there are other youth players that have said the same since he has been back at the club. That absolutely is worth it when you talk about the history of this club and how the established players support the academy players and incoming young players.

Drifter

American
Won't mourn if he moves, Good player with flashes of the world-class player we are told he is, will a move to PSG bring out the best in him? Who knows, depends on Pogba and whether he can arsed.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Personally I couldn’t give a feck about the fellas stats, get him gone and get someone in who wants to be at the club, not someone who likes his agent to bum the club whenever possible.
Oh yeah. How many contracts have they bummed out of us now? Must be 7 or 8 at least.

Steve 007

No matter what anyone says His agent wouldn’t come out and make comments without his say so. The timing was always terrible too like before a make or break champions league tie or before the City game. I cannot think of any player in our history who let his agent talk so much. As for ability, he’s got it but he’ll never be a legend at Utd or PSG or Madrid or elsewhere because he’s not consistent enough.

hobbers

It we swapped Pogba for Rice, are we a better team??

I think we are.
No. But we'd be a far better team if we swapped him for Bissouma and i.e. Goretzka, or any of the other midfielders we've been linked with.

Born2Lose

It we swapped Pogba for Rice, are we a better team??

I think we are.
The simplistic answer is no, but the problem is Pogba has started 34 PL games in 2 seasons whereas Rice has started 70 out of a possible 76 games.

"World class" players who start half the games in a season aren't conducive to winning a league in my view.

Look at the season that Liverpool won the league, I remember very few injuries to their key players.

jesperjaap

No matter what anyone says His agent wouldn’t come out and make comments without his say so. The timing was always terrible too like before a make or break champions league tie or before the City game. I cannot think of any player in our history who let his agent talk so much. As for ability, he’s got it but he’ll never be a legend at Utd or PSG or Madrid or elsewhere because he’s not consistent enough.
Agree with every word

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Preach my friend, preach. Totally agree.

Love the legend part the most. The only thing he may become a legend for is his dancing being the most comical. I can’t wait to let him and his agent go be someone else’s headache.

I’d rather deal with his agent for players like Haaland who at least seem like they will be more reliable and consistent in their performances.

el3mel

This seems to be gathering pace.

Get rid and use the money to buy a new CM.

hobbers

SO basically, yes, but you dont like RIce ;)
No and especially not if he was the only midfielder we brought in to replace Pogba.

It really irks me that there are people who would even contemplate the idea of spending £80m+ on Rice when there are so many technically superior midfielders theoretically available for half that fee or even less.

RedDevilzFox

The toxicity around him is is only an issue for a portion of supporters.

You look at everything that comes out of players and managers around him and he is an absolute professional who they love having around and playing with and they don't pay much heed to the ramblings of Raiola, his brothers or whatever the latest gossip column has to say. To them it seems like he is absolutely worth it as a player and person.

Most recently Amad talked how much support Pogba has given him since his arrival and there are other youth players that have said the same since he has been back at the club. That absolutely is worth it when you talk about the history of this club and how the established players support the academy players and incoming young players.
Agreed - I am just saying there is always drama around him (Raiola, his brother or mother or whatever) and he hasn't done much to put a stop to it. You accept it if he was prime Xavi but he is more like Riquelme. Talented but inconsistent with mood swings. Compare that to KDB and can't help but feel jelly of city's luck.

hobbers

Cracking, let's get on with it and close the Raiola circus down once and for all.

hobbers

If the Mirror are to be believed we offered him a 3 year extension at £350k/week.

That's still more than he's worth. Good riddance.

madzo2007

Sky saying we're still in discussions, 15 minutes later the Mirror say he's rejected.

If he wants to go then let him go for the best money we can get, but until theres multiple sources saying the same thing I'm inclined to believe nothing has happened......yet

laughtersassassin

Disco Mirror is hit or miss so who knows if this is true

Anyway we need a World Class replacement or our midfield will be pathetic.

No if or buts.

By right we need a DM and CM now.

laughtersassassin

Before everyone's jumping on this and tells Pogba to feck off like they love to do remember this "jounro" is the guy who made up a rumour that Pogba and Bruno injured eachother in training before a big game.

He is likely hedging his bets to try look good