Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Idxomer

Spurs demolished us as we had no pre-season and the entire team collapsed, not Pogba alone. But put Pogba's name as the one to blame, I'm sure he's to blame when the club canteen runs out of milk as well.
It was Pogba who was tackling his own teammate inside the penalty area, he was also the one who made Taylor show the red to Martial but not Lamela. He probably caught covid on purpose too.

Kag

Frustrating that he clearly wants to leave just as we start to put together some sort of decent side.

If he doesn’t want to be here then we should sell him and reinvest the fee back into midfield.

Judas

Open to offers
Frustrating that he clearly wants to leave just as we start to put together some sort of decent side.
It is. Especially when a lot of the noise at one point suggested he wanted to be assured we were going in the right direction and making good signing.

I do think he'd probably stay if we stuck enough money in front of him, but I don't want us to do that at this point and rightfully I don't think the club will.

Shitty situation and ultimately a disappointing one.

The Urban Goose

Interesting that we're buying a player from Madrid and there's been no suggestion of Pogba going the other way. Think he should give up on his dream move to Madrid, doesn't appear that they want him.

tenpoless

If he ends up staying or extending his contract because we now have better players and (hopefully win a few trophies along the way) then his name really fits him, Paul Labile Pogba.

Eddy_JukeZ

I do find it surprising he'd want to leave now considering the team we currently have.

I'm fairly indifferent as to what happens. I just hope that if we end up selling him, we bring in a midfielder this window if possible.

Pronewbie

Peep
Don’t mind him leaving to be honest. We’d be better off reinvesting that money into a proper CM/DM. A fit Rashford is better than him on the left, while I’d take Bruno’s reliability in the attacking mid role.

That said, he will be crucial for us at the start of this season if Rashford’s going for his surgery.

Passitlikescholes

Is Hannibal good enough to replace Pogba?
From what I've seen I think Hannibal definitely has the potential to be world class but I would think he's at least 2 seasons away from being a regular contributor to a title challenging team.

Loon

:lol:
If he's cocking about and doesn't want a contract, I hope we can get him out the door as soon as. Feel a Pogba circus is the last thing we need this season.

Gasolin

If the presence of one defender means we have to switch our whole formation, that's alarming tbh. And very unstable.
Alarming? No, why? We didn't trust our backline and tried to offset that in the midfield line. If we trust them more, I don't see why it would be a big deal to take a bit more risk.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is Hannibal good enough to replace Pogba?
Long term, I have no doubt. I also think he is one of these young players that can quickly adjust to any level they are put in. It wasn't that long ago he started playing U23 football. I don't think he'll be given the chance though.

gorky_utd

Sell him and get Rice. We will have a solid dm with one of fred or vdb playing in the other midfield position.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Interesting that we're buying a player from Madrid and there's been no suggestion of Pogba going the other way. Think he should give up on his dream move to Madrid, doesn't appear that they want him.
Yep, Real need to free up their wage bill for Mbappe, and brining a high earner in for Varane defeats that purpose.

DickDastardly

What he needs is a good head wobbling.

I only hope Ole is strict about it.
He's been with SAF for a long time, he should have the basics by now.

Call him to his office and set shit straight.
Do you want in or out - simple as that.

I refuse to believe it's about money. They're professional footballers with a shitload of money, how much more could he want?

He either wants to play for us or he doesn't.
If he wants a new challenge, fine.
If he's not happy here, fine.
Even if he wants more money elsewhere, fine.

Just set it straight and stop fecking about.
Take it or leave it.

And tell your agent to shut it.

GBBQ

He either wants to play for us or he doesn't.
The thing is the club look to be in a transformative moment, similar to the season we brought in Anderson, Nani, Tevez and Hargreaves. United already looks a much more compelling outfit than it did on the 26th of May. He might well wait until January and weigh up his options of who tries to sign him on a pre-contract versus how United are doing in the league and CL.

It'll be his last big contract and with the unexpected mess that Madrid and Barcelona find themselves in its impossible to know who his suitors will be even with no transfer fee involved so i find it hard to believe he's completely closed the door on United unless he has PSG lined up for this summer.

He’s played in a pretty shitty United side in fairness to him, it certainly hasn’t been what he signed up to.
Maybe this window will be the thing to convince him that he’ll finally be in a top United side that can challenge for the biggest honours.

Red Daz

It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that he intends to see out his contract, we end up having a good/great season and he signs a new contract during the season at some point , although I won’t be putting money on it

MDFC Manager

It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that he intends to see out his contract, we end up having a good/great season and he signs a new contract during the season at some point , although I won’t be putting money on it
I'd be happy to take that chance, simply because I don't see us replacing him adequately this season.

I‘ve thought that myself but it’s just the money, a team getting Pogba on a free can pay him an incredible wage that we simply will not be able to match.
Whatever he does from here, if he stays and performs in side doing well, he’ll get a better offer from United in just a few months time.

DickDastardly

The thing is the club look to be in a transformative moment, similar to the season we brought in Anderson, Nani, Tevez and Hargreaves. United already looks a much more compelling outfit than it did on the 26th of May. He might well wait until January and weigh up his options of who tries to sign him on a pre-contract versus how United are doing in the league and CL.

It'll be his last big contract and with the unexpected mess that Madrid and Barcelona find themselves in its impossible to know who his suitors will be even with no transfer fee involved so i find it hard to believe he's completely closed the door on United unless he has PSG lined up for this summer.
The thing is - we shouldn't fecking let him wait until January.

Or run down his contract.

Sign a new one, or sell.

A player running down his contract isn't a player i'd like to have in the team.
We're talking about commitment and team spirit here.

The thing is - we shouldn't fecking let him wait until January.

Or run down his contract.

Sign a new one, or sell.

A player running down his contract isn't a player i'd like to have in the team.
We're talking about commitment and team spirit here.
I agree but if PSG for example, or Juve are happy to wait rather than forking out a fee, what can you really do?
It’s a shitty situation for a club, the player is in a significant position of strength.

Widow

I agree but if PSG for example, or Juve are happy to wait rather than forking out a fee, what can you really do?
It’s a shitty situation for a club, the player is in a significant position of strength.
Then he can play in the u23 squad as a lack of commitment isn't what we need.

Personally, I think it's time he moved on. He seems a great lad and I have no ill feelings towards him but he just doesn't fit in our team.

Speako

Paul Pogba has played 206 times for Manchester United. Eric Cantona played 143 times. What exactly has Pogba done in that time that will be remembered and revered? What legacy is he leaving? Why on earth should be become one of our highest ever paid players? Talented, yes. But enough is enough.

Charles Ufarley

Paul Pogba has played 206 times for Manchester United. Eric Cantona played 143 times. What exactly has Pogba done in that time that will be remembered and revered? What legacy is he leaving?
He'll be remembered as an absolute tw@t, arrogant, narcissistic and overrated. We need to get rid of ASAP - I think we already have a ready made replacement in Donny van de Beek - and get what we can for him.

DickDastardly

Nothing actually. We're powerless.

Not a good position to be in.

We either play him because it suits us.
Or we stick him in reserves to make a point.

Either one is fine by me, its on the manager.
I know what would Mourinho or SAF do, i honestly have no idea what Ole is about to do.

Personally, I think it's time he moved on. He seems a great lad and I have no ill feelings towards him but he just doesn't fit in our team.
I think he’s not been a brilliant fit for English football in general, Italy suited him down to the ground.
He could look very good in this team though so it’d be a shame.
Sticking him in the u23 could feel a little too much like cutting off your nose to spite your face, I’d certainly be threatening it as one of 3 options (renew | find a new club) though if I was the club.

Either one is fine by me, its on the manager.
I know what would Mourinho or SAF do, i honestly have no idea what Ole is about to do.
I’d get Varane over the line, then the next target and then go back to Pogba with an only slightly improved offer.
I’ll tell him he signs it, gets his agent to find a buyer for 50-60m euros else plays in the reserves for the season in a WC year.

The threat would be pretty idle, but it’d be there.

DickDastardly

I’d get Varane over the line, then the next target and then go back to Pogba with an only slightly improved offer.
I’ll tell him he signs it, gets his agent to find a buyer for 50-60m euros else plays in the reserves for the season in a WC year.

The threat would be pretty idle, but it’d be there.
I'd like to think i would do the same.

But in order for that to work - we need a flying start to the season without Paul in the team for that threat to have a point.

If we fail to perform, or draw with a borefest two games in a row, the media will rip Ole apart with the whole "that's what you get when you drop Pogba."

Its a slippery slope, in retrospective, his whole United career has been one huge slippery mess that keeps going on.

I kinda think he's our Coutinho, i truly believe we will become a much better team without him.

Bestietom

From what I've seen I think Hannibal definitely has the potential to be world class but I would think he's at least 2 seasons away from being a regular contributor to a title challenging team.
I think we should give Hannibal game time this season. I feel he will be a fantastic player in a few years time.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Pogba can go.

But if we or any other club are sending a player like Pogba to the reserve team then other players + especially agents will remember this move.

Strelok

If he doesn’t want to be here then we should sell him and reinvest the fee back into midfield.
Imo it's not that hard to understand why.

1. He's a WC winner, one of the biggest stars in that squad. Regarding that imo even him couldn't be happy with his performances here. Even us, the ordinary folks would know that he's not suited for the PL of course he'd know that very well imo. He'd need an easier stage, where he would do his tricks, play as he wants, do not care about defensive duties and still shine and be productive. In short, he'd need to play for a strong team in an easier, less physically demanding league, where whenever he falls the ref would blast his whistle. PSG, Madrid, Juve qualify for such.

2. Money: of course he and the fat fecker would receive more money if he signs for PSG or Madrid than renewing with us.

3. The fans: clearly most of our fanbase dislike him and he know that. I still remember at the end of the last match in Ole's first season here he went to say hi to the fan smiling expecting he'd be welcomed and cheered up by the fans. Unfortunately he was playing pretty bad back then and we lost many matches, our football sucked big time so the fans booed him, some even insulted and cursed at him. I still remember how shocked and distressed he looked back then. I don't say the the fans were at fault but it's really uneasy and of course he couldn't be happy with that.

4. Let's be honest PSG have quite a bigger chance to win the CL than us. They regularly made it quite far in the CL recently, us couldn't get through the groups stage. Also better squad, easier domestic league. Even if they couldn't win the CL then he'd still get the L1 title by default. While us winning the PL seems still pretty far away.

5. He's become a surplus here. He can't defend well enough to play as a DM/CM. He can't be effective as Bruno as a CAM. He's not fast enough to dislodge Rashford or Sancho on the wings. While PSG is clearly lacking some creativity in the midfield.

It's simply the best for both us and him to depart.

Last edited: