Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I honestly don't give a feck if he stays or goes. Most talented player in our squad? Yes. But most effective? Not even close. Bruno has nowhere near the natural talent Pogba has but you can see the elite mentality and the difference it makes on the pitch.

Paul's been here 5 years and we're still arguing about his best position and trying to work around his limitations.

UnitedFan93

I honestly don't give a feck if he stays or goes. Most talented player in our squad? Yes. But most effective? Not even close. Bruno has nowhere near the natural talent Pogba has but you can see the elite mentality and the difference it makes on the pitch.

Paul's been here 5 years and we're still arguing about his best position and trying to work around his limitations.
Agree, we should sell him this summer.

He'll be a massive distraction next year especially if he signs a pre contract with PSG in January.

Can7onA

Yep bored now.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Wouldn't trust the news coming out of France. They've blown their budget already.

ghagua

I have the same thoughts, but his attitude does make a difference. A player like him can affect the entire squad. I want him gone for whatever we can get for him this summer. He will walk away free next summer, or even worse, sign a contract with a higher wage.

I mentioned last summer he might not be as good as he thinks he is and got slammed on here, but looks like the same posters have changed their minds...Lol

Also, he can take Martial with him as well while he is at it. I can stand a less skilled player putting in everything for the team, but tear my hair out watching someone skilled not putting in a shift.

Let's clear out all the deadwood as well and give a few more youngsters the chance if we don't have the money to replace them.

Red_toad

Wouldn't trust the news coming out of France. They've blown their budget already.
Their budget is unlimited. Spending 71 million euros wont be their entire budget. They need a big name to replace Mbappe, Pogba is a worthy replacement In marketing terms.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Their budget is unlimited. Spending 71 million euros wont be their entire budget. They need a big name to replace Mbappe, Pogba is a worthy replacement In marketing terms.
Not really. They still need to balance the books.

Silas

I don't think we'll sign like for like. We'll probably go for someone who's a bit more disciplined and give Pogbas creative role to De Beek. We'll go for a proper DM instead and attempt to replace Fred/Scott.
That won't go well.

Giggsy13

Spot on. He was given a more advanced role last season and looked good for about a month before disappearing again. He’ll never learn and will always have an air of immaturity about him.

Wilt

We need to face it ….he’ll leave on a free.

So best make the most of him while he’s here and try to win something.

Lelouch geass

When we will be in a day before crucial football match his agent will talk crap again affecting team morale. Just like last season. I wonder that PSG has paid his agent unsettling Pogba before the United's UCL match. What a greedy camp that is. Boot him out. Sell him to PSG, sign another good cm whoever that is and stop doing business with that club at all.

slyadams

Hopefully spend the money on a DM and we have a good balanced 3. Hopefully Donny can step it up a bit this season and mitigate the loss.

dinostar77

Getting some money for Pogba this summer would be good. Him going to PSG rather than Real Madrid is even better.

Surely PSG will have to be favourites for the CL, mental amount of talent in that squad if they add Pogba and Mbappe is forced to stay for another season.

AshRK

On one hand I don't want him to be sold but then maybe giving him a new contract could turn out to be another De gea or Ozil situation.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Right? With a player like De Jong, we could stop shitting our collective pants when we have possession in our own half.
I’m assuming barca wouldn’t sell for anything except for Pogba type money. If he only has an ok season this year and their finances don’t pick up then I could see him going next summer but probably not this year. The fan backlash would be too much if they sell

I have the same thoughts, but his attitude does make a difference. A player like him can affect the entire squad. I want him gone for whatever we can get for him this summer. He will walk away free next summer, or even worse, sign a contract with a higher wage.

I mentioned last summer he might not be as good as he thinks he is and got slammed on here, but looks like the same posters have changed their minds...Lol

Also, he can take Martial with him as well while he is at it. I can stand a less skilled player putting in everything for the team, but tear my hair out watching someone skilled not putting in a shift.

Let's clear out all the deadwood as well and give a few more youngsters the chance if we don't have the money to replace them.
I agree. Aggression is criminally underrated on here. You can walk around if you’re on enough money and have plenty of fans, people will make endless excuses and scenarios as to why the player isn’t firing while the lads who try supposedly just aren’t good enough. It’s backwards.

Work / aggression / spirit as a given earn you the right to showcase your skills and dismantle teams. You should really only have 1 attacking passenger in a serious team. Recently we’ve had Pogba Martial Rashford and Greenwood. Bruno to an extent but he tries to get it back. Loads more have been shipped out. Berbatov was a lot better than any of our forwards post Fergie and they make him look high energy half the time.

Gurtej

Just go... 70-80m will do...... add another 20-30 and get a Grelish

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’d rather leave him go for free next year. We need him this season and gives us a whole year to get a plan together for next summer.

dinostar77

I’d rather leave him go for free next year. We need him this season and gives us a whole year to get a plan together for next summer.
Too embarrassing for the club lose the same player twice on a free. Club record signing as well.

zenith

If we are plastering an unrealistic price tag on pogba then that indicates that we are not interested in selling him and would want him in the team to make a concerted push for the PL and CL title.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Too embarrassing for the club lose the same player twice on a free. Club record signing as well.
It would completely ruin our season coming up. I don’t see us selling him.

Oldyella

If he isn't committed, he should not play. Best thing would be to get him out and recoup some of the money spent on him.
100%

I'm fine with him staying or going now, butnif the season starts and there's been no progress on his contract, he shouldn't be playing till there is.

sp_107

Well Said, Reached the point where i dont bother anymore, Hope he and his agent wont be a distraction next year and f3ck up our season

The Purley King

PSG is the only club who could afford him this summer. Hope this can be materialised.
€50m to PSG would be a dream scenario. Would basically pay for Varane.
In terms of replacements I have very little hope VDB will ever have the courage to play for us, but Saul might be a decent option in there which would give us a more balanced midfield (assuming he starts playing like he did a few years ago).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Bruno has made things very different. If we didnt have Bruno the club would be bending over and do whatever it takes to keep Pogba. But now.... its like you want to stay? ok. You want to go? ok.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
€50m to PSG would be a dream scenario. Would basically pay for Varane.
In terms of replacements I have very little hope VDB will ever have the courage to play for us, but Saul might be a decent option in there which would give us a more balanced midfield (assuming he starts playing like he did a few years ago).
We definitely need a replacement, but we don't have to find another midfielder as good and all rounded as Pogba, because there's just isn't. But Sancho could replace Pogba in terms of his playmaking role, whereas the new DM would be an upgrade in defensive role.

Canagel

That's clear, we can't force him out but at the same time we can make him understand he will NOT be a key element of the team we're building (if he wants to leave next season that is). That will limit his game time and will impact how "hot" he is next summer. That's risky strategy from him.

I have no attachment to Pogba, if he's putting pressure on us I hope we put the pressure on him.
It's Paul Pogba. He could not play any football for a year and still go to any club he wants .infact he can sit tight and agree a pre contract with any European club in 6 months. There is no pressure we can put on him because he holds all the cards, the pressure is on us. And I don't think we want he embrassment of allowing a player of his calibre to leave on a free so it makes me feel like we will sell him this summer

dinostar77

Could be a win win for both clubs. PSG get a french player who Mbappe gets on very well with and the fans will be happy with.

Pogba gets to play in a league where he can strut his stuff without worrying about the aspects of the game hes weak at. Gets the salary increase he wants.

He also gets yearly CL football and gets to play in a team with Neymar,Mbappe, Ramos, Donnarumma etc.

We get £50-£60mil and hopefully reinvest it on a new midfielder or two.

Result.

McSauce FC

"I'm sure that I wouldn't play club football at the Parc des Princes," he told Canal+.

"I'm not attracted to that because my father and mother were fans of Marseille so Paris doesn't really fit into my plans."
:angel: (interview from 2018)

RUCK4444

Bruno has made things very different. If we didnt have Bruno the club would be bending over and do whatever it takes to keep Pogba. But now.... its like you want to stay? ok. You want to go? ok.
I don't agree with this way of thinking.

Do you think that's how top clubs are built? If so every team would have one world class player surrounded by dross.