Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

zenith

I think by the end of the transfer window, it will be us who will be pushing pogba out of the door while he might be angling to stay.

No club will pay in excess of 350k in wages (bar PSG) and he'll frankly have nowhere to go

Shimo

I am not really surprised about this, what his agent says is completely different to how Paul actually is.

Lets not forget that Paul is actually mates with some of the players like Lingard, Rashford etc.. so he isn't going to be a bad influence.
Not only that but, also an influence on the academy players and Amad has spoken about how Pogba has helped him along since he has come over.

I get the other side is that because he apparently doesn't put a muzzle on his agent or his brothers, that makes him out to be this virus of a human and a stain on the club but, to me the proof is in the pudding of the teammates and coaches of the type of person / player he is, not what some newspaper rag or pundit just looking to make a story.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think by the end of the transfer window, it will be us who will be pushing pogba out of the door while he might be angling to stay.

No club will pay in excess of 350k in wages (bar PSG) and he'll frankly have nowhere to go
We're already at this stage. Champions League final against Bayern, would you start him in midfield? Not a chance. Rashford, Bruno, Sancho behind a striker and then get midfield balance behind them.

sp_107

Not sure if we have right structure at club (John&Fletcher) making calls or we are just exploiting the Covid/ Players contract situation at other clubs but I have a good vibe that we are finally going in right direction.

We are not afraid to lose Pogba and linked with good players like Goretzka / Saul / Neves / Carmavinga (these players not only good but attainable too, atleast one of them)

It appears like we have a proper backup plans like tracking Konde / Romero in the backend in case Varane deal fails so we have learned from our mistakes

We are after right targets like Varane (just 1 year left) / Saul (likes to leave)where the opposite Club are not in strong seat at negotiation table.

In the backend we are also working on block bluster targets like Haaland by trying to offload inconsistent players like Martial in swap deals.

Finally good times around ?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Getting him out the door would solve so many issues with the squad balance. No more playing Rashford out of position to accomodate this show pony or play 1 vs 3 in midfield because he either doesn't bother tracking back or else commits some dumb foul to concede penalties in tight games. Selling him for anything considerable would be as good as getting Sancho or Varane.

Matriac

We're already at this stage. Champions League final against Bayern, would you start him in midfield? Not a chance. Rashford, Bruno, Sancho behind a striker and then get midfield balance behind them.
I would start him in 75% of the games through a season. (15-20% rested and the remaining to be brought on as a sub.)

In a one-off match, a final, it would depend on the form of others at the time. But likely start with a more defensive minded lineup, so Paul oj the bench, with thoughts to bring him on in the 2nd half when we need someone that can create some moments of magic.

We need great players that can play in games that are not finals.

sp_107

What about Saul(45)and Neves(35), Not too expensive as we can use 45M from Pogba sale to buy Saul and then just 35M to get neves.

---------Rashford ------------Cavani --------------Sancho

-----------------------------Bruno--------------------------------------

--------------Saul -------------------------Neves--------------------

--Shaw---------Maguire-------Varane--------------AWB-----------

bosnian_red

What about Saul(45)and Neves(35), Not too expensive as we can use 45M from Pogba sale to buy Saul and then just 35M to get neves.

---------Rashford ------------Cavani --------------Sancho

-----------------------------Bruno--------------------------------------

--------------Saul -------------------------Neves--------------------

--Shaw---------Maguire-------Varane--------------AWB-----------
Tbh both of them are very average and I don't think either are upgrades on Fred. Neves at least has a good passing range on him and maybe it's the team holding him back from making a step up, but I'm not too big on Saul. He doesn't do much passing and while he does get stuck in, isn't a holding midfielder who can keep things organized.

bosnian_red

I would start him in 75% of the games through a season. (15-20% rested and the remaining to be brought on as a sub.)

In a one-off match, a final, it would depend on the form of others at the time. But likely start with a more defensive minded lineup, so Paul oj the bench, with thoughts to bring him on in the 2nd half when we need someone that can create some moments of magic.

We need great players that can play in games that are not finals.
For sure, but all things considered if you have a world class player with his wage and reputation, you want him to actually fit into your best 11 with the others, not leaving you exposed if you use them. For me, signing Bruno and Sancho essentially made Pogba not very relevant from a clear starting 11 spot perspective.

AneRu

Tbh both of them are very average and I don't think either are upgrades on Fred. Neves at least has a good passing range on him and maybe it's the team holding him back from making a step up, but I'm not too big on Saul. He doesn't do much passing and while he does get stuck in, isn't a holding midfielder who can keep things organized.
I think we will go for Neves the moment we get a result on Camavinga and I think he'd solve some of our issues to do with creativity from deep and be more helpful off the ball.

On Pogba, I still think he will stay this summer and sign a new deal during the season especially if the team improves and is in the mix for the title. I just don't see many clubs around that want him enough to pay what we are offering and then pay Mino his cut too.

SeanyC

Would anyone agree to take Herrera back? Was always solid for us, use as a swap + money for Pogba?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So daft to want to leave when it's clear we are in the best position in years to push on and signing his international teammate. Can't he see that? Surely he could sign a new deal with a decent buyout incase he still wants to leave in a year or two? Just seems horrible timing on his part really.

Godfather

I mean if a squad like ours (with the additions of Sancho and highly likely Varane) can't motivate him to stay he can fecking do one.

Godfather

So daft to want to leave when it's clear we are in the best position in years to push on and signing his international teammate. Can't he see that? Surely he could sign a new deal with a decent buyout incase he still wants to leave in a year or two? Just seems horrible timing on his part really.
This very much!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean if a squad like ours (with the additions of Sancho and highly likely Varane) can't motivate him to stay he can fecking do one.
In the interest of objectivity maybe like Varane he just genuinely wants a change

SeanyC

It’s that snake of an agent pulling the strings and twisting his arm for another fat pay cheque, simple as that

Godfather

In the interest of objectivity maybe like Varane he just genuinely wants a change
In the French league? If he sits out his contract to join Real fair enough. If he ends up at PSG though I can't accept this reason. Huge fan of his but this squad looks so exciting right now and ready to challenge for titles. Worst timing to leave us imo.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In the French league? If he sits out his contract to join Real fair enough. If he ends up at PSG though I can't accept this reason. Huge fan of his but this squad looks so exciting right now and ready to challenge for titles. Worst timing to leave us imo.
Well he is French, despite the quality (or lack there of) of the league PSG do have a tasty looking side themselves. 3 or 4 years back in France than maybe end his career in the states to further his 'brand'?

Godfather

Well he is French, despite the quality (or lack therefore) of the league PSG do have a tasty looking side themselves. 3 or 4 years back in France than maybe end his career in the states to further his 'brand'?
I can see that yes. Would leave me a bit disappointed though. I'd love to see him along these talented bunch we have at our hands now.

northernfan

Pogba out and Goretzka in would seem to settle the positional rotation that United are looking for.
Cavani (Martial)
Rashford (James) Fernandez (VDB) Sancho (Greenwood)
McTominay (Matic) Goretzka (Fred)
Shaw (Telles) McGuire (Bailey) Varane (Lindelof) AWB (Williams)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why go to psg especially when mbappe looking likely to leave?
Possible reasons:
  • Pogba was born and raised in Paris and sees Paris as his home.
  • PSG is the strongest team in France and very, very good in Europe, too.
  • He has a close friend or two in PSG with Kimpembe being one notable friend.

gorky_utd

Possible reasons:
  • Pogba was born and raised in Paris and sees Paris as his home.
  • PSG is the strongest team in France and very, very good in Europe, too.
  • He has a close friend or two in PSG with Kimpembe being one notable friend.
Only point two is valid I think. That is why I am questioning his move since Mbappe will most likely leave.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Only point two is valid I think. That is why I am questioning his move since Mbappe will most likely leave.
I'd say the first point is quite important, too. Pogba has no particularly loyalty to any club, and given that he's already done so much for Juventus and played so long for United (5 years now), he might find the prospects of playing in his home city for one of the best clubs in the world to be attractive. What happens after PSG, I don't know.

Red_toad

Wage increase, pretty much guaranteed a trophy per season, it’s his home city club, champions league certainty and they are usually there or there about s when it comes to finals/ semis etc. plus he can coast in many games and won’t be under the same scrutiny as he is at United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone translate?

I did an English translation. Talks positive but will take time. Will need to reduce staff pay roll before prizing Pogba away. Patience needed.

Not that I know anything about the credibility, mind.

Revan

Assumptionman
I agree on the influencer theory, he is marketable but we have also just signed Sancho who is just as marketable. Sancho is not just a big buy on the pitch but commercially just as big.

Pogba however; through his agent does disrespect the club, why would we want to pay those wages for someone who every 6 months will disrupt things?

Also, comparing Messi is not really fair, he delivers the good on the pitch, Pogba is talent and gift but what Messi does is no where near in comparison to Pogba. Messi scores, creates big goals, carries the Barca team in ways Pogba can't.
Sancho is nowhere near as marketable as Pogba, not even in the same planet. For example, Pogba has 46.2M followers in Instagram, Sancho has only 6.7M, which is still more than any other United player except De Gea and Rashford, both slightly above 11M. United itself has 42M, less than Pogba. In Facebook, Pogba has 24M, Sancho has 6M. In Twitter, Pogba has almost 9M, Sancho has less than 1M.

So your point on Sancho being just as marketable as Pogba is plain wrong. Pogba is a top 5 player when it comes to marketability.

SamVimes

This year. In January he can sign a contract with another Club - no transfer fee but a nice juicy signing on fee.

Giggs86

Maybe Varane coming will convince him to sign a new contract.
Don't think so. This whole 'playing for the same country' bond is overrated imo. Pogba is probably more close to Rashford and Lingard than he is to Varane.

RUCK4444

What would you see as reasonable wages for a new contract for him?
Parity with Dave. Some may think that’s a lot but we will not find a more talented and influential midfielder without a huge outlay.

So we wouldn’t be doing that this summer. Next summer we will need a top level striker so it won’t happen then either.

The ideal scenario is he renews and we finally deal with the fact we have midfielders who are miles worse than Pogba.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nobody apart from PSG is ever going to pay a buyout of say around 50 million and pay Pogba more than 300k a week. He simply isn’t worth it to most other big clubs

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Parity with Dave. Some may think that’s a lot but we will not find a more talented and influential midfielder without a huge outlay.

So we wouldn’t be doing that this summer. Next summer we will need a top level striker so it won’t happen then either.

The ideal scenario is he renews and we finally deal with the fact we have midfielders who are miles worse than Pogba.
But then what happens when others want parity with Pogba? Where does it end? The club screwed up with DDG’s wages, why do it again?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I just did and I saw nothing. Stop lying!!
Liar liar, pants on fire. You're not going to convince me, maybe it's ten pages, but basically look in any Pogba thread and you will find what you're in denial over.