Paul Pogba racially abused on social media

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There are so many moronic United fans on Twitter. I don't consider most of the 'MagicMartial etc.' accounts, who spam the clubs official account and abuse players they don't like, to be United fans. They are just idiotic kids hiding behind a computer screen.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Disgusting.

Sure he will push for a move in December,

We will end the season with Fred Pereira Mc Tominay and we ll be happy for sure.

Fans nowadays are such idiots

TRUERED89

This will never stop unfortunately, as long as different skin complexions exist people will always use it to attack others; even if they aren't necessarily true racists. Real shame!!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Such extreme behaviour is unfortunately expected when a legend accuse him of treachery for missing a penalty on live TV.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Neville's massive over reaction to a penalty miss didn't help. He singled out Pogba and made it out to be all his fault that we dropped points. He took a penalty and missed. It happens.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well if he didn't want to go before he will now

cnuts

El Zoido

Third player in a week? I would assume every black player is getting this sort of thing constantly on social media. Twitter is an absolute cesspit of scumbags.

Honestly if this is really only the third incident, things are not as bad as they would seem.

DBT85

Also, don't blame Neville for this shit. It's easy to criticise someone without being a racist.

This will never stop unfortunately, as long as different skin complexions exist people will always use it to attack others; even if they aren't necessarily true racists. Real shame!!
This shit means they are racists. You're racist or you aren't. The only degrees are how much of a cnut you are about acting on it.

Smores

Neville's bullshit doesn't help with this stuff, the stupid prick.
Takes a rather idiotic outlook to attribute any blame to a pundit criticising a player for randoms online racially abusing someone.

But you didn't like his criticism so i guess it's okay :rolleyes:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Neville's bullshit doesn't help with this stuff, the stupid prick.
Yeah, he is leader of hate speech when it comes to Pogba. He has agenda against Pogba from long time and can't wait something to happen so that he can spout more nonsense.

Deleted 118342

Absolute idiots, I was shaking my head in disgust at the incidents last week. I hope for ever idiot who did this a thousand people support Pogba.

Reactions: SteveJ

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Such extreme behaviour is unfortunately expected when a legend accuse him of treachery for missing a penalty on live TV.
You are honestly apportioning some of the blame at Gary Neville's feet for this ? The entire Class of '92 are living rent free in your head mate. Give it a rest

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Neville created an atmosphere by talking as if Pogba committed a crime. He won't be the last person who misses a penalty in life. Give the goalkeeper some credit having guessed the right way and made a good save. Football is about small margins.

Relax, Gary! Racists do one!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Takes a rather idiotic outlook to attribute any blame to a pundit criticising a player for randoms online racially abusing someone.

The rolleyes emoji is always a good telltale sign that there's no point trying to talk sensibly with someone so thanks for clearing that up from the beginning.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What’s a “true racist”?

stepic

attributing blame to Neville for this in any way is nonsense. there's no justification or excuse for racism.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Can i expect lots of posts about how racist Utd fans are, or are they reserved for when some Chelsea twats do it?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think racists are going to racist regardless of what is said post match, I’ll bet it started before the end of the game.
Racists are always going to be knuckle dragging moron racists, yea, but when they're presented with a former United legend on TV immediately after the game acting like Pogba spat in Rashford's face and then pissed on the Stretford End those same knuckle draggers are going to be emboldened to attack.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Having seen some of the responses to United's own twitter posts - whether about individual players, match reports, supportive messages on things like the rainbow laces campaign or even just a simple message about ticket sales for the women's team - I'm not surprised to hear this.

Hopefully the club do follow up on this and identify some of the abusers. Racial abuse is vile wherever it comes from, but when it may come from your club's own fans it's got an extra layer of ugliness.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can i expect lots of posts about how racist Utd fans are, or are they reserved for when some Chelsea twats do it?
Yeah this is definitely the thread to bring up this topic

Jimmy_Bond

I cannot believe people are blaming Gary Neville for Pogba being racially abused.

Simplistic nonsense. The reason why Pogba got racially abused is because the internet is full of faceless racist morons, not because Gary Neville criticised a player on Sky Sports.

This place is far more toxic than Gary Neville.

Smores

The rolleyes emoji is always a good telltale sign that there's no point trying to talk sensibly with someone so thanks for clearing that up from the beginning.
Talk sensibly says the person trying to make out Neville's contributing to racist abuse. Emotional little girls some of you, don't like something and you have to have an extreme reaction.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Talk sensibly says the person trying to make out Neville's contributing to racist abuse. Emotional little girls some of you, don't like something and you have to have an extreme reaction.
Who said he's contributing to racist abuse? Perhaps learning to read would be a good place to start.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I guess the social media boycott worked really well then... its a shame more needs to be done about this crap

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Neville and Sky with their constant need to dramatize everything doesn't help. Not saying they shouldn't ever criticize anyone but feck sake relax, it was just a missed penalty and a decently struck one at that.
Other journalists are jumping on the drama bandwagon this morning as well, it's just what comes with Manchester United.

The stupidest people shout the loudest on twitter unfortunately

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Disgusting.

Sure he will push for a move in December,

We will end the season with Fred Pereira Mc Tominay and we ll be happy for sure.

Fans nowadays are such idiots
Yep, because that's what matters.

Troll.

Nialinho

Disgusting.

People can't be serious blaming Neville?! Don't use something like racial abuse to fit your petulant agenda's against a guy who's job it is to give his fecking opinion.

lawliet354

Yes Neville is an idiot, he called Pogba selfish and he said he was furious with Pogba, and spouting nonsense about something's not right between Pogba and Rashford. It's just a missed penalty, everybody misses once in a while. Any other player missed the pen and I guarantee he wouldn't have said any of those bullshit. The guy clearly has an agenda, he's not even criticizing the penalty direction or power, but just go straight personal with Pogba.