Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Glanville95

Onda Cero just said the Pogba deal will be announced in a matter of hours. Guess this is nothing new though.
To be fair, when a foreign source says 'a few hours' it can mean a few days. I would say this is quite literal though and it will certainly be completed/announced today at the latest.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Mixed feelings here.
On the positive side: Great player with also great potential due to age, will add different characteristics to the squad.
On the negative side: Really expesive player, price not adjusted to player's value, a kick in the teeth to Sir Alex that let him go, very big ego which I hope won't be a problem t the manager and rest of the squad.
All things considered, I will be happy when this saga ends.
An ego isn't a bad thing if you can back it up. It depends but let's not forget he has friends within the squad already. I think the last 3 years, we've been too nice. We needed a character boost and hopefully the likes of Lingard can improve this season. I think it's about as positive move as we can make. I also like the fact the club have no problem thinking it was a mistake. These things happen and yes it'll be nice once concluded :)

littlepeasoup

Mixed feelings here.
On the positive side: Great player with also great potential due to age, will add different characteristics to the squad.
On the negative side: Really expesive player, price not adjusted to player's value, a kick in the teeth to Sir Alex that let him go, very big ego which I hope won't be a problem t the manager and rest of the squad.
If we're predicating transfer business based on how it might make SAF look, or feel, I'm not really sure what we're doing. I adore Sir Alex, but the club needs to move forward.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm sure that won't stop some from panicking though
I'm not panicking, though I am wondering why the biggest transfer in the history of football is not being reported on by major news outlets. I mean, even the BFS story (possibly being sold) is a bigger news story than the Pogba deal, according to BBC. It makes no sense.

BTW, a poster earlier stated that Adidas made a MUFC advert with Pogba in it. Can someone post that.

Striker10

Someone responded to you the first time you asked Sunama (regarding the BBC)

Oneunited26

Mixed feelings here.
Fergie never helped himself with some of the choices he made between 2009-12, rafeal and park in midfield was pretty bizarre decision making, with our transfer policy looking pretty damn underwhelming, especially summer 2009 we sold ronaldo, not going ahead with the tevez deal when berbatov was not exactly reliable enough, and our signings are valencia, owen, obertan and diouff. Not to mention fergie just abandoning any attempt to rebuild the midfield, when fletcher, hargreaves, anderson, clearly were not going to come back to what they could or were before. I would rather we paid the amount on pogba, even though it could set a trend where future transfers could screw us over because of the price we paid for pogba, than get an ageing matuidi who will not really improve our midfield, but another squad player

Last edited:

panz

I'm not panicking, though I am wondering why the biggest transfer in the history of football is not being reported on by major news outlets. I mean, even the BFS story (possibly being sold) is a bigger news story than the Pogba deal, according to BBC. It makes no sense.

BTW, a poster earlier stated that Adidas made a MUFC advert with Pogba in it. Can someone post that.

Stretch

How are some of you even questioning if it's on :lol:

Adidas released Juventus advert without their most marketable player by an absolute mile and then put him in a Manchester United advert :lol:

Some of you are still worrying, incredible.
It's called @eshanul syndrome :lol:

CG1010

Hoping that this thread is soon locked.

The only thing to left to be known is whether we would do a Ronaldo style unveiling at OT or not.

Striker10

No real shock there won't be an announcement today. Best to just look forward to the game tomorrow.

panz

So according to Di Marzio they are still doing paperwork with medicals soon to follow.

The story last night about Pogba flying to LA for a medical must be made up. Who reported it?

Striker10

But its not been completed ?
Patience. There's so much involved - United have a game tomorrow. It was hardly ever going to be ideal. Just how it is. Not you (but some people are primadonnas).

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Monday it is then! Just be patient and grateful we're signing him.