Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Chip

I'm pretty sure we will not get to 1000 pages..it will be announced before.
Not so sure. What if an update comes in saying he's going to have his medical or a pic shows him arriving in Manchester etc.

One big update (di marzio's 48 hours) produced 70 pages in one day in this thread.
What if it was announced, and the thread was therefore closed, on page 999? Would the announcement even make you happy?
I would absolutely love it

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What if it was announced, and the thread was therefore closed, on page 999? Would the announcement even make you happy?
I would absolutely love it
I'd be delighted. 999 is a magical number anyway, much better than 1000.

Gasolin

I bought Pogba in Fifa 16. Was playing it last night and he broke his foot in training. Out for 3 months. Not a good sign lads :(
??? Which mode is that? In FUT a foot injury is usually 2 games max...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I admire people who waste their time waiting for a transfers to happen.
It's kind of become a footballing entertainment in itself, pondering over every tweet and comment from everyone who is in any way relevant, before deconstructing it in attempts to find hidden meanings behind it etc. Fills the summer, I suppose.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Sportsmen with any sort of strong religious belief are usually really good. Ali or Ronaldo comes to mind. Paul Ali!
Fairly sure Manny Pacquaio's quite religious too. Suppose a lot of sports stars kind of feel like someone's behind the incredible success they've achieved. A lot easier for them to be faithful I imagine when much in life has gone extremely well.

RetroStu

I don't understand why we can't announce it 'pending medical'. Him being on holiday is no excuse.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I don't understand why we can't announce it 'pending medical'. Him being on holiday is no excuse.
Because club, Adidas, Pogba himself will want to make as much fuss and hype around it as possible and making such statement would be something absolutely contrary to it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
There will be a huge to-do from both United and Adidas when they announce his singing, so obviously he'll need to be present. If he's back from holiday next week I bet they won't properly announce his singing until the week after, so they have time to film all the marketing stuff.

Witchking

Given that it was tweeted by Di Marzio himself, I think most of us did.
Now you know he is also a part of all the bullshitters who love taking advantage of muppets who are ignorant and increasing their twitter followers. 48 hours was never ever going to be true.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
To be fair to Di Marzio, he didn't say WOULD...if people can't read then that's their problem. This wouldn't be a typical purchase. Some people are unable to think of anyones interests but our own. Though he would miss some games, we have to believe we have a better squad then who we will be facing in the opening week or so.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
What a load of shit.

In a couple of days it is closer to the 7th :lol:
It's pretty obvious what he meant. It'll be more like the 5th, 6th, 7th or even 8th, 9th after he gets back. I'm pretty sure they won't be completing all aspects of the sale without his involvement rather than the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. Basically, wait for him to come back from holiday which is common sense. Can't believe people are acting with such a lack of intelligence.

SammyUnited_83

Because club, Adidas, Pogba himself will want to make as much fuss and hype around it as possible and making such statement would be something absolutely contrary to it.
I'm sorry I don't get this.

The hype on this transfer was last week, now people (not me) expect it to be a done deal it's kind of fizzled out. IF the deal was done, they would get far more exposure counting down to when Pogba arrives in Manchester etc.

SammyUnited_83

It's pretty obvious what he meant. It'll be more like the 5th, 6th, 7th or even 8th, 9th after he gets back. I'm pretty sure they won't be completing all aspects of the sale without his involvement rather than the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. Basically, wait for him to come back from holiday which is common sense. Can't believe people are acting with such a lack of intelligence.
But in a couple of days is closer to that date, so he is just tweeting for the sake of tweeting and it basically means jack shit.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm sorry I don't get this.

The hype on this transfer was last week, now people (not me) expect it to be a done deal it's kind of fizzled out. IF the deal was done, they would get far more exposure counting down to when Pogba arrives in Manchester etc.
But it didn't fizzle out though, did it? Say there's an agreement between the clubs, Raiola, Pogba, things just need to be signed and the whole marketing machinery has to prepare itself and start some campaign and other shit, you know.

It's just people who seem to be acting like 12 year old kids on too high sugar intake.

This fecker isn't cutting his holidays anyway so what's the difference if we announce him this or next week, it's beyond me to be fair.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Fairly sure Manny Pacquaio's quite religious too. Suppose a lot of sports stars kind of feel like someone's behind the incredible success they've achieved. A lot easier for them to be faithful I imagine when much in life has gone extremely well.
Actually... I sense a pattern here. Ronaldo, Ali, Pogba (myself :P ) all had crappy lives that later turned to be great. Guess it is easier to have faith that way.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
But in a couple of days is closer to that date, so he is just tweeting for the sake of tweeting and it basically means jack shit.
No, it's painfully obvious what he meant. You seem to be picking up on semantics. He meant it was likely to be in the days closer to the seventh than the days closer to today. I.e the 5th/6th/7th than the 2nd/3rd/4th. Not that it was going to be closer to the seventh full stop. I.e, just wait until he gets back from holiday and stop rabidly posting about something that common sense tells you wouldn't happen anyway.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the club announces the transfer then all the media will chase him around, even more than they are doing now, for interviews and all that.

Would be nice if it was done this week though

WPMUFC

Did anyone actually believe those 48 hours?
I think there has been huge confusion over the 48 hours

27th July =
In two days @juventusfc and @ManUtd should close the deal for @paulpogba: talks ongoing between clubs
28th July =
.@paulpogba to @ManUtd: clubs are going to agree the last few details @juventusfc
(still at the agreement level)

28th July = agreement in place http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom...-trasferimento-di-pogba-al-manchester-united/ (agreement done)

29th July = Di Marzio Staff
Juve and Man Utd need to write paperworks, sign, pay Raiola... as said, need time to become official. But there's total agreement
(agreement done)

30th July = Di Marzio
Every day, from Monday, could be that good for the announcement and British journalists eagerly awaiting
(agreement done - waiting for signatures)

31st July = Di Marzio Staff
deal is done. They're signing contracts and then will be official. Just press officer know when
(agreement done - waiting for signatures)

IMO, people have confused the use of "done deal". Di Marzio and Staff are saying "done deal" because the agreement was finalised and committed to. This then moved to the ACTUAL final stage, signatures. When this is all done, its ACTUALLY "done deal" as we all know it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People seem to think that Woody, Raoila and Pogba owe it to the transfer feckwits to curtail his summer break and bring him back early to get this all finalised just to appease them.

If we assume everything is agreed in principle what fecking difference does it make whether it was announced yesterday or gets announced next Monday? It's not going to change when he'll be available to play.

Santos J

Reckon it'll be Thursday/Friday we see something official as by Monday he'd have been expected to be in training with Juve I think.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I think there has been huge confusion over the 48 hours

27th July =

28th July = (still at the agreement level)

28th July = agreement in place http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom...-trasferimento-di-pogba-al-manchester-united/ (agreement done)

29th July = Di Marzio Staff (agreement done)

30th July = Di Marzio (agreement done - waiting for signatures)

31st July = Di Marzio Staff (agreement done - waiting for signatures)

IMO, people have confused the use of "done deal". Di Marzio and Staff are saying "done deal" because the agreement was finalised and committed to. This then moved to the ACTUAL final stage, signatures. When this is all done, its ACTUALLY "done deal" as we all know it.
If somebody could threadmark this post it would be grand, people would finally stop talking shit.

sully1

I'm sorry but Pogba will make his debut much earlier. Probably mid August. We need to get points as fast as we can so Pogba will be expected to play a vital part.
Yup real clever rushing a £100 million player into the league without him having any pre season.