Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Judas

Open to offers
No one knows for sure, allegedly he was due back for training with Juve on the 7th, after such a long holiday us mere mortals would probably want to get back on the 5th, turn the heating on in the house, wash pants / socks and getting ready for work... Not sure footballers need to think like that.

IF he is due to Manchester on Saturday, I imagine we would announce something fairly soon - he wouldn't just turn up in Manchester.
Unlike most of our signings who do just that before an official announcement?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Sometimes i wonder if the muppets would rather reach 1000 pages than for United to sign Pogba.

acrebo

Could you imagine a post match interview with Pogba and Zlatan? :drool:
"We knew we'd have to make sure we remained tough to beat against Hull, especially on their own turf. To concede a goal so late on is gutting but there are plenty of positives in this defeat..."

United Pro

Luckhurst knows absolutely nothing.

I'd rather believe any of the muppet ITK's on here.
Wasn't he voted the best English sports journo of 2015 or something? MEN were also very good on us last summer, where Luckhurst is by far the most ITK in terms of United from there. I can't really say about their sources since LVG left, but I'd bet that he knows a hell of a lot more than any ITK on here.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Actually we should be glad that Fergie got rid of Pogba when he did. Controversial you say, well consider this:

- We went to shit shortly after
- We would in no way be able to get £100m for Pogba
- Raiola and Pogba would have engineered a move and transfer request during our barren years under Moyes and LvG
- Madrid would have pinched him from us for a measly £50m
- Pogba would never again have played for MUFC. And having him during the two baboons spell would just be a waste

So in conclusion, even though it was bitter to loose him for a pittance, we would have lost him a few years down the road anyways, and never have the chance to have him play for us again.

Chip

Now the Luckhurst tweet about Getty releasing Pogba pictures. Why don't they just announce the bloody deal already?

Keegs

Getty releasing images of pogba for the sake of all are sanity just announce it already my god getting frustrating when we all know the conclusion.

Kaos

Actually we should be glad that Fergie got rid of Pogba when he did. Controversial you say, well consider this:

- We went to shit shortly after
- We would in no way be able to get £100m for Pogba
- Raiola and Pogba would have engineered a move and transfer request during our barren years under Moyes and LvG
- Madrid would have pinched him from us for a measly £50m
- Pogba would never again have played for MUFC. And having him during the two baboons spell would just be a waste

So in conclusion, even though it was bitter to loose him for a pittance, we would have lost him a few years down the road anyways and never have the chance to have him play for us again.
Exactly how I feel about it too.

He's become a far superior player at Juve then he would have under Moyes and LVG IMO.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
SSN says he's in Manchester Saturday.
Was he not going to be in Manchester last week. Or was it the week before?
I'm sure I read that he was going to be announced today.
In fact come to think of it, I'm sure I read that it would be announced in 48 hours.

I do find it strange that journalists make their own timetable and people believe it.
It'll be announced when the clubs/player are ready.
I think the deal is agreed, but beyond that, no journalist knows what's going on. The bolded part is 100% evident.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Now the Luckhurst tweet about Getty releasing Pogba pictures. Why don't they just announce the bloody deal already?
You pay for every 'getty' image you want to use, right?

They could see this as a goldmine with every news article wanting to use images of Pogba in a United shirt.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of many terrible moves by fergie 2009-13, just like summer 2009
Yep - transfers really were quite poor after the summer (2008?) when we bought Nani, Ando, Hargreaves, and rented Tevez. The old school stubbornness of not wanting to deal with modern agents wound up costing us in terms of success.

binary bot
The most obvious answer to the delay is that they're waiting on Pogba's holiday to end to finalise it, makes more sense to wait and save yourself from something possibly going wrong, than to confirm a deal being agreed like happened with Aaron Ramsey.

So just wait until his holiday ends.

Chip

Was he not going to be in Manchester last week. Or was it the week before?
I'm sure I read that he was going to be announced today.
In fact come to think of it, I'm sure I read that it would be announced in 48 hours.

I do find it strange that journalists make their own timetable and people believe it.
It'll be announced when the clubs/player are ready.
I think the deal is agreed, but beyond that, no journalist knows what's going on. The bolded part is 100% evident.
As Raiola said on Twitter: It's just a race between Italian and English media about who is going to break the news first. Probably the first and only true thing he's said. Journos have clearly been briefed somehow, but apparently not about when the deal is being announced.

Nickosaur

I can't wait to actually discuss Pogba as a player and how he will work in Mourinho's system tactically, as opposed to this waiting for confirmation bullshit. If you would have told me this time last week it would still be rumbling on I'd have jumped out a fecking window.

Chip

Why would getty be in the know?
I don't think they know. Samuel Luckhurst has just said that they have released dozens of old photos from Pogba's time at United. That could be a coincidence, but the timing would be strange. But don't shoot the messenger. I'm just stating what Luckhurst said.

Oneunited26

Yep - transfers really were quite poor after the summer (2008?) when we bought Nani, Ando, Hargreaves, and rented Tevez. The old school stubbornness of not wanting to deal with modern agents wound up costing us in terms of success.
even though those buys came in 2007, summer 2008 buying berbatov really was downhill from there and we could not even keep our best player. No question fergie messed up buying a inconsistent forward who was best staying at spurs which was at his level. Fergie just never seemed to even improve positions taken up by average players, anderson, valencia, young, cleverley, welbeck, berbatov, the list goes on with players not up to the task. While sanchez, modric, suarez, robben, WS, toure, even pogba who was ours manages to leave us, just the same when losing ronaldo, which sums the club up, the rest all went to our rivals, and here we are