Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldham

I've seen this boy a couple of times in the resevers and he looks good...

prateik

i remember the possebon hype ..
not getting excited yet

prateik

He has more urgency in his natural game than Possebon had. This is key. I look forward to watching him develop into a United player if all goes well.
midfield general, box to box , crisp passing , great vision , cracking shot ..
that was possebon

sure pogba is a huge talent .. but the step up is HUGE .. many cant make it , well, not enough to be at united atleast

not getting my hopes up just yet

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
i remember the possebon hype ..
not getting excited yet
rodrigos two years younger then gibson and pogba is 4 years younger then Rodrigo ....

He's developing well

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Was there really that much hype about Possebon though? First we heard about him he was already 19 and not really doing that much, on his United debut he kept it simple but didn't impress. He's still only 21 or something so he may have a shot at becoming a squad player here.

prateik

i dont remember saying any of those . except for the part about him having a good shot

the passing , vision was paddy and the rest was what i read during the reserve games last season and towards the end of the season before that

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Possebon was VERY impressive until Pogatetz broke him. After that he seemed to withdraw into his shell - played the ball faster, took less time to think about his options, took less risks, didn't make himself available as often. I think people are forgetting just how impressive he really was in his first few first team games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Possebon was VERY impressive until Pogatetz broke him. After that he seemed to withdraw into his shell - played the ball faster, took less time to think about his options, took less risks, didn't make himself available as often. I think people are forgetting just how impressive he really was in his first few first team games.
He was impressive in the game in which Pogatetz broke him, not so impressive in the other ones. Not that I can remember anyway.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
YouTube - United versus West Brom Academy 05/12/09

Great strike! He has looked ridiculously good from the couple videos I've seen of him in the youth team. I almost forgot about him for a while there.

The date on the video name is wrong. I believe the game actually took place on December 5.
I scored a goal almost exactly the same as this on my last sunday league match.

except, i dint dribble it, I chested it down, turned and volleyed it

Decotron

midfield general, box to box , crisp passing , great vision , cracking shot ..
that was possebon

sure pogba is a huge talent .. but the step up is HUGE .. many cant make it , well, not enough to be at united atleast

not getting my hopes up just yet
No way was he ever that type of player at any level for us. Not for one second.

jb8521

No way was he ever that type of player at any level for us. Not for one second.
No he very rarely put in a tackle and definitely wasnt box to box he just normally floated around the centre circle keeping the game moving but didnt really show any desire to get stuck in at all a bit like a less talented Pirlo

prateik

sorry for taking the thread off topic .. the point i was trying to make was that possebon was highly rated but his progress stalled after the injury . the damage wasnt physical , it was more in his head and the way if affected his game .
there are many things that can stop a player from realizing his full potential..pogba has a long way to go

at the u18's , being ahead in the development than the others by a year or two makes the player a stand out performer .impressive it might be, but it happens a lot .
just saying that some might be getting too carried away by the performances of a 16 year old playing for the academy

@ Decotron . i'm pretty sure i read something to that effect on the official site ..

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Promising young midfielders, really hard to judge how good they might turn out. Not until I see him play some competitive matches, otherwise he could just be another Possebon, David Jones or even Dejamba, Klberson and Miller who all look promising before.

Cold_Boy

In your head, maybe.

The reality was a lot less impressive.
Agreed.

I really dont remember Possebon mentioned anywhere before we signed him.He wasn't a well known but a unknown talent imo.

I think from the academy games Pogba looks far more natural and talented.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In your head, maybe.

The reality was a lot less impressive.
Was in a lot of people's heads at the time, people were raving about Possebon even though he'd not actually done much besides look comfortable. He never really looked like he'd be able to keep up with the pace of the game and he flattered to deceive in a lot of areas.

Some people wanted him as 5th choice centre mid or something at one point, and one said that Anderson and Possebon was going to be our future partnership for a long time.

A lot of people who don't watch reserves pick up on little bits of information and exaggerate them to create baseless hype.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Was in a lot of people's heads at the time, people were raving about Possebon even though he'd not actually done much besides look comfortable. He never really looked like he'd be able to keep up with the pace of the game and he flattered to deceive in a lot of areas.

Some people wanted him as 5th choice centre mid or something at one point, and one said that Anderson and Possebon was going to be our future partnership for a long time.

A lot of people who don't watch reserves pick up on little bits of information and exaggerate them to create baseless hype.
true. And there are others who back gibson because he's irish. There are also people who seem to preach paitence for some and not for others. We're all guilty up to a point for various reasons

Getting back to Pogba, he's a talented boy BUT so's tunnicliffe. There are a number who have the talent but are young kids. Thankfully, we can afford to be paitent.

ryan_forlan

Gullible

I am guilty of doing that:nervous:
My team of the future had foster,Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Possebon, Anderson, Nani and Macheda:D
I felt that Possebon was awesome though, from what I had seen of him. Pity that he does not seem to be up for it now.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I was originally very impressed by Possebon, but it's not looking good for him at the moment. That tackle really has left a mark.

He has the potential to develop into a strong and imposing central midfielder. Ive been impressed by the glimpses ive had of him so far. He has a good range of passing, strength in abundance and a powerful long range shot.

Keep a close eye on him because the sky is the limit for his talent.

Name Changed

weso26
I wouldn't be too hopeful that Possebon is going to make the breakthrough. I'd have much higher hopes for Pogba to be honest.

Alex

Pogba is going to be a monster of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.