Paul Pogba

Shark

@NotShark
He's an absolute monster in this form. Was completely toying with Milan's midfield at times. Not sure he's actually had a bad game out left.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This will be one of the important decision that our DoF will make.

Selling Pogba means we are losing quality player in our squad and we must sign a quality top player to replace his creativity outlet. That will be another additional player we need to sign in our transfer list.

If we give him new contract means Murtough needs to deal with Raiola which going to be tricky how much wages and agent fees we will need to give.

davidmichael

This will be one of the important decision that our DoF will make.

Selling Pogba means we are losing quality player in our squad and we must sign a quality top player to replace his creativity outlet. That will be another additional player we need to sign in our transfer list.

If we give him new contract means Murtough needs to deal with Raiola which going to be tricky how much wages and agent fees we will need to give.
My Nan used to have this funny saying that I used to find hilarious as a kid but kind of stuck with me through into adult life which was “is the juice worth the squeeze ?” and it is very appropriate in regards to us giving Pogba a new contract.

Do the pro’s outweigh the con’s in keeping Pogba or do we sell him cut price in the summer then add a creative midfielder to our transfer targets as he’ll need to be replaced as I’m afraid I don’t think VDB is up to the task, if I’m honest I’d rather we use VDB as a makeweight in a deal for someone else or sell him as I think he’s a player that will do well in Spain or Italy but struggle in England.

I’ve changed my mind a few times on whether to give Pogba a new contract but now I’m firmly of the opinion that the juice IS worth the squeeze in giving him a new contract as replacing him is near on impossible and it would be for around half of what we paid, in a worst case scenario we could sell him in summer 2023 and get a much better fee with him being under a longer contract.

Also it’s clear we’re a better team with him in it, I’m very much of the belief that if we put a pure out and out defensive midfielder alongside him then we could play Pogba AND Fernandes in the biggest games instead of McTominay and Fred which means we’d be playing with two creative midfielders and playing to win rather than not lose as we currently do.

I think if we were to sign Sancho, a pure out and out defensive midfielder and a quality centre back with pace as well as keeping Pogba we’d be in a position to challenge for the title, it took City putting an outrageous run of winning 20 games in a row to pull away from us and I don't think they’d do that again next season so with a properly balanced starting 11 and City not putting together a run like this season we’re realistic title challengers.

croadyman

My Nan used to have this funny saying that I used to find hilarious as a kid but kind of stuck with me through into adult life which was “is the juice worth the squeeze ?” and it is very appropriate in regards to us giving Pogba a new contract.

Do the pro’s outweigh the con’s in keeping Pogba or do we sell him cut price in the summer then add a creative midfielder to our transfer targets as he’ll need to be replaced as I’m afraid I don’t think VDB is up to the task, if I’m honest I’d rather we use VDB as a makeweight in a deal for someone else or sell him as I think he’s a player that will do well in Spain or Italy but struggle in England.

I’ve changed my mind a few times on whether to give Pogba a new contract but now I’m firmly of the opinion that the juice IS worth the squeeze in giving him a new contract as replacing him is near on impossible and it would be for around half of what we paid, in a worst case scenario we could sell him in summer 2023 and get a much better fee with him being under a longer contract.

Also it’s clear we’re a better team with him in it, I’m very much of the belief that if we put a pure out and out defensive midfielder alongside him then we could play Pogba AND Fernandes in the biggest games instead of McTominay and Fred which means we’d be playing with two creative midfielders and playing to win rather than not lose as we currently do.

I think if we were to sign Sancho, a pure out and out defensive midfielder and a quality centre back with pace as well as keeping Pogba we’d be in a position to challenge for the title, it took City putting an outrageous run of winning 20 games in a row to pull away from us and I don't think they’d do that again next season so with a properly balanced starting 11 and City not putting together a run like this season we’re realistic title challengers.
My advice would be choose only one of those three you have mentioned because that's what we will be forced to do come the summer and the usual negative leaks will start coming out of the club again

davidmichael

My advice would be choose only one of those three you have mentioned because that's what we will be forced to do come the summer and the usual negative leaks will start coming out of the club again
I think Milenkovic, Rice and Sancho is a realistic transfer window and all three can be bought if we move De Gea, Dalot, Jones, Mata, Pereira, Lingard and Chong all on too.

Wheato

My opinion on Pogba has changed so many times, he is one half-arsed display away from changing it again. One thing that we cannot deny is that we were top of the league on the 12th Jan. Pogba got injured, and now we are 11 points adrift after eleventy million draws.

We have missed his quality in the final third. He makes things happen. We are a better team when he plays.

Our dilemma is that he is 28 years old, and only has a year left on his contract, so his stock is falling. If we are ever going to cash in on him, to fund an alternative replacement, like Grealish, it has to be now.

A lot rests on what he wants to do next. With only a year left on his contract, he has got the bargaining power to force a transfer.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
My opinion on Pogba has changed so many times, he is one half-arsed display away from changing it again. One thing that we cannot deny is that we were top of the league on the 12th Jan. Pogba got injured, and now we are 11 points adrift after eleventy million draws.

We have missed his quality in the final third. He makes things happen. We are a better team when he plays.

Our dilemma is that he is 28 years old, and only has a year left on his contract, so his stock is falling. If we are ever going to cash in on him, to fund an alternative replacement, like Grealish, it has to be now.

A lot rests on what he wants to do next. With only a year left on his contract, he has got the bargaining power to force a transfer.
This is the problem Pogba has, to the majority of united fans he’s only ever one bad game away from hell fire. God forbid he performs like Bruno has since Xmas, granted Bruno’s stats give him money in the bank, but that didn’t stop Pogba being abused on the pitch the season he topped our charts for goals and assists.

davidmichael

I think Grealish is fantastic BUT he’s not a Pogba replacement, he’d either play out left or as a 10 but not as the one who’d drive forward and create from a midfield two as Pogba had been doing this season.

I agree with everything else though as once we had to go back to McTominay and Fred we drew countless games and completely fell behind City, this is why I’d move De Gea on and give Pogba a £300K-£350K a week 3 or 4 year contract and IF worst came to worst we could sell him in 2023 with his value intact due to being under long term contract.

There must be a part of Pogba that can see how close we are to winning trophies on a regular basis and a part of him that sees he can be the difference in making that happen, his ego will love being the main driving force towards us winning trophies which is why I think he’d happily sign a new contract if the money was right.

RUCK4444

This is the problem Pogba has, to the majority of united fans he’s only ever one bad game away from hell fire. God forbid he performs like Bruno has since Xmas, granted Bruno’s stats give him money in the bank, but that didn’t stop Pogba being abused on the pitch the season he topped our charts for goals and assists.
It’s always been this way with Pogba, even back when he was our top scorer and creator before Bruno, he would still get dogs abuse.

He’s always been viewed differently and perhaps it’s similar to Maguire where the price tag (which the player doesn’t set) skewing fans opinion of them.

I’m pretty much done talking about it at this point but we haven’t made the most of his time here, he shares some of the blame but it’s not a one way street and he’s still arguably our best player when in form.

Wilt

Think we won’t win anything without him.

Pogba could want to stay if we sign Haaland, but that’s a long shot.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's off. Hope we rebuild our midfield well. The only decent player in that area we have.

peridigm

I think Milenkovic, Rice and Sancho is a realistic transfer window and all three can be bought if we move De Gea, Dalot, Jones, Mata, Pereira, Lingard and Chong all on too.
One of those players will be near impossible to move on unless he settles for a wage cut. That means we may also have to let him go in the cheap. Two of those players will have to be sold for peanuts or let go for free. The other three we’ll be lucky to get a combined £20m for.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Grealish is not a Pogba replacement. He hasn’t played centre mid since playing in the Championship. He would be more of a Rashford replacement/competition

laughtersassassin

Ideally Pogba uses his contract situation as leverage.

The best thing that could happen to United is for Him to say he'll sign a new contract if we show real ambition and add some high quality first team signings.

If I'm him I stay but don't sign a new contract if we don't make proper signings in the summer.

Scholsey2004

One of those players will be near impossible to move on unless he settles for a wage cut. That means we may also have to let him go in the cheap. Two of those players will have to be sold for peanuts or let go for free. The other three we’ll be lucky to get a combined £20m for.
Itd be a lot of money off the wage bill though. It all adds up.

dinostar77

Pogba wants a summer move to Madrid (adamant to the point Riola may lose him as a client if it doesn't happen). Zidane is keen but Perez isnt. Also Perez doesn't like to deal with Riola. However Perez wants Haaland and Riola is pushing the Haaland camp to a move to Madrid. That way he can hopefully convince Perez to sign Pogba as well. Basically i do you a favour and get Haaland to Madrid, you do me a favour and sign Pogba as a sweetner. That way Riola keeps Pogba as a client as well as Haaland.

Pogba wants out of utd and has zero intention of renewing. Utd have to sell this summer or lose him on a free.

Source: The transfer window podcast.

John Blund

Send Pogba to Madrid. Ask for Oedegaard back. Then deal with Riola so we also get Haaland for £90M for accepting such a deal. Pogba is good, but I'd take this in a heartbeat.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Send Pogba to Madrid. Ask for Oedegaard back. Then deal with Riola so we also get Haaland for £90M for accepting such a deal. Pogba is good, but I'd take this in a heartbeat.
Where will you put Odegaard? Pogba isn’t a #10 for us and Odegaard is, it isn’t a straight swap.

John Blund

Where will you put Odegaard? Pogba isn’t a #10 for us and Odegaard is, it isn’t a straight swap.
Odegaard has played quite a bit on the right side, and he's defensive enough to play as a CM as well. It's not about the swap itself. Pogba wants out, and the last few games Odegaard played for Arsenal shows that he's more than good enough to take on PL.
So in short: We make Pogba happy, we make Riola happy, we get Haaland. And we bring in a versatile player who can cover for Bruno, he can play on the right, and he should be able to cover quite well as a CM as well.

I'm happy Pogs is playing well for us, when he's not injured, but I'm more than certain that he or his agent will push for the exit again this summer. Zidane wants him, and he wants to go to Real.
I want Varane or Odegaard in return. And I believe Odegaard will fix more of the defects in our squad than Varane. Yes, we should have a better partner for Maguire, but I still feel we lack more creativity than we need even better centre backs. Now we're really dull if Bruno having an off day.

Jaxa

I genuinely feel Paul Pogba as a footballer would do so much better without having that c*nt in his ear 24/7,

I understand the argument that Paul is Mino's boss and has the final say etc but there's a reason Mino's clients are all journeyman, the best thing Erling Haaland can do at this point being so young is sack that piece of sh*t and go employ Mendes or someone else that isn't hated across the globe by clubs and will equally get him a move to any club he wants

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah not to us and not to City. So a good thing.
It means neither of those things. Raiola chats a bunch of shite in the media and then does contrary. It’s all part of the plan for him.

Infra-red

"I could take my nephew of 5 years and find a club for Paul at a high level"

what does that even mean?
He means that it will be trivially easy for him to find Pogba a club this summer. I don't actually think that's true, just like it wasn't true last summer, either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is what I said - personally most of the players that deal with Raiola as an agent have a poor intelligence or mentally egotistical issues.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
"I could take my nephew of 5 years and find a club for Paul at a high level"

what does that even mean?
Its pretty obvious, any club would take Pogba, he doesn't need a great agent to find him a club

MattofManchester

Can any kind of new contract depend on the firing of his sack of shit agent, please?
And then can clubs just stop doing business with him?

Players will get the hint.