Paul Pogba

croadyman

Dip in form for Bruno and a hell will be raised on here, mark my words. People like living their fantasies, not seeing how far is Pogba typical performance level from his actual potential (which is great).

And as I doubt we'll get Grealish, the moaning will be loud.
Find it hard to believe we will let Pogba leave unless we have someone lined up to replace him, if he did still decide to stay then surely the focus will be fully on getting a top class DM to sit behind behind him & Bruno

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Find it hard to believe we will let Pogba leave unless we have someone lined up to replace him, if he did still decide to stay then surely the focus will be fully on getting a top class DM to sit behind behind him & Bruno
I don't think Pogba is that important for that team to be "replaced". Whatever questions you come up with regarding our team, he is not the answer.

Our issues lie in different places on the pitch than those which Pogba occupies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think that's why we bought VDB.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you reckon money will go on a CB & CDM then
It's quite open really - those are the positions we probably prefer to strengthen in. But there are 3 players we'd also push the boat out for (Grealish/Sancho/Haaland) so its hard to tell.

Personally, I'd like us get a fast CB and Jack Grealish. The latter + VDB is an immense upgrade on Paul Pogba.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Like him and his style, but won’t be sorry to see him go and hopefully we bring a fully committed player in to replace him.

The comments that: “he’s brilliant on his day” are true but his day doesn’t come often enough.

Will likely rip the french league apart if he does go to PSG and the caf will be fawning over him, rewriting history but he’s been a disappointment for me and it’s time we parted ways.

Jonesno.8

What do we reckon the asking price would be for Erikson. If 20mil or so and we get the 75mil suggested from PSG I'd be happy enough. Erikson could really help Bruno get a rest as a proven prem player. Not a popular opinion but checks all the boxes for me. pure replacement for Pog though, doesn't solve the right side issue.

What do we reckon the asking price would be for Erikson. If 20mil or so and we get the 75mil suggested from PSG I'd be happy enough. Erikson could really help Bruno get a rest as a proven prem player. Not a popular opinion but checks all the boxes for me. pure replacement for Pog though, doesn't solve the right side issue.
much rather keep Pogba than Eriksen. He’s totally spent.

you could probably get him for £20m, if we should be nowhere near him. He’s got someone like West Ham written all over him.

Mylock

Pobga has all the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, but unfortunately, it takes more than talent alone to reach the top. He lacks the game intelligence, and work rate to ever reach the level that he could have. He comes across as a nice guy with reports he's popular in the dressing room, but it's best for both parties that he moves on in the summer.
Ideally, he plays well for the next few months, and then we get a decent amount from PSG. This would allow us to go all-in for Grealish as Pogba's replacement.

Craig Ward

If he’s a ‘pretty average footballer’, why does he play every game for the world champions France? To sell French shirts? :lol:

The inability people have to have a balanced assessment of his skills is amazing.
This is a balanced assessment.

He's a talented player who rarely, if ever plays to the best of his ability. He's never shown world class CONSISTENT form for us, ever.

He's far from the best player in that French team too if you wanna get into it. Matuidi runs the midfield

Craig Ward

I’m sorry but this is blind hate. Question his attitude & commitment by all means; but he’s the most talented footballer we have at the club, by some distance too.
Talent means nothing without putting that into consistent form, which pogba has never done.

Thats why i called it Hype - cos he is hyped at as a world class footballer, but in reality he isnt one. He's never shown consistent form to a good enough level for us, and he's been here long enough.

That added with his agent and brother and his questionable commitment - means my opinion is rational and reasonable

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Talent means nothing without putting that into consistent form, which pogba has never done.

Thats why i called it Hype - cos he is hyped at as a world class footballer, but in reality he isnt one. He's never shown consistent form to a good enough level for us, and he's been here long enough.

That added with his agent and brother and his questionable commitment - means my opinion is rational and reasonable
Agreed.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought that was one of his best performances in a while, and not just because of the goal. He finally stood out in the middle of pitch. It was about time he started playing some football.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

He's a talented player who rarely, if ever plays to the best of his ability. He's never shown world class CONSISTENT form for us, ever.

He's far from the best player in that French team too if you wanna get into it. Matuidi runs the midfield
Matuidi doesn't play for France anymore, at least not getting called up. If you're talking about their world cup campaign, Pogba was more important to their success than Matuidi, who comes third behind Kante/Pogba in running the midfield during that world cup.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Matuidi has never run any midfield in his life :lol: Technically he has never good enough for that although he's been very valuable with other aspects of his game

meamth

Even that 15 goals a season run is forgotten. I see.

Dan_F

There’s almost no chance we let him go before the summer. He’s clearly well liked and respected in the dressing room and despite all the rumours, the general consensus seems to be that he’s a good trainer and influence.

I don’t think there’s any need to upset things half way through a season. Ideally we don’t want him getting to the last year of his contract, but for a serious run at the title we need him in the team and playing well. McTominay and Fred won’t do it.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
It's quite open really - those are the positions we probably prefer to strengthen in. But there are 3 players we'd also push the boat out for (Grealish/Sancho/Haaland) so its hard to tell.

Personally, I'd like us get a fast CB and Jack Grealish. The latter + VDB is an immense upgrade on Paul Pogba.
Graelish and a quality CB would make us an extremely tough squad to deal with. McT, Fred, and Matic are CMs that put in great effort and cause havoc, but after Pogba leaves, we will definitely need a midflieder that is creative and looking to push the abll forward and make a great pass.

Heardy

Excellent news. He's still our 2nd best player and should be kept if at all possible, despite some peoples irrational dislike for him.
I don’t think people’s dislike is irrational. His allegiances haven’t really been aligned to the club. Having his agent say what he did, or even simply allow him to say what he did is enough to piss off rational fans.

Gythio

I don’t think people’s dislike is irrational. His allegiances haven’t really been aligned to the club. Having his agent say what he did, or even simply allow him to say what he did is enough to piss off rational fans.
I think his ultimate goal is to win trophies, and during his time here we haven't matched that ambition. We've not even been challenging for the major ones during his 5 years here - it's natural he'll want to leave. I agree that the way it all played out with Mino wasn't pretty, but it's unfair to blame that on Pogba, more a case of Mino being a tit

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think his ultimate goal is to win trophies, and during his time here we haven't matched that ambition. We've not even been challenging for the major ones during his 5 years here - it's natural he'll want to leave. I agree that the way it all played out with Mino wasn't pretty, but it's unfair to blame that on Pogba, more a case of Mino being a tit
That maybe the case but Pogba hasnt exactly given performances that show he is capable of being a fundamental part of a team that wins trophies.

The difference between him and just half of Bruno Fernandes is a big difference in my opinion.

He is a good player but his performances are not as consistent as even someone like Carrick was and so I find his aggression towards the club a bit poor.

Heardy

That maybe the case but Pogba hasnt exactly given performances that show he is capable of being a fundamental part of a team that wins trophies.

The difference between him and just half of Bruno Fernandes is a big difference in my opinion.

He is a good player but his performances are not as consistent as even someone like Carrick was and so I find his aggression towards the club a bit poor.
Exactly! Bruno has a desire to win and push team mates, his numbers contribute massively, whilst Pogbas do not.

If Pogba had a similar output to Bruno we’d be laughing!

Gythio

He’s a moody player i’ll give you that, probably not the one that will drag us through rough patches. When the team is playing well and we look to be challenging for trophies however, he’s a truly sensational player. This christmas period for example when we were joint top, he played out of his mind and carried the team on his back. Nobody bar Bruno is able to achieve that level of play in our squad.

So i agree that he’s not perfect by any means but definitely worth keeping if we plan to strenghten the squad and win things.

Rolaholic

Given how our title challenge basically withered away as soon as he went down, I wouldn't be against it at all.

We're a much much stronger and consistent side with him in it. Building on the spine we have with 1 or 2 more additions makes me believe we'd have the necessary squad to compete on all fronts

Judas

Open to offers
I'm extremely massively torn and tired. If he'd stay fit and hungry, of course I think everyone would want him to stay. But I can't be dealing with the uninterested Pogba with all the faff that comes with him.

Becks00

Given how our title challenge basically withered away as soon as he went down, I wouldn't be against it at all.

We're a much much stronger and consistent side with him in it. Building on the spine we have with 1 or 2 more additions makes me believe we'd have the necessary squad to compete on all fronts
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, no matter how much I might not like he and Riaolas conduct, we are still a better side with him in the team and much closer to where we would like to be. We especially can not trust the Glazer's to release the funds needed to replace him and then trusting Woodward or Judge to get in Ole's preferred replacement would be another issue.

RedDevilzFox

Yes, he will stay for an astronomical contract. Surprise surprise!

Then watch fans blame Woodward a year down the road for giving him a "rooney/de gea/sanchez" contract at age 28 while Raoila tells us United as a club has no ambition and how we're lucky to have him.

Judas

Open to offers
I fully don't trust the club to spend the funds we'd get for Pogba on someone anywhere near his level. Just the thought of us selling him and sticking with VDB makes me feel seriously ill.

Zoo

Could help with any chance of getting Haaland if he’s on the market this summer.

Becks00

I fully don't trust the club to spend the funds we'd get for Pogba on someone anywhere near his level. Just the thought of us selling him and sticking with VDB makes me feel seriously ill.
This