Paul Pogba's focus

freeurmind

weak willed
So seeing Pogba's done a Sky Sports interview ahead of the Liverpool game:

Why is it that anytime we do anything relatively positive, Paul is doing the media rounds?
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the bigger Pogba defenders on here, I think he has the quality to drive us back to where we should be.

That being said, anytime we do anything remotely good, suddenly he's doing 100 interviews. It's always talk, talk , talk with him. And then usually followed by some dog crap performances.

He should be focusing on his football not being a media star.

The Original

There is already a thread on this!

Besides is it not patently obvious that he is simply fulfilling one part of his contractual obligations i.e, taking interviews with the media?

Do you not see the massive Manchester United logo?

Do you think he's sent them a request to do this interview??

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Why is it that anytime we do anything relatively positive, Paul is doing the media rounds?
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the bigger Pogba defenders on here, I think he has the quality to drive us back to where we should be.

That being said, anytime we do anything remotely good, suddenly he's doing 100 interviews. It's always talk, talk , talk with him. And then usually followed by some dog crap performances.

I agree. If he really wants to leave at the end of the season he should just shut up and keep up the good performances and leave on a good note. He’s never played well at Liverpool so he shouldn’t be talking about other players levels. He’s a big part of the reason the team hasn’t settled faster and we’ve been paying him top wages for EL level performances over the last few years. Just get on with it and stop jinxing it man!

Last edited:

UmbroDays

This thread is crazy.

There’s another one about the same video already and we’re heaping praise on Pogba.

Dude can’t do anything right.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
In fairness to him it's probably because they are more likely to interview him before games when he's playing well. They do the same with any other player.

We've seen him play well for a month or4-6 weeks here and there before and it's always fizzled out, so we just have to hope he can sustain it this time. Or failing that at least not let his off form performances drop to such a low level.

One thing I have noticed is his discipline in games has been a lot better than I can ever remember it being. Some of the recent games his defensive work has been as good as his play on the ball which is encouraging.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Wait does the OP think Pogba requested to do this interview himself and that the club and sky together didn't decide it would be him to do it?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

This interview was organised by Sky Sports and Manchester United as part of the pre-match build up. Hence all the United gear and background. This happens before every big Sky Sports game. This is not an agent leaking something to the press interview or a random instagram live.

He'sRaldo

This thread is crazy.

There’s another one about the same video already and we’re heaping praise on Pogba.

Dude can’t do anything right.
True, there are so many Pogba threads and they all generally talk about the same thing.

No idea why we need so many of them.

Silas

Wait does the OP think Pogba requested to do this interview himself and that the club and sky together didn't decide it would be him to do it?
Exactly, it's such a stupid complaint.

RedDevil@84

Because it seems to create so much interest among some fans, who may go and create posts about it on caf :D :D

Because media is in the attention grabbing business.

TheLittleOne

C'mon this is ridiculous.. I'm a big Pogba critic, but its not like he went to sky asking "do you want to interview me". they asked him for an interview and he probably just had time and of course, why not.
Sure, he probably always has his brand in mind and being present is nice, but that's fair play i think in this case.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
@freeurmind How miserable must you be to open a thread to spout that nonsense? Whilst we're top of the league in our best period for years too.

I notice you haven't quoted anything he said in that video, you can't as there's nothing negative to attack him with within it. Just pure agenda.

Like Pogba said about dealing with these kinds of comments "thank you, I thank them always, because they make me work even harder to change their opinion".

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Obviously desperate to be a part of a successful team. Found it quite interesting that he said he doesn't care if it's left, right, striker, whatever, just to be playing and not on the bench. A 180 turn right there.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Manchester United sets up these press interviews, Pogba only exists in the covid bubble and does as the club instructs him when it comes to club business.

So your question should rather be: Why is Manchester United telling Paul Pogba to do interviews?

This is a very weird thing to accuse him of. Do you think he calls Sky Sports and asks if they can come talk to him?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Just reading this....you’re definitely not one of the bigger Pogba defenders.....by all means make the thread....spout the shite you need to spout...but don’t lie ffs

Lewnited

Do people really think that players organise these interviews themselves? :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Again, so basically people are watching that interview and managing to decide it is a negative?

lex talionis

We really don’t need to pound on our players who have been in fine form recently, in the days leading up to a massive fixture at Anfield.

If Pogba drops a turd, then by all means let’s pound on him.