Paul Scholes | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMojo

Was bought his 'autobiography' for Christmas, read it while the kettle was on.

Highlights include:

He doesn't care about his hair.
Multiple quips about his age.
He was actually a bit of a chubster until the '98 World Cup
He didn't know what Spag Bol was until he was 20.

The only real insight was his attitude towards international games. He liked Sven and he had no problem paying on the left of midfield. He just didn't like being away, never felt he performed and was actually somewhat relieved when they were knocked out of tournaments.

Keltoi

Paul Scholes signs up for 300-mile charity bike ride, same day as champions league final

United star Paul Scholes has signed up for a 300-mile charity bike ride – which will take place at the SAME time as the Champions League final.

The footballer has agreed to take part in the ride from Malaga to Gibraltar in May.

It will start on May 23 and is expected to take four days which means it would clash with the Champions League final at Wembley on May 25.

And it is either a clear sign that Scholes does not think the Reds will make it as far as the final – or if they do he will not be in the team.

United face Spanish giants Real Madrid in the last 16 of the competition – with Jose Mourinho’s men tipped by bookmakers to win the battle.

But if the Old Trafford club make it all the way to the final it would leave Scholes potentially having to pull out of the cycle ride.

If he does make it to the start line, Scholes will be joined by Coronation Street actor Keith Duffy and Olympic cyclist Jess Varnish and her Fallowfield-based BMX champion boyfriend Liam Phillips, who both represented Team GB at London 2012 and train at the Velodrome.

The money raised will go towards the Hearts and Minds Challenge charity’s bid to raise £1m to build an autism school of excellence in Greater Manchester. Both Scholes and Duffy, who are patrons of the charity, have a personal reason to take part – Scholes’ youngest son, Aiden, has autism and Duffy’s daughter, Mia, also has the condition.

The school will initially provide education for 25 pupils, aged three to 11.

An on-site occupational therapist and two speech and language therapists will work closely with the children.

The centre will also provide family counselling, training for parents and for emergency services personnel on the best way to approach autistic people.

Cheadle-based Jess, 22, said: “We now want to rally as many people as possible to join us on the charity ride, and help us fund a new school that will transform the lives of autistic children in Manchester.”

Michael Stewart, whose 10-year-old son Harrison has autism, is also taking part.

Michael, an estate agent from Rochdale, said: “Harrison started to struggle towards the end of his time at the school.

“It has been very difficult to get any help for him and a new school would be a wonderful thing for Greater Manchester.”

Anyone interested in taking part in the bike ride, or sponsoring it, should visit heartsandmindschallenge.org
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ll-join-bmx-star-1239888#.UQFZdj_YS18.twitter

Im hoping this was just a lapse in memory on Paul's part!

kps88

Non story. He'll just pull out of the race if we do reach the final.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His form hasn't been great recently, but the passing has still been top notch (bar the last game). He's not able to play well week in week out but I'm sure we'll see a few maestro performances from him this season.

It's difficult to say, only half a year ago the general consensus was Scholes would play longer than Giggs - now that Giggs looks like 25 years old it's the other way round.

Nathan

Only the player and the manager know what is likely to happen at the end of the season. I think he should play on for another season.

Comsmit

Only the player and the manager know what is likely to happen at the end of the season. I think he should play on for another season.
If he is barely contributing to the collective then he really shouldn't. We all love Scholes but there must be a time when enough is enough. I just can't see him providing the necessary contribution for another season.

Giggs appears to be different....everything is still effortless.

SER19

he hasnt been on his best form recently but we should all remember giggs was taking some awful abuse for the first couple of months of the season while van persie was publicly lauding scholes as their game changer. someone mentioned it in another thread,some act like if youre less than 30 bad form means bad form, if youre more than 30 youre nearing the end. hes in a bad patch of form and one sub appearance against fulham doesnt mean hes lost a god given gift of passing.whatever his form this season his passing has been immaculate apart from fulham. childish to suggest thats a sign of anything more than a bad game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
With a few players needing to be registered next season, I doubt we'd want to keep a player in Scholes who very rarely plays.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
With a few players needing to be registered next season, I doubt we'd want to keep a player in Scholes who very rarely plays.
Can understand your thoughts behind this, but lets be fair, a lot rests on PS at end of season, he hasn't said he is staying yet has he? If anything, I think its more likely Giggs will play on a bit further than Scholes IMO, still, time will tell

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Manchester United's Paul Scholes has car stolen from outside his house

Thieves stole a top-of-the-range 4x4 owned by Manchester United's Paul Scholes as he defrosted the windscreen, sources have confirmed.

The footballer left the engine running to melt ice on his grey Chevrolet Captiva Estate while it was parked on his driveway and went back inside his home in Oldham, Greater Manchester. When he returned, the car had been stolen.

The incident happened yesterday morning between 7.45am and 8am, Greater Manchester Police said. A spokesman said: "Police are investigating after a car was stolen while the owner was defrosting the vehicle. The grey Chevrolet Estate was stolen from the drive of a house in the Greenfield area of Oldham between 7.45am and 8am on Monday 28 January 2013. Inquiries to locate the car are ongoing."

Police urged drivers not to leave their cars running and unattended while defrosting as it only takes a thief a few seconds to steal the vehicle.

Scholes, 38, has played his entire professional career at Manchester United, making more than 700 appearances for the club. He has also made 66 appearances for England scoring 14 goals.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/29/manchester-united-paul-scholes-car-stolen

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's not a one off.
Considering he has a pass success rate of about 92% this season, I'm pretty sure it was just a one off.

I will say the same thing about Scholes that I said about Giggs earlier this season when everyone was on his back... Paul Scholes will, at some point, contribute significantly to us winning a game of football in this second half of the season.

Brophs

The One and Only
Scholesy playing his part as a company man by taking a Chevrolet.

Brophs

The One and Only
Don't forget his tasteful yet expensive mansion is decorated using Kansai Paint.

LR7

No doubt he had Mamee noodles and a glass of Wahaha for his dinner last night too.

Adebesi

I once saw him in PC World with a very anguished expression on his face. I looked closer and saw he was standing by a selection of printers. He appeared to be most interested in two in particular: one was Epson, the other Toshiba. He looked genuinely at a loss as to which he should procure, given both esteemed companies are official United partners.

I walked over to him and said, as gently and soothingly as I could: "Paul, I would go with Epson, mate."

"Better quality?" he asked, grateful of the assistance in his hour of need.

"No," I replied. "Its just that Epson are the official office supplies sponsor. Whereas Toshiba are for medical supplies. Are your printing needs medical in nature, Paul?"

"No," said he. "It is for the kids, mostly. For school, and for the wife to print out her discount vouchers."

"Epson it is then," I said.

Whereupon he picked up the box, nodded his head in thanks and proceeded to the cash register to pay.

Salt of the earth company man, is Mr Scholes.

Brophs

The One and Only
I once saw him in PC World with a very anguished expression on his face. I looked closer and saw he was standing by a selection of printers. He appeared to be most interested in two in particular: one was Epson, the other Toshiba. He looked genuinely at a loss as to which he should procure, given both esteemed companies are official United partners.

I walked over to him and said, as gently and soothingly as I could: "Paul, I would go with Epson, mate."

"No," I replied. "Its just that Epson are the official office supplies sponsor. Whereas Toshiba are for medical supplies. Are your printing needs medical in nature, Paul?"

"No," said he. "It is for the kids, mostly. For school, and for the wife to print out her discount vouchers."

Whereupon he picked up the box, nodded his head in thanks and proceeded to the cash register to pay.

:lol:

Good stuff.

steeeb

:lol: Quality.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Brilliant! I've bumped into a few United and ex United players randomly but would love to meet Scholes, just would be a humbling experience.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Brilliant story... especially the bit in bold!

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah. That was the bit that told me that Simon, like many of us, has to listen to his missus endlessly banging on about fecking Groupon.

I'm always right

MANCHESTER United ace Paul Scholes was left red-faced today - after his car was stolen as he was defrosting it.
The thief struck after the midfield maestro left the keys in the ignition of his Chevrolet Estate on the drive of his luxury home.
The married dad-of-three, 38, called cops after going back inside his mansion on the outskirts of Oldham, Greater Manchester.
When he came outside, the car was gone from his drive.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: “Police are investigating after a car was stolen while the owner was defrosting the vehicle.
“The grey Chevrolet Estate was stolen from the drive of a house in the Greenfield area of Oldham between 7.45am and 8am on Monday 28 January 2013. Inquiries to locate the car are ongoing.”
All United players were given a car by Chevrolet after the American car giant struck a £357million sponsorship deal with the club last year.
Most players plumped for the 198mph Corvette model but manager Sir Alex Ferguson intervened and banned players under 23 from having a sporty model.
Chevrolet will appear on United’s shirts at the start of the 2014-15 season.
In 2007, a gang of knife-wielding raiders stole Scholes’ parent’s car after smashing their way into their home in Middleton, Greater Manchester.

Afterwards, his dad Stewart, 50, said: “My wife went down to confront them. She screamed at me and I ran down to see them waving knives.
“They were shouting what they were going to do if I didn’t give them the car keys, so I just said, ’There’s the keys, leave us alone’.”
Scholes was said to be “disgusted” by the raid.
Police have warned motorists to look out for opportunistic thieves while they are defrosting their cars during cold weather.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...red-faced-after-car-stolen.html#ixzz2JN8LvnDf
His Dad had him when he was TWELVE YEARS OLD :eek::eek:

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I love Scholes he's a legend but he has very much become a half season player. In the year that he retired he had a fantastic August and September and towards the second half of the season his performances started to wane that I'd been saying it was time for him to retire.

He came out of retirement and had been fantastic last season having had so much time out of the game but now were seeing parallels to the season he retired. He started out fantastic but again his form is dipping and he doesn't have the legs to keep carrying through. I'd play him in a midfield 3 as he still has magnificent feet and vision but I don't think he has the legs to cut it in a midfield 2 anymore.

I do think this season needs to be his last, he's a club legend but its time for us to move forward and look to the future.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
love Scholes. how anyone could do this to that man I've no idea.

surprised me though that the car wasn't in his garage. surely a man in his position would have a 2 or 3 car garage?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I suppose I'm lazy. I'd rather park it inside so I don't need to clear the dew off it in the mornings, or have it roasting hot in the summer.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
love Scholes. how anyone could do this to that man I've no idea.

surprised me though that the car wasn't in his garage. surely a man in his position would have a 2 or 3 car garage?
He is in rented accommodation whilst he has his house extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.