Paul Scholes: Give Ole Until The End Of The Season

Flexdegea

Persistent individual feck ups are definitely on the manager. These are supposed to be elite players who play at the highest level and who more often than not play very well for their respective countries. I'd expect the odd feck up from even the most reliable of players, but to expect a series of them pretty much every game is a damning indication on how they've been coached IMO.

Same way persistent individual brilliance is on the manager too, strong indication of how they are being coached..........I'm I doing this right?

matsdf

Persistent individual feck ups are definitely on the manager. These are supposed to be elite players who play at the highest level and who more often than not play very well for their respective countries. I'd expect the odd feck up from even the most reliable of players, but to expect a series of them pretty much every game is a damning indication on how they've been coached IMO.
Then persistent individual brilliance should be on the manager as well...

Kaos

Same way persistent individual brilliance is on the manager too, strong indication of how they are being coached..........I'm I doing this right?
Then persistent individual brilliance should be on the manager as well...
Not really. The fact we have to constantly rely on moments of individual brilliance to bail us out is also a poor indication on the manager. The best coaches tend not to tailor their gameplans on hoping their best players score absolute worldies, while we spend the remainder of the gaming looking bereft of ideas.

Persistent defensive feck ups are definitely an indication we're being organised poorly by the coaching staff.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't know why people have issues with what Scholes said. It's the same shit we're all saying in this very forum!

It's a good win considering the circumstances we were in but we should have never even been in that position at home against a team 6th in the league missing half their first team players and losing a defender to injury :lol:

It has put a plaster on our broken leg.

People like Rio probably celebrating it like we've won the World Cup yesterday night whereas Scholes is seeing the longer play here, and that is that if we continue to serve up shit like that first half, most teams won't give you a route back in.

They're is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Scholes is from a time where United were serial winners and beating a team like Atalanta was probably bread and butter stuff to players like him.

He is refusing to celebrate mediocre and wants untied to be battling Liverpool, not shaking in their boots in prep for the weekend, which we all are, if we're being totally honest.

Us fans will celebrate the win but this guy, like Keane and many others see things differently and that's understandable.

Someone said above that Scholes will only be happy when United are at the top... Of course! When he played for us, we were always at the top so is that so surprising?

Flexdegea

Not really. The fact we have to constantly rely on moments of individual brilliance to bail us out is also a poor indication on the manager. The best coaches tend not to tailor their gameplans on hoping their best players score absolute worldies, while we spend the remainder of the gaming looking bereft of ideas.

Persistent defensive feck ups are definitely an indication we're being organised poorly by the coaching staff.

So basically you just making stuff up then to suit what you saying :lol:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I think people are reading too much into Scholes' comments. He's never been the most eloquent of pundits. That's how he always expresses his mind, whether he tears into LvG or lets rip at Mourinho. Don't forget that both previous managers felt the need to pick up the gauntlet and respond to his punditry.

He didn't even change his tune that much from what he was saying at half-time. He didn't exactly call the comeback, he argued that it was a very open game in the first half that could go either way in the second. Which is exactly how i was feeling at the moment: Gasperini was never going to park the bus to protect a lead and we also seemed able to go up a gear or two, if we managed to get our act together. I was thinking that, if we scored in the first 15-20 minutes of the second half, we could turn this around. At the same time, if Atalanta were to go 3-0 up, it could turn into bloodbath for us.

What Scholes said at full-time was that we can't make a meal out of each game week in and week out. There are better teams than Atalanta out there, teams that can exploit our weaknesses and also do it with fewer chances than the Italians. There are also teams who, when going up 1/2-0 against us, they'll immediately revert to a much more pragmatic and cynical approach. All in all, it's great that, despite all our recent troubles, we can go out on the pitch and produce such a tremendous comeback. But the amount of times the players and the managers are forced to search very deep to come up with the right answers can be alarming too. It's nice when it happens every once in a while, but you can't expect to constantly live on the edge and always come up trumps.

laughtersassassin

If things go have they have been going giving to the end of the season would be mental.

If we pick up six or more points from Liverpool Spurs City then he will have earned a bit more time.

Essentially should be treated like he is on a probationary period.

LuckyScout78

Yeah if it meant to happen that way.

First he was suppose to be caretaker and interim. So you never know. He might end up before Christmas.

Want factor is one thing. But meant to happen factor is another.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Persistent individual brilliance is also on the manager?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't know why people have issues with what Scholes said. It's the same shit we're all saying in this very forum!

It's a good win considering the circumstances we were in but we should have never even been in that position at home against a team 6th in the league missing half their first team players and losing a defender to injury :lol:

It has put a plaster on our broken leg.

People like Rio probably celebrating it like we've won the World Cup yesterday night whereas Scholes is seeing the longer play here, and that is that if we continue to serve up shit like that first half, most teams won't give you a route back in.

They're is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Scholes is from a time where United were serial winners and beating a team like Atalanta was probably bread and butter stuff to players like him.

He is refusing to celebrate mediocre and wants untied to be battling Liverpool, not shaking in their boots in prep for the weekend, which we all are, if we're being totally honest.

Us fans will celebrate the win but this guy, like Keane and many others see things differently and that's understandable.

Someone said above that Scholes will only be happy when United are at the top... Of course! When he played for us, we were always at the top so is that so surprising?
How you can say something like that with a straigh face is genuinely beyond me.

Roboc7

Rio made a good point though.

People saying that Individual brilliance is about the player, but individual feckup is about the manager.

That seems a bit hypocritical.
Individual errors/brilliance aren’t on the manager, the fact we still have no plan and look a total shambles after 3 years in the job most definitely is though.

The best point made was about work rate, supposedly Ole was going to make the players fitter and work harder but it’s as bad as it’s ever been. Either he’s given up, doesn’t know how to do it or the players don’t listen to him. Whatever the answer is its not good enough and it’s not going to change if Ole continues.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Considering we won and he still called out the performance and put everything into perspective, he clearly sees past the score. He’s not the most flamboyant guy but he knows what a winning team looks like and we’re way off the pace.
vv
Well, not really. For Scholes, because United went 0-2 down at home to Atalanta, and weren’t winning until after the 80th minute, nothing positive could be gleaned from the performance. Rewatching the first half, it was almost the opposite of what we usually see from United: balance was better, United were getting majority of chances, but the moments (for once) all broke the other way.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

He scores goals, my Lord,
He scores goals!
He scores goals!
He scores goals!
Paul Scholes - he scores goals
All these years I was singing, “he scores goals galore, he scores goals”

Revan

Assumptionman
Individual errors/brilliance aren’t on the manager, the fact we still have no plan and look a total shambles after 3 years in the job most definitely is though.

The best point made was about work rate, supposedly Ole was going to make the players fitter and work harder but it’s as bad as it’s ever been. Either he’s given up, doesn’t know how to do it or the players don’t listen to him. Whatever the answer is its not good enough and it’s not going to change if Ole continues.
Depends if they are happening occasionally (in which case not), or regularly (in which case yes).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Based on what? Not performances
The squad. We finished comfortably top 4 last season. I know Liverpool were shit and Chelsea had struggles but at the same time, Ole has had much more time with the squad now and we got in Varane, Sancho and bloody Ronaldo.

If we are the same level as Atalanta, that is bloody worrying.

davidmichael

As much as I believe Ole needs to be replaced the reality is that until we’re mathematically unable to get a top four place Ole will remain in charge so we’re most likely stuck with him until the end of the season.

Giggsyking

As much as I believe Ole needs to be replaced the reality is that until we’re mathematically unable to get a top four place Ole will remain in charge so we’re most likely stuck with him until the end of the season.
That rule does not exist, Jose was booted in December where we had a chance of getting into top 4.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Plenty of posters with feet in their mouths now.