Paul Scholes: Give Ole Until The End Of The Season

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I just hope all these ex united players stay away from commenting on club matters. Great footballers but thick otherwise.

Ludens the Red

Sure, Easy to read it that way now but we didn’t need to start the way we did, the last game shouldn’t dictate the next, that was the point made at the time.
It was easy to read on Wednesday too hence why Scholes said it.
Football isn’t magic, the last game does dictate the next. That’s why Liverpool are Liverpool and Newcastle are Newcastle.

The same way it was easy to read two years ago, a year ago, last week and today that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not anywhere near the required standard to manage this football club. Yet you and many others spent years and months, telling people they were talking shit with your smug threads and top red propaganda. With your complete inability to see the bigger picture or analyse shit staring you in the face.

But here you fecking go, here’s your ole ran United. Enjoy it….

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sure, Easy to read it that way now but we didn’t need to start the way we did, the last game shouldn’t dictate the next, that was the point made at the time.
That’s bizarre. So form doesn’t matter in football?

Paxi

:lol:

At least you've cheered me up.

I'm glad I'm off out as this place is gonna be mental after this game.
Yeah I decided to drink yesterday so glad now. It would have been carnage.

RUCK4444

It was easy to read on Wednesday too hence why Scholes said it.
Football isn’t magic, the last game does dictate the next. That’s why Liverpool are Liverpool and Newcastle are Newcastle.

The same way it was easy to read two years ago, a year ago, last week and today that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not anywhere near the required standard to manage this football club. Yet you and many others spent years and months, telling people they were talking shit with your smug threads and top red propaganda. With your complete inability to see the bigger picture or analyse shit staring you in the face.

But here you fecking go, here’s your ole ran United. Enjoy it….
Man the feck up, stop sounding like a baby and stop blaming me :lol:

I’ve never created a single thread in all my time here for a start pal.

Scholes two drastically different reactions, the one and half time and the one at full time we’re odd and what prompted the replies it got.

RUCK4444

That’s bizarre. So form doesn’t matter in football?
It does but the way you approach a game and different opposition varies, he spoke specifically of the first half being open and disjointed, it didn’t need to be today.

Multiple posters mentioned that at the time along with Rio. His odd reaction at full time compared to the one at half time is what prompted replies more than what he was saying.

Paxi

It does but the way you approach a game and different opposition varies, he spoke specifically of the first half being open and disjointed, it didn’t need to be today.

Multiple posters mentioned that at the time along with Rio. His odd reaction at full time compared to the one at half time is what prompted replies more than what he was saying.
But we looked like that against Villarreal, Leicester and Atalanta. Everything was pointing to this and now it has came to fruition.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They are actually aiming to break records against us. They're not going to stop, and we can't do anything about it.

Rufen Sie die Polizei!

Ludens the Red

Man the feck up, stop sounding like a baby and stop blaming me :lol:

I’ve never created a single thread in all my time here for a start pal.

Scholes two drastically different reactions, the one and half time and the one at full time we’re odd and what prompted the replies it got.
Who’s blaming you? :lol: I’m not an ole inner. I’m aware things posted on the cafe don’t effect what goes on on the pitch.
And I didn’t spectacular mean you with the thread making. Though I respect that you’re still at least posting and haven’t gone into hiding like a few others.

OmarUnited4ever

he was right, he had that dreadful look on his face when he thought about what would happen if we played like that, he was genuinely worried and....

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Gary Neville deserves to be commentating today. It’s poetic.

VivaRonaldo85

I respect our past players but at this point, I have no time for their opinion on this management structure. Emotion blurring realism

RUCK4444

Who’s blaming you? :lol: I’m not an ole inner. I’m aware things posted on the cafe don’t effect what goes on on the pitch.
And I didn’t spectacular mean you with the thread making. Though I respect that you’re still at least posting and haven’t gone into hiding like a few others.
There’s no denying this season has been a step backward.

In the absence of managers I’d really like us to go for I’ve been patient with Ole provided there was forward progression season on season, although slow progression. I’ve maintained I would reevaluate if we go backwards, it seems we are.

Id rather we go the Ten Hag route instead of Conte though. But not sure how much time a manager like Ten Hag would be given.

Zoo

Scholes told The Overlap : "I think he deserves a chance. If you think about the last three or four years about where United had been, it has been shocking, hasn't it? It had not been great to watch before he came.​
"It has took him two or three years to build a squad where we think the pieces are there to the puzzle, it's just getting them in that right organisation.​
"There was a lot of excitement at the start of the season after four or five games; they beat Newcastle (4-1) and beat Leeds (5-1) and the last two games have been disappointing.​
"But I think he deserves a chance. He has built a squad where he should be given a year, at least this season, to show that he can manage that and win trophies."​

Im with Scholes - Ole has done more than enough in the last 2 seasons to get a chance to turn around this run of poor form.
After all we started last season even worse and he proved many of the doubters wrong by getting 2nd place in the end.

Of course, if we keep losing matches then he wont last the year and neither should he, but its early days this season. Ole has pulled out big results when he needed them the most, and a win next weekend puts us 1 point behind Liverpool, so its far from the lost cause that many are making out.
So a week later where do you stand now?

Greck

Imagine attacking Scholes for employing reasonable foresight on an opinion. Went on a victory lap and dismissed issues that would put Ole's job under even more scrutiny less than a week later. If you wanted to back Ole you would have been better off acknowledging there were issues and wanting Ole to improve off the back of some very reasonable criticism. Some downright thickskulled cretins.

Says a lot about how deep in sand one needs their head buried to think Ole is beyond doubt.

BlueHaze

One step closer to OUT but not there yet
If after todays performance you are still not out, I'm not sure you ever will be.

If there was ever a single game during his entire tenure that highlighted why he needs to go it was today. I'd wager if that was Jose or LVG you'd been wanting a change. Am I right or wrong?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
When we play the same way and get carved open by average teams game after game and the management refuse to see or change it, it is also easy to say it before the game and at the moment the last game is very much dictating the next.

If you see someone run head first into a brick wall 10 times in a row, it is easy to dictate that they will probably do it an 11th time and the wall will probably still not fall down.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
One step closer to OUT but not there yet
Are you sure?

That was quite possibly and legitimately both the worst result and performance in our modern history...and not only that but it was entirely predictable, entirely because our manager's ineptness has become entirely predictable.

If you have a squad that allows you to leave Sancho, Cavani and Pogba on the bench, then really any defeat prior to achieving success should be bringing questions about your managerial ability. We're not talking about that. We're talking about a situation where we lose 5-0 at home and it's barely even a surprise. The fact this situation exists in the first place is as damming a verdict as there will ever be for any united manager.

At no point under Moyes, Lvg or Jose would I have expected something as bad as that. Today I did because it wasn't really any worse than anything else we've served up recently

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If after todays performance you are still not out, I'm not sure you ever will be.

If there was ever a single game during his entire tenure that highlighted why he needs to go it was today. I'd wager if that was Jose or LVG you'd been wanting a change. Am I right or wrong?
Wrong - I'm generally against sacking managers midseason

I said Ole gets until International Break minimum and stand by it

RUCK4444

When we play the same way and get carved open by average teams game after game and the management refuse to see or change it, it is also easy to say it before the game and at the moment the last game is very much dictating the next.

If you see someone run head first into a brick wall 10 times in a row, it is easy to dictate that they will probably do it an 11th time and the wall will probably still not fall down.
Feck sake. What people including myself were pointing out, more then what he actually said, was the way he changed from passive and relatively positive at 2-0 down at half time to completely dejected and miserable after we won 3-2. It was just odd, almost like he was frustrated we turned it around.

In hindsight he’s right yes but we didn’t play this badly last season, as Gary pointed out tonight, we don’t need to continue how we started against Atalanta, but yes we did.

peridigm

Are you sure?

That was quite possibly and legitimately both the worst result and performance in our modern history...and not only that but it was entirely predictable, entirely because our manager's ineptness has become entirely predictable.

If you have a squad that allows you to leave Sancho, Cavani and Pogba on the bench, then really any defeat prior to achieving success should be bringing questions about your managerial ability. We're not talking about that. We're talking about a situation where we lose 5-0 at home and it's barely even a surprise. The fact this situation exists in the first place is as damming a verdict as there will ever be for any united manager.

At no point under Moyes, Lvg or Jose would I have expected something as bad as that. Today I did because it wasn't really any worse than anything else we've served up recently
Let's hope the board shares your viewpoint.

Flytan

Is that more to protect the interim/new manager or do you think if he wins a game or two he deserves to stay? Also is midseason" just "until we're essentially eliminated from top 4"? I don't get the logic in waiting.

BlueHaze

I can understand why you are but sometimes it just simply has to happen.

The more time he gets means even top 4 will be in danger.

Things just cannot keep going on like this we need a change.

Skills

Snitch

And you have a podcast?

Must be like getting a physics lecture from a kindergarten teacher. Fairplay if some mugs listen to it.

BlueHaze

And you have a podcast?

Must be like getting a physics lecture from a kindergarten teacher. Fairplay if some mugs listen to it.
No man, no need for that, keep it respectful even if you disagree with him mate.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Feck sake. What people including myself were pointing out, more then what he actually said, was the way he changed from passive and relatively positive at 2-0 down at half time to completely dejected and miserable after we won 3-2. It was just odd, almost like he was frustrated we turned it around.

In hindsight he’s right yes but we didn’t play this badly last season, as Gary pointed out tonight, we don’t need to continue how we started against Atalanta, but yes we did.
I'm not sure what your point is. He probably got angry in the second half that clearly we shouldn't be 2-0 down in the first place if we can so easily outplay the opponent.

It doesn't matter what we NEED to do. Norwich didn't need to lose 7-0 to Chelsea and we didn't need to play like we did against Atalanta either, but it was obvious we would because we never address any of the issues with our performances. I don't get what the point would be here?

Honestly what were you expecting to happen today? We'd just magically stop letting the opposition carve through us even though it's happened literally every game this season without being sorted out? I completely agreed with Scholes on Wednesday and bug surprise the obvious things he pointed out turned out to be correct

Skills

Snitch
No man, no need for that, keep it respectful even if you disagree with him mate.
I'm hardly being disrespectful. I kinda get it as well - with the things like podcasts, you need a niche because the competition is quite intense. So you try and standout with some bizarre stances (see Skip Bayless).

But in my opinion, if at this point you're still genuinely still arguing Ole in - I don't think your footballing opinions hold any weight. It's my personal litmus test of basic footballing knowledge. Like I wouldn't bother listening to anything on space/physics who's a flat earther. They're well within their right to have that opinion, but I don't think it has any credibility.