Paul Scholes resigns as Oldham manager | Ole invites him to Carrington

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The owner is supposed to interfere a lot, Scholes said when he took the job that he wasn't expecting interference after the interview process. My guess is that's what he is alluding to.
That or he's getting spanked every game and wanted an easy way out.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Seems like football management is a bit more difficult than talking shite on TV. Who could have possibly imagined?

Oggmonster

The problem they all made in slagging off the likes of LVG and Jose is that they do just look stupid now even if there is a valid reason for leaving.

I'm sure Jose etc had restrictions and problems with our board as well but Scholes and the like never gave them any defence like that. By being such an outspoken pundit then going in to management after you can end up looking a bit of an idiot really. At least people like Souness did it the other way round.

Why? If you're promised something in a job role, you're perfectly entitled to resign if you aren't given it.
Course you are but then being a pundit you seemingly will get judged more now as you've done the same to others.

CM10

It's a convenient excuse. I expect he chose to jump before he was pushed.

Castia

What an absolute farce.

He’s a club legend and great player but I don’t want to see him on punditry again he’s fecking awful.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why? If you're promised something in a job role, you're perfectly entitled to resign if you aren't given it.
If every manager did that then no club would have a manager. Obviously we don't have the full details but managers get promised things all the time and they don't get them. A big attribute of a top manager is working through that and still getting results.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
You're able to edit the title of your own threads if you wish :) Thread Tools > Edit Thread top right
I didn't realise it was my own thread :lol: :lol:

Castia

All that shit he spoke about Jose.....he better stay away from tv for awhile. Let’s be honest he’s a terrible pundit and even worse manager.

Sylar

All that shit he spoke about Jose.....he better stay away from tv for awhile. Let’s be honest he’s a terrible pundit and even worse manager.
Although most of what he said, a lot of people agreed with.

sean9988

having quite a few work mates who support oldham, the chairman likes to pick the team!.. never going to end well.

Oggmonster

Although most of what he said, a lot of people agreed with.
They did towards the end. There has always been a tinge of resentment it seems from Scholes in particular about how Giggs didn't walk in to the United job and how Jose didn't have him working for him.

I never really warmed to Jose either and I do think Scholes was right what he was saying but he was very critical of a manger and has now jacked at the first opportunity of something getting tough.

Mourinho apparently wanted certain players in the summer and didn't get them but he did try and carry on, Scholes can't say the same here.

United fans are fecking worst.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being critical if there is a reason behind it, I don't dislike Scholes at all but he has been left with egg on his face a bit here.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Hahahahahaha.

Now do one from our television screens, pal. You did nothing but undermine the last two United managers because of your CO92 agenda and now you’ve made a tit of yourself whilst trying your own stint in the dugout.

Beautiful.

Inter Yer Nan

Hahahahahaha.

Now do one from our television screens, pal. You did nothing but undermine the last two United managers because of your CO92 agenda and now you’ve made a tit of yourself whilst trying your own stint in the dugout.

Beautiful.
He wasn't wrong though, was he? The last two managers were shite. I'm sure he's more glowing when talking about the job Ole is doing.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What the absolute feck is wrong with people here! He's one of our greatest ever players ffs. Its sickening to see our fans rejoice at a failed stint by one of our greats. Has that cancer divided our fan base so much that we wish failure on our former players!

Hope he comes back to management soon enough and proves himself to be as good a manager as he was a player

Inter Yer Nan

Scholes is my favorite football player of all-time but I didn't really have the feeling he'd make a top manager. I also don't think he's cut out for punditry as he isn't Mr.Personality but he's passionate about the club and was one of our greatest ever players and having being around the greatest manager and the clubs greatest period he's entitled to have his opinion. I find it bizarre him being crucified by our own fans.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He wasn't wrong though, was he? The last two managers were shite. I'm sure he's more glowing when talking about the job Ole is doing.
He wasn’t entirely wrong, no, but his incessant criticisms certainly didn’t help matters at Old Trafford. He was sniping at Pogba and others as well, whilst keeping it zipped about the English players at United or the lads he’d played with. All in all, it just came across as agenda-driven nonsense and now he’s made a fool of himself with this Oldham stint. Good enough for him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nobody hates the class of 92 like united fans it seems.
I'm gutted it didn't work out for him, because he really cares about Oldham and it would have been nice to have more greater Manchester teams performing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
United fans are genuinely the worst. People are enjoying Scholes failure because he criticized Jose on the TV

beedoubleyou

Only here would Manchester United fans jump to the side of an owner of a club they've probably never heard of over, arguably, their best ever player.

You're using the word embarrassing wrong.

Andy_Cole

Nobody hates the class of 92 like united fans it seems.
I'm gutted it didn't work out for him, because he really cares about Oldham and it would have been nice to have more greater Manchester teams performing.
Feel the same.