Paul Scholes resigns as Oldham manager | Ole invites him to Carrington

Zoo

Him and Neville might want to wind their necks in a little.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
United fans are genuinely the worst. People are enjoying Scholes failure because he criticized Jose on the TV

Our fans are the worst but not because of this. He undermined the last two managers on TV. When do you see the dippers do that to Klopp, they didnt even do it much with Rodgers. I wouldnt have a problem with Scholesy if it wasnt for his constant criticism of LVG and Jose, there is no way he helped matters at all. As a player he is unrivaled but as a pundit he leaves a lot to be desired.

USREDEVIL

United fans are genuinely the worst. People are enjoying Scholes failure because he criticized Jose on the TV
That's too simplistic. He was sniping at the players and acting if they are garbage or didn't care. Meanwhile as we now know, it was Mourinho's terrible tactics that were holding many of them back. He's a big boy. If he can dish it out he can take it himself. Nobody is "happy" he failed, we're just commenting on the irony of it all and having a bit of a laugh.

dogwithabone

Must be a culture shock to him. Imagine travelling down to somewhere like Yeovil on a standard coach, kipping in a 3 star hotel and then getting drubbed 4-0 - and travelling back home.

SnowRoll

Nobody hates the class of 92 like united fans it seems.
I'm gutted it didn't work out for him, because he really cares about Oldham and it would have been nice to have more greater Manchester teams performing.
This

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hahahahahaha.

Now do one from our television screens, pal. You did nothing but undermine the last two United managers because of your CO92 agenda and now you’ve made a tit of yourself whilst trying your own stint in the dugout.

Beautiful.
Honestly where is this crap theory coming from.

I respect Scholes way more than someone like Neville who blindly defended our previous managers wasting the clubs money as well as match going fans. I can't believe our "fans" are actually happy this is happening to a club legend.

What's his crime? Saying Mourinho was shit?

JustinC00

There are retired football players than can do punditry , there are some retired football players that can manage and there are retired football players that should do neither. Hopefully Scholes will realize he is someone that should do neither

shamans

Our fans are the worst but not because of this. He undermined the last two managers on TV. When do you see the dippers do that to Klopp, they didnt even do it much with Rodgers. I wouldnt have a problem with Scholesy if it wasnt for his constant criticism of LVG and Jose, there is no way he helped matters at all. As a player he is unrivaled but as a pundit he leaves a lot to be desired.
They don't do it Klopp because Klopp has got them playing the best way since years. His constant criticism was justified. He cares for United like and didn't like seeing too cnuts managers messing the team.

If someone is anti Scholes because of this then just go support Madrid. You'll fit in well there. Read Marca everyday and support your team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
And both of those two fans were eventually sacked by the board after months of our fans criticising them which makes Scholes right to criticise them.

King.of.Red

I don't know, but I laughed when reading the news. Jose must be like me too.. :yawn:
Well, he is still one of my Man United's favourite players. A legend..

beedoubleyou

Him and Neville might want to wind their necks in a little.
You really think someone brave enough to try managing a team in League 2, or a failing team in a country where you don't speak the language should wind their neck in because it didn't work out?

You might want to have a critical look at yourself.

I took a look, and it's fecking ugly.

Inter Yer Nan

Indeed. Hate a legend because he criticized a manager who disrespected our entire history and "heritage" because he didn't have the guts to try and attack European heavyweight and serial champion league winner Sevilla.

KM

That's too simplistic. He was sniping at the players and acting if they are garbage or didn't care. Meanwhile as we now know, it was Mourinho's terrible tactics that were holding many of them back. He's a big boy. If he can dish it out he can take it himself. Nobody is "happy" he failed, we're just commenting on the irony of it all and having a bit of a laugh.
Yeah that's bullshit. Try reading the thread again and his comments again. Out of all our ex players, he was Jose's biggest and most ferocious critic.

Lemansky

Scholes is one of our own and a big legend of Man Utd. Laughing and ridiculing him for this is shambolic. No one knows the context of his resignation.

Him criticising Mourinho was spot on, his own experience at Oldham does not change that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can a mod create a ‘cnut’ badge for any member happy about this?
Yeah, it's a joke. 'Deserve it for all the shit he's been talking'. Posters on here can't wait to post shit about our ex players. All they've done is said what they think, which is all they're paid for.

And just because they've not been successful as manager doesn't mean they don't know anything. Management takes much more than knowledge, even in the real world, nevermind in sport.
On top of that, just because you aren't doing it yourself doesn't mean you can't judge and praise or criticise accordingly, especially when it comes to sport. We wouldn't have much of a football forum otherwise.

JohnnyKills

Surely he'd be a better coach than a manager? If he doesn't like speaking in public or making tough decisions coaching could be a great way forward.

He could even do what Bobby Charlton did and open schools for local kids.

shamans

He criticized the team under Mourinho. Fans like you got butt hurt and insecure. That's all there is.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
They don't do it Klopp because Klopp has got them playing the best way since years. His constant criticism was justified. He cares for United like and didn't like seeing too cnuts managers messing the team.

If someone is anti Scholes because of this then just go support Madrid. You'll fit in well there. Read Marca everyday and support your team.
Mature!

KM

Tweets by those who knew about the Oldham situation. Seems like the owner broke the promises but no let's laugh at the our legendary player because he criticized Jose.

pascell

Bit of an unexpected turn of events, something's happened which he clearly didn't sign up for. He's put his reputation on the line taking the job and he's resigned already, he's not even had a transfer window to create his own team. It's a shame really, I'd have kept an eye out on who he signed and how they played next season.

el3mel

Neville, Henry and Scholes. These pundits don't realize talking shite in media doesn't mean you're going to be a great manager. Time for the others to shut up in punditry.

KM

Seeing a United legend constantly question the clubs manager didnt help them did it?
Are you seriously suggesting that big personalities like Mourinho and LvG couldn't do their job properly because ex legends criticised them? Are you kidding here?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You really think someone brave enough to try managing a team in League 2, or a failing team in a country where you don't speak the language should wind their neck in because it didn't work out?

You might want to have a critical look at yourself.

I took a look, and it's fecking ugly.
Blimey, don't cry fella.

The guy simply pointed out those who dish the abuse as pundits and have found it's not quite as easy as they thought should perhaps remember that.

KM

Neville, Henry and Scholes. These pundits don't realize talking shite in media doesn't mean you're going to be a great manager. Time for the others to shut up in punditry.
That's a stupid logic.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let me get this straight. Our class of 92 criticized people that were driving us away from our values and traditions as a club. Then someone takes control of our club and re instills exactly what this class of 92 were crying for and proves them absolutely right.

Yet the forum still finds a way to dislike scholes and Neville? Weird lot

Web of Bissaka

Hopefully he would give a much better pundits/interview, being more understanding to managers, while still being honest giving say it as it is comments.

Just after 7 games managing is just embarrassing, resigning at that. Should've take better responsibility, management is hard, and try longer and harder. Maybe something happening behind the scene? idk, or maybe he just don't want to be sacked.

Still one of my top fav players.

mu4c_20le

:lol: oh boo hoo, the big bad scholes criticized dour faced Mourinho during his time here as well as some underperforming stars. Grow up people, that was his job ffs. Not to be a United sycophant.

Fridge chutney

I wouldn't mind a temporary ban. Cheering on the failure of an ex United Legend. How can you possibly be a part of this club with that.
Exactly my thoughts . Anyway Scholes was right about Mourinho in the end, which makes it bizarre to hang him on that opinion. And people forget just how dire and boring we were under LVG. Paul Scholes isn't perfect and maybe he's not a great pundit but he's a United legend, one of the greatest midfielders of all time, and was right about several things even if his delivery wasn't ideal.