Paul Scholes the pundit

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well the football is great at Old Trafford so I'm not sure what he's on about.

Canagel

His opinion isn't relevant anymore. You can only suspect it's jealousy at this point. Pogba won the world cup. Something Scholes never did. Put some respect on his name.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
His personal hatred of Pogba goes way back and he dislikes Mourinho for taking the job that was meant for Giggs. He will never be objective so long as they're still at the club.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Fantastic player, one of the best in the world on that position. But he is such a cnut as a pundit. Criticism and negativity all the time

Andy_Cole

Don’t know why the caf kick off so much about Scholes. He just echoes what most the negative caf says.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Don’t know why the caf kick off so much about Scholes. He just echoes what most the negative caf says.
Yeah, he is the same overly concerned fan. Perhaps with a bit of a negative obsession towards Pogba though.

Steve Bruce

I don't see what he said so wrong to be condemned like he is right now on here.

Is he jealous of Pogba? Give me a break. Silly comment.

Pogba, hasn't been as consistent or as impact-full as we would have liked. I think Scholes is correct in saying, he needs to use his brain a bit more and he needs to find a high level of consistency.

On the playing style of our game, it is poor to watch on the most part, I don't think too many top managers would have their teams play like that, but Jose does and as Scholes says, he is quite happy for United to play like that if the results are good.

Scholes is spot on in everything he said IMO.

ice-bionic red

What he says about Pep! Seriously Paul, shut the feck up! Support the team and try and be a little positive about United if that’s too much to ask! Same thing all the time with him. Bore off ffs!

SteveTheRed

His personal hatred of Pogba goes way back and he dislikes Mourinho for taking the job that was meant for Giggs. He will never be objective so long as they're still at the club.
Pretty much this, great player but he is not helping us now. In terms of personalities, Pogba and Scholes are the polar opposites!

He fecking loves guardiola as well.

Reyoji-Utd

Is football pundits nowadays only needs to criticize and don’t need to show their understanding of the game and find some positive things to say rather than negative every time.

I mean isn’t this what we hear most of the time about black players that they’re fit, athletic, technically good, just don’t have brain.

The guy is a World Cup winner and one of the best players of his team during the tournament and there he is, no brain, only strength.

Pogba may not be that mature enough to have the consistency over the season with his performance but these come with experiences, age, and responsibilities and he shows glimps of them in WC. We should give him some credit and hope he can getting better and better for United rather than slating the guy every opportunity present.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Don’t really get the backlash here. He makes some good points. With Pogba, the fact that he was playing in a settled midfield consistently for Juve - then with France this summer - undoubtedly helped him achieve consistently high performances. He’s an incredible player, but I think we can all admit he’s struggled to maintain his peak performances for us. Getting him playing in a core midfield 3 would help remedy this.

Guardiola would hate the style of football we play. It couldn’t be more different to his. Jose is an amazing manager, still one of the best in the game. I’m glad he’s here because I still believe he’s the manager we need at this moment in time. But you’re kidding yourself if you think he wants to see expressive, attacking football. He’s the ultimate football pragmatist and would accept a ground-out win every game if it was offered. Most managers would.

Hoof the ball

Paul contradicts himself. He says that Pogba is a 1 in 4 kind of player right now and needs to sort out his inconsistency, yet, concedes that Pogba needs to go back to how he was at Juve (when he was consistent, Paul?). If Pogba wasn't a consistent player he never could have been consistent for such long periods with them. Indirectly, he makes the point (rather unintentionally) that there's a difference between how Juve coach and employ him and how United do.

One thing I did like is the comment :-

"Every year when Manchester United don't win something, it's a disaster."

Winners attitude.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he's spot on with his opinion. Last season was a disappointment, there's no other way around it. The style of play was at an all time low during the last couple of months, as were the performances from Pogba. The atmosphere at the Cafe was as unpleasant as it can get.

This season it's gonna be difficult again, because as Scholes said, there're so many good teams out there. Hopefully there will be at least two top players incoming, otherwise we won't challenge for anything big.

El Jefe

I don't see what he said so wrong to be condemned like he is right now on here.

Is he jealous of Pogba? Give me a break. Silly comment.

Pogba, hasn't been as consistent or as impact-full as we would have liked. I think Scholes is correct in saying, he needs to use his brain a bit more and he needs to find a high level of consistency.

On the playing style of our game, it is poor to watch on the most part, I don't think too many top managers would have their teams play like that, but Jose does and as Scholes says, he is quite happy for United to play like that if the results are good.

Scholes is spot on in everything he said IMO.
Haven't you heard that only the caf can criticise Pogba for his immaturity and Mourinho's tumescent terrible football.

The caf is at its most negative period since December 2015, yet some expect Scholes who's given his life to the club to not exercise his right in admitting how shit things really are at this moment in time.

Fake outrage.

I wish he'd just retire quietly. Him and Souness, they'd both undoubtedly swap everything they ever won their entire careers to win what Pogba has just won, and was central to winning. Of course he can win the bloody league.

What it really comes down to is Scholes will never like anything that is new and different to Ferguson and the head down, work hard mentality he had whilst he was playing. If Guardiola actually managed us, it wouldn't be long before Scholes found something to dislike about him too.

Hoof the ball

In addition, Scholes' comment about Mourinho's football style isn't really much different than the general consensus in the Cafe pertaining to how aesthetically pleasing it isn't to the eye and how expansive it is not. In fact, you could swap Scholes for John Doe from Redcafe and some of those comments wouldn't alter radically.

SirFergie

I think he's spot on with his opinion. Last season was a disappointment, there's no other way around it. The style of play was at an all time low during the last couple of months, as were the performances from Pogba. The atmosphere at the Cafe was as unpleasant as it can get.

This season it's gonna be difficult again, because as Scholes said, there're so many good teams out there. Hopefully there will be at least two top players incoming, otherwise we won't challenge for anything big.
This bugs the shit out of me. We don't need top players coming in necessarily, we need someone who can get the best out of the talent we already have at the club. Yes, we have areas that need improving, but we haven't got shit players.

Mourinho is doing my head in because he's just miserable - there's no life in him. It's like he's been transplanted with a lifeless clone. Imagine working under that?

He needs to up his game or I personally wouldn't want him carrying on in the job if he's going to be a miserable twat and I'd struggle to see why anyone would.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pogba should send him a postcard of him with the World cup.

Stacks

His opinion isn't relevant anymore. You can only suspect it's jealousy at this point. Pogba won the world cup. Something Scholes never did. Put some respect on his name.
The World Cup isn't the EPL, something Scholes has won a plenty. I am pretty sure he knows what it takes to win the damn thing, as opposed to a 6 game tourney and of course the level of consistency required.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The World Cup isn't the EPL, something Scholes has won a plenty. I am pretty sure he knows what it takes to win the damn thing, as opposed to a 6 game tourney and of course the level of consistency required.
that tourney is way tougher then you think. No wonder why the only living British players to have won it are now old pensioners.

The Bloody-Nine

This bugs the shit out of me. We don't need top players coming in necessarily, we need someone who can get the best out of the talent we already have at the club. Yes, we have areas that need improving, but we haven't got shit players.

Mourinho is doing my head in because he's just miserable - there's no life in him. It's like he's been transplanted with a lifeless clone. Imagine working under that?

He needs to up his game or I personally wouldn't want him carrying on in the job if he's going to be a miserable twat and I'd struggle to see why anyone would.
What a weird post.

Jev

Perfectly fair comments and analysis. Quite the overreaction in here.

No surprise, though. Many on here are happy to throw our legends under the bus in order to defend a miserable mercenary manager who has us playing sleep-inducing football while achieving decent-at-best results. It's a strange phenomenon.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I like him as a pundit, certain players and teams he expects more out of and he's pretty insightful even if it's something I wouldn't say I agree with, also has his own opinion, doesn't sit on the fence or just agree with other pundits

The Bloody-Nine

No, my major problem is that he appears bored and unable to motivate anyone.
And you know this because.....?

Was it the 2 trophies in his first season? The second place finish last season (our best since Fergie retired)? Enlighten me.

Jev

And you know this because.....?

Was it the 2 trophies in his first season? The second place finish last season (our best since Fergie retired)? Enlighten me.
Do you honestly think we look like an inspired team playing with passion?