Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

If Juventus might be selling Dybala to PSG for 50 million euro - I'd take him for that amount but anything much more is very risky. He hasn't reached the potential that was predicted for him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If Juventus might be selling Dybala to PSG for 50 million euro - I'd take him for that amount but anything much more is very risky. He hasn't reached the potential that was predicted for him.
In a market where we expect 80m+ for Lukaku, anything less than that for Dybala is a bargain

Andersons Dietician

Personally, I've never been totally sold on Dybala's style. Seems a bit like a luxury player.
He is a bit of a weird one. Not sure I’d say he is a luxury player because he will work for the team and he is effectively a more robust, athletic and generally better version of Mata. It’s just his role in this seemingly 4231 system it looks like we are going for would require workrate and pressing and I’m just not sure he’d sustain that effort level. However his quality on the ball ability to beat someone or just hold the ball is impressive. He can spot a pass as well.

Again I doubt Juve would even entertain anything under 80mil for him but if it means we don’t see Lingard there or Mata has more of a bit part role I’d welcome Dybala with open arms.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The guy has had one average season after being (indirectly) pushed into a suboptimal position by a certain Cristiano. In the previous season, he scored 20+ goals as a playmaker in a rather defensive team in which CR7 himself scored similar amounts. If Juve sells him below 100m they are pretty stupid, IMO. Easily one of the most talented players in the world right now.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Supposedly Spurs have made contact about bringing him in.
Alasdair Gold reporting it - he has solid contacts at Spurs - plus the London Evening Standard.

Apparently Juve are interested in both Rose and Eriksen.

But it could be a story leaked by Spurs to put pressure on Real Betis re. the Lo Celso price. Or perhaps Eriksen and/or Rose go to Juve and we get Dybala … or else it's total rubbish.

Take your pick.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Alasdair Gold reporting it - he has solid contacts at Spurs - plus the London Evening Standard.

But it could be a story leaked by Spurs to put pressure on Real Betis re. the Lo Celso price. Or perhaps Eriksen and/or Rose go to Juve and we get Dybala … or else it's total rubbish.

Take your pick.
Would it be Lo Celso or Dybala then? Not both? Never seen the former play so no idea

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No way we get him. It would be incredible though but simply refuse to believe it can happen.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Anyone shouting for Dybala hasn't really ever watched him . He is way to slow and inconsistent and we already are stacked with inconsistent players
Thats the redacfe for you nowadays. Sometimes you wonder if these lot even watch football games from other leagues.

Mainoldo

Thats the redacfe for you nowadays. Sometimes you wonder if these lot even watch football games from other leagues.
You’d think he has stats like Icardi the way people like you talk.

NoPace

Take your pick.
It's tough for Spurs to get players of the quality needed to improve their XI because their XI is good and their wages are low. If Dybala and Juventus are into it it makes sense on that level alone, even if it shoves Son wide all the time and is awkward for Dele Alli.

rosenthal

Spurs lined up in a diamond against Juventus, with Dele Alli in one of the box-to-box midfield roles. I asume an interest in Dybala would be as a replacement for Eriksen, with Lo Celso already covering him as a midfielder.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks
Ndombele - Dele
Dybala
Kane - Son

Lo Celso as competition for both Dele and Dybala.
Sissoko as competion for Ndombele
Lucas up front.​

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Dybala has said that he wants to stay at Juve, Sarri has said that he thinks Dybala could be used in multiple ways and that he wouldn't have a problem fitting him into the side, and Paratici is smart enough to realize that you don't give up on a rare 25-year-old attacking talent when your other forwards are 34 (Cristiano), 32 (Higuain), and 33 (Mandzukic). Selling Dybala really makes no sense at all for Juve in the big picture.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dybala has said that he wants to stay at Juve, Sarri has said that he thinks Dybala could be used in multiple ways and that he wouldn't have a problem fitting him into the side, and Paratici is smart enough to realize that you don't give up on a rare 25-year-old attacking talent when your other forwards are 34 (Cristiano), 32 (Higuain), and 33 (Mandzukic). Selling Dybala really makes no sense at all for Juve in the big picture.
They're looking to get rid of Higuain and Mandzukic too I think I read somewhere.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Would it be Lo Celso or Dybala then? Not both? Never seen the former play so no idea
I don't see how Dybala makes sense for Spurs. I'd prefer us to sign Lo Celso, keep Eriksen and let Troy Parrott see what he can do as a striker if called upon.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is on 7 million euros net, which is around 240k pounds per week. Wonder how spurs can afford that, obviously he will expect big raise on the existing contract.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Supposedly Spurs have made contact about bringing him in.
I can’t see that happening unless Eriksen really is off. Also don’t think Dybala + Lo Celso could happen either.

I like Dybala, but I think his style and position would clash more with what we’ve already got. He and Dele would be doing a very similar job unless Dele is made to play even more as a mid.

Personally I’d rather bring in Lo Celso who is more of a number 8 - especially if we were to keep Eriksen.

I think Dybala would be a perfect fit for United though. Although I am guessing at what I think Ole wants to do system wise.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Spurs lined up in a diamond against Juventus, with Dele Alli in one of the box-to-box midfield roles. I asume an interest in Dybala would be as a replacement for Eriksen, with Lo Celso already covering him as a midfielder.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks
Ndombele - Dele
Dybala
Kane - Son

Lo Celso as competition for both Dele and Dybala.
Sissoko as competion for Ndombele
Lucas up front.​
That midfield would get torn to bits, hopefully that's how they line up!!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't see how Dybala makes sense for Spurs. I'd prefer us to sign Lo Celso, keep Eriksen and let Troy Parrott see what he can do as a striker if called upon.
Yep, makes much more sense. Parrot is supposedly a bit of a baller.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Have spurs made a bid or are they just thinking about preparing, maybe negotiating a bid?

Ballist1x

We need Dybala as stated he is everything you'd want Mata to be but just far better, faster, more energetic etc.

If you watched the game last season he literally tore our defence apart by running, passing and then running through to recieve the ball. Made Mata look like a fossil in comparison.

Andersons Dietician

Would be a bit weird, I thought the whole point of moving would be to play somewhere he could be trusted as #9 again.
I don’t know, the last time he consistently played as say a 9 was for Palermo about 4/5 years ago. Mostly at Juve he has always had a partner be that Maduzkic or Morata and he’s sort of operated behind them and I don’t think he’d suit us United as a 9. But SS/AM in that 4231 he’d do well I would think but for Spurs I don’t know where they would put him in the squad without dropping some of what they already have but you would think his best position would be playing off of Kane.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is on 7 million euros net, which is around 240k pounds per week. Wonder how spurs can afford that, obviously he will expect big raise on the existing contract.
Spurs revenue has skyrocketed the last couple of seasons, to the point Spurs income will have almost certainly surpassed Juventus when the 2018-2019 accounts are made public.

If Juventus can afford it, Spurs can. The wage cap has basically had the roof blown off it recently.

roonster09

Scout
Spurs revenue has skyrocketed the last couple of seasons, to the point Spurs income will have almost certainly surpassed Juventus when the 2018-2019 accounts are made public.

If Juventus can afford it, Spurs can. The wage cap has basically had the roof blown off it recently.
Juventus also don't have huge debt like Spurs(might be completely wrong here btw), also Juventus signed De Ligt for 14 million net, doubt Spurs can offer anyone such a huge wage. So "if Juventus can, we can too" isn't realistic.

Also don't think any cluba apart from Barca will be paying 31 mill net for any player either like Juventus do.

It's also not just 1 player, other players will be asking for huge wage too and in no time Spurs wage will be doubled.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I have doubts, I would the story is just to put pressure on Betis. He would clearly have to be willing to take a pay cut.

roonster09

Scout
I have doubts, I would the story is just to put pressure on Betis. He would clearly have to be willing to take a pay cut.
Yeah, that's something I don't see happening at all.

If anything Spurs will sign Dybala and then they will improve other player contracts too, at least the key players contracts.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Juventus also don't have huge debt like Spurs(might be completely wrong here btw), also Juventus signed De Ligt for 14 million net, doubt Spurs can offer anyone such a huge wage. So "if Juventus can, we can too" isn't realistic.

Also don't think any cluba apart from Barca will be paying 31 mill net for any player either like Juventus do.

It's also not just 1 player, other players will be asking for huge wage too and in no time Spurs wage will be doubled.
I'm not Swiss Ramble here, but Juve also has a pretty hefty debt load (in fact, I think they might have a few financial issues) of close to M500€ ...

Obviously Spurs aren't going to spend money on one or two players even close to what Juventus has, different models in different leagues, but Spurs have a lot of financial muscles to flex now.

SirAnderson

Would be very jealous if Spurs pulls off this buy. I really don't see him coming to us, aside from how terrible we are at transfers, but more importantly due to us not being in the Champions league, I would think this would be important to someone like Dybala. Longstaff on the other hand....

0le

If that is true, they will have to break their wage structure for him, because I'm guessing he will expect an increase up to 260 to 300k. Kane, for example, is on "only" 200k per week. It would be a big statement signing for Spurs if they were to sign him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus wage-to-turnover ratio was 64% in 17/18, second highest among the 11 mega-rich clubs. That was before they signed Cristiano, as well. Spurs by comparison had by far the lowest wage-turnover ratio at less than 40%. So, yeah, spurs most likely could pay dybala's wages. Real question however is, would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.