Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

chb23

This guy is not worth it for the price and wages.

I think we dodged a bullet with this one.

passing-wind

Dybala is foolish, he will rot away on the Juve bench and will not get games for Argentina. If he's stupid enough to stay where he's not wanted then you can see why he's made such a mess of his image rights with poor marketing decisions.

stepic

Dybala is foolish, he will rot away on the Juve bench and will not get games for Argentina. If he's stupid enough to stay where he's not wanted then you can see why he's made such a mess of his image rights with poor marketing decisions.
seems clear he wants to leave, it's just the mess with his image rights are stopping it. they must be a legal minefield.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Delaney has to be the worst out there for transfer news. Barring the obvious clowns/fake accounts is there anyone worse? Speculative bullshit articles and completely contrasting information given in comparison to respectable journalists, that always gets proven as bullshit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The club have agreed personal terms with Dybala with the Argentinian set to be on a basic £350,000-a-week but the image rights and agents fees are a real sticking point.

Regarding the actual transfer fee, Tottenham have told Juventus that they are prepared to pay €70m (£64.4m) for the 25-year-old. The Serie A side would like nearer €80m for the player but also want to see the Argentinian depart to ease the wage bill. Dybala would join on loan for one season with an obligation to buy.

The real problem, as it has been throughout the negotiations, is the image rights and the agents’ fees, which could be as much as £12m.
This was reported by Romano, so Spurs were ready to pay 350K per week wages and the issue was agent fee and image rights.

Mainoldo

So basically it’s dead. The owners of his image rights aren’t going to waiver anything just so a transfer goes through.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Gazzetta delo Sport say Dybala to Spurs is potentially now a loan with option to buy, allowing them to leave the image rights for a later date (should they decide to buy)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Amazing how so many people have commended the effort of Spurs, and believe the Juve pulled out angle.

Spurs can't afford to compromise their entire wage structure for Dybala, and like us they're unwilling to pay League High wages and meet the demands of the agent as well as the image rights issue. It takes the transfer into astronomical figures for a player who didn't have a great season.

Juve may well be loathe to losing a player without a replacement body in, but their tactics show quite clearly they would have parted company with Dybala this summer. However the replacement they wanted broke down three days ago, therefore there is absolutely no way they pulled the deal on that basis.

Classical Mechanic

He doesn't want to join Spurs, he'll be going there under duress so he wants big money for it.

Marcus

What about a loan? We don't need his image rights and if he doesn't work out at least we have replaced Lukaku for the year.

BarstoolProphet

What a world we live in when an external image rights company is ruining a high-profile transfer everyone (both clubs and player in question) wants to happen.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What about a loan? We don't need his image rights and if he doesn't work out at least we have replaced Lukaku for the year.
Think Juve are desperate to get him off their books full-stop. They want the funds opened up, and isn't there talk about them being liable to a fine over his image rights?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I'm not mistaken his image rights are an issue just for fielding him and having a shirt with his name on the back during games.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Just give it 15 minutes and Delaney will be tweeting again insisting that it's not dead and is still very much alive.
Levy is just preparing to email over some pictures of the amazing new stadium Dybala can play at. That's sure to sway him to lower his demands

RedNed77

What a world we live in when an external image rights company is ruining a high-profile transfer everyone (both clubs and player in question) wants to happen.
You have to think if hes sat on a bench for 12 months, what fecking image are they trying to protect?

sharpstar69

Supports
Liverpool
So at the start of the week Utd had a midfield of:
Mct
Ericksen, Pogba, Dybala

Its now:
Mct
Matic, Pogba, Fred

Oh dear.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Delaney has to be the worst out there for transfer news. Barring the obvious clowns/fake accounts is there anyone worse? Speculative bullshit articles and completely contrasting information given in comparison to respectable journalists, that always gets proven as bullshit.
I wonder does he ever feel embarrassed about being proven wrong — which is pretty constant. I know when I shit post on here and someone hands my ass to me on here, I don’t want to show my face here for a couple of days from the shame of being left looking like an idiot.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I wonder does he ever feel embarrassed about being proven wrong — which is pretty constant. I know when I shit post on here and someone hands my ass to me on here, I don’t want to show my face here for a couple of days from the shame of being left looking like an idiot.
Probably not, because he still earns a lot i'd imagine from desperate fans who will click any links he gives providing it's what they want to hear.
Easy money i'd bet

drdoityourself

Appears to me that he's sold his image to the devil.

Weird situation, transfers, agents and image rights need better regulation.
Allowing agents to set their own fee, instead of percentage of the transfer fee for example, is a recipe for disaster.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
When did he sell them off? Awful decision, he's basically made himself untransferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.