Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s no striker. He’s positionally ambiguous, which is a big part of why nobody has gone for him. Where do you actually play him? - is the main question most clubs will be asking themselves.

Aeryis

He's flexible enough to play across the forward line and he's used to playing as a right sided forward at Juventus.
He's not. He struggled playing as a right sided forward, struggled to play as a striker, and struggled to play as a false 9. His "true position" is that a free roaming number 10/second striker that sits in between the forwards and the midfielders. Key phrase being free roaming.

Honestly amazing how many people constantly make suggestions of players they clearly haven't watched regularly. If you haven't watched Dybala, at the very least attend their fan forums and see what Juventus fans say about Dybala. He's not a winger, not a wide forward, not a centre forward and he's not a striker, he's awful in those positions.

He’s no striker. He’s positionally ambiguous, which is a big part of why nobody has gone for him. Where do you actually play him? - is the main question most clubs will be asking themselves.
It's also the reason why Juventus are happy to get rid of him, tactically speaking he's a headache.

Anyways wow, at least one other person bothered to research and/or watch Dybala before suggesting we should get him to solve our striker/centre forward issue. Half the users here are honestly just as bad as Woodward when it comes to recruitment.

Abraxas

I always had him down as someone that floats around off a striker. At least ideally speaking. I don't see the athleticism but I do see the technique.

Clearly not a type that would be ideal for our situation with Bruno and Eriksen, even VDB.

Scholsey2004

I think people are underestimating him. His numbers in terms of goals and assists arent stellar but he's very technically good, has very good passing stats and is a good dribbler. If we're moving to a high possession system of play these are the type of players we need. If our two wide forwards are Sancho and Dybala then we'll be very good at keeping possession in and around the opposition penalty area.

rooney2009

He is the most overhyped overrated player of his generation
I don’t like or rate him at all
We should stay away from him

If the rumours are true about his wages being around £100,000 a week then I suspect this could be a shrewd signing. He will score goals and at the very least provide some assists. He is in no way a replacement for Ronaldo though as he is not a traditional CF target man. A very good squad player to offer some challenge for positions. I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one.

Pros: Reasonable wages, not expecting Champions League, flexible position in attack and no transfer fee.
Cons: Injuries, inconsistency, not a target man.

mobmob

I would snap their hand off at 6 million a year and a free transfer, no where near his form 2/3 years ago but still a handy attcking player, showed more promise last year than Martial/Rashford

Number TwentyFive

in addition to all of this, the guy is injury prone
Excactly, considering that he has been out injured for 213 days missing 39 games, according to transfermarkt, since 1st of July 2020 he will be a risk signing even if he is a free agent. Probably want a decent sign on fee to.

copen1945

Under the circumstances, we should go for this deal. May not be for the long term future, but Ronald isn't playing another minute for us.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
A team with Dybala, Eriksen and de Jong will a serious step up in technical quality. I hope we can get in all three. We might actually be good to watch!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Isnt that less than what the likes of Martial and Rashford make? He probably used to demand 50% more 2 years ago. Reality must have hit him on the face hard
Yes, it's less than what Rashford and Martial are on.

Anyways we get only half info, so it's hard to make comparisons.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's not. He struggled playing as a right sided forward, struggled to play as a striker, and struggled to play as a false 9. His "true position" is that a free roaming number 10/second striker that sits in between the forwards and the midfielders. Key phrase being free roaming.

Honestly amazing how many people constantly make suggestions of players they clearly haven't watched regularly. If you haven't watched Dybala, at the very least attend their fan forums and see what Juventus fans say about Dybala. He's not a winger, not a wide forward, not a centre forward and he's not a striker, he's awful in those positions.

It's also the reason why Juventus are happy to get rid of him, tactically speaking he's a headache.

Anyways wow, at least one other person bothered to research and/or watch Dybala before suggesting we should get him to solve our striker/centre forward issue. Half the users here are honestly just as bad as Woodward when it comes to recruitment.
This sounds hilariously similar to Bruno actually. Both players that are thought of as "top level" footballers, yet are tactical headaches in where you can actually play them. Not to mention that free roaming 10 role is literally exactly how Bruno plays so yeah this is a no go.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I follow Dybala in the Italian Serie A and he works very very hard.
Is dangerous in the area and he can score great free kicks too.
He could be a good signing.

Suv666

Juventus fans were mentioned that he has fitness issues and gets tired easy
Any truth to that?
His wages are quite low and free transfer which makes me think there must be a catch somewhere. Too good to be true deal.

SATA

My opinion of this is that Ronaldo will stay if we sign this bloke, and when we find out Ajax will demand too much for Antony

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mate he’s been dreadful playing on the right for Juventus whenever he has. What are you basing your judgement off?
This has come full circle from where I suggested he can’t be a good option as a striker if he’s available on a free and can’t find a club to somehow looking like in defending him.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juventus fans were mentioned that he has fitness issues and gets tired easy
Any truth to that?
His wages are quite low and free transfer which makes me think there must be a catch somewhere. Too good to be true deal.
yeah, possibly related to his covid or long covid maybe… he is shot at physical level since two years and will need a proper medical to understand his conditioning… in this shape, he would be extremely stupid to accept an offer from the PL… better wait until someone in Italy, France or Spain is desperate enough or needs a filler.

Chief123

Dybala is not what most fans who haven’t watched him recently think he is. He is not the dybala from a few years ago. It could be argued that was a purple patch. If he’s on cheap wages, he’s worth a punt but he’s far from a solution to our Ronaldo-less problem. It’s one hell of a gamble to hope he comes in and plays as our primary striker.

DevilRed

I'm glad we are passing on him.

Has all the wrong characteristics for a signing that would help move us forwards.

It would be someone we sign during the moyes/lvg era for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.