Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If playing with his best friend Dybala could get Pogba to stay more disciplined in the midfield, then Dybala could definitely fit into our lineup. . Sometimes Pogba gives me the feeling that he doesn't trust our attacking players that much, and therefore will venture out from his position to start the attack, resulting in him being way out of position. Dybala is a hardworking player and will definitely be able to play in a high pressing lineup. McTominay would need to have a monster year though. He needs to instantly become one of the best box to box midfielder in the league or this lineup will be too imbalanced.
I thought Lukaku was his best friend before Lukaku joined the club? Or is this more excuses for Pogba?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I thought Lukaku was his best friend before Lukaku joined the club? Or is this more excuses for Pogba?
Pogba EPL last season:
> 13 goals
> 9 assists
> 7 MOTM
> team’s leading scorer ahead of Lukaku whilst having the team funnel the ball to him at every chance in order to get any sort of footballing going for the team, on top of being doubled/tripled by defenders knowing he’s all we have to generate an attack.

That’s a hell of an “excuse” if that’s what you want to call it. And the fact Lukaku has virtually no technical skills and can’t control a ball if his life depended on it.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Pogba EPL last season:
> 13 goals
> 9 assists
> 7 MOTM
> team’s leading scorer ahead of Lukaku whilst having the team funnel the ball to him at every chance in order to get any sort of footballing going for the team, on top of being doubled/tripled by defenders knowing he’s all we have to generate an attack.

That’s a hell of an “excuse” if that’s what you want to call it. And the fact Lukaku has virtually no technical skills and can’t control a ball if his life depended on it.
And yet, he's still not disciplined enough defensively to play a midfield role properly. It's all nice having all these attacking stats, which we already know he's fantastic at, but watch games and you'll know how imbalance our midfield becomes when he plays. The fact that people are still talking about which midfielders we should buy to complement Pogba tells the story. Now it's even, which attacking players to buy so that he can be more disciplined.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Bringing in a player who dont want to come to please our sponsors. Sounds familiar.
Who said he doesn’t want to come here?

As it stands currently, Dybala will have to choose between being a squad player on Juvé AKA not a regular starter (as crazy as that sounds considering his quality). If he’s not happy with that, he’ll let them know he’s fine leaving in which case we’ll take him with open arms and vice versa as he leaves them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For people who can't remember, Castles linked us with Dybala all the way back in May. As for as I am concerned, it all depends on Ole. If he wants him. I believe he gas a plan. Even the practical aspects make sense. Dybala fits what Ole is trying to do far more than Lukaku ever will. Not only that, Dybala can play three positions to a reasonable extent and is better in all three positions than Mata and Lingard. We would be getting an amazing, yes an amazing talent for a player we don't want and at little cost.
I have followed him since gis Palermo days, when we were first linked and can't believe some of the things I have read. Last season has completely painted the wrong picture about him. The whole Juve team was built to support Ronaldo. That's why Allergic tended to look to Zuka and feckin Cuadrado. He wonhave such problems. I don't know why people say he can't press when he gas never been asked to do so. Have are a defensive team. Most of these journalists are saying Ole likes him, I would choose to have faith in him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Di Maria has really done a number on some people. Even if Dybala would prefer to stay at Juve and would only be joining us reluctantly, that doesn't mean he'll handle it the same way Di Maria did.

Even Di Maria's situation had a combination of factors. He came reluctantly to play under the wrong manager at the wrong time. For a player of Dybala's quality I think it's worth the risk.

Ban

Let's put it this way, would you rather have Lingard with all the workrate or Dybala with a little less workrate?

Zed 101

Pogba EPL last season:
> 13 goals
> 9 assists
> 7 MOTM

Yeah being the penalty taker helped those goal stats considerably even considering the stupid run up and the too many penalty misses

AgentP

We need players who are technically sound and can create a goal out of nothing. Dybala fits the bill. With Ole preferring 4231, he'll be able to play in his favored position which is a big plus.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
And yet, he's still not disciplined enough defensively to play a midfield role properly. It's all nice having all these attacking stats, which we already know he's fantastic at, but watch games and you'll know how imbalance our midfield becomes when he plays. The fact that people are still talking about which midfielders we should buy to complement Pogba tells the story. Now it's even, which attacking players to buy so that he can be more disciplined.
Well yea, you sort of answered your own questions.

A large part of his imbalance is due to not having players on the same wavelength as him around him. He’s the only player we have that is world class, everyone else is levels below. It’s hard to be consistent when you’re asked to do everything. Play advanced, create, but then also track all the way back when the team loses the ball.

It’s not about a midfielder to compliment Pogba, it’s having a quality team that can match his level. Great players play on great teams and he is not on one atm. There’s a reason why he looks out of place on United but never when he goes for international duty or his days in Juventus. He doesn’t have to do everything there and can actually rely on teammates who are capable footballers.

dasty

Well yea, you sort of answered your own questions.

A large part of his imbalance is due to not having players on the same wavelength as him around him. He’s the only player we have that is world class, everyone else is levels below. It’s hard to be consistent when you’re asked to do everything. Play advanced, create, but then also track all the way back when the team loses the ball.

It’s not about a midfielder to compliment Pogba, it’s having a quality team that can match his level. Great players play on great teams and he is not on one atm. There’s a reason why he looks out of place on United but never when he goes for international duty or his days in Juventus. He doesn’t have to do everything there and can actually rely on teammates who are capable footballers.
This. I lost count of the amount of games where we were shit going forward, Pogba got frustrated and started going forward more resulting in gaps left behind him. If we have a decent attacking setup he would not have gotten frustrated so easily and thus venture out of his position. It is obvious to anyone who watches our games last season - shut Pogba down and our whole offense is gone.

thelemon

Where did Dybala play last year? Basically, is 5 league goals something to be concerned about if he's to replace Lukaku? Because I don't have any problem with losing Lukaku at all but we will lose 15 goals and I'm just wondering if Dybala can provide them? Not saying either way, just asking as didn't watch any Serie A last year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Where did Dybala play last year? Basically, is 5 league goals something to be concerned about if he's to replace Lukaku? Because I don't have any problem with losing Lukaku at all but we will lose 15 goals and I'm just wondering if Dybala can provide them? Not saying either way, just asking as didn't watch any Serie A last year.
Dybala has scored double figures for the last five seasons of his career. I am pretty sure the entire team would create more with him in it as well.
He mostly played on the right and sometime as deep as an attacking midfielder. Last season is the worst of his European career but there were mitigating factors. Season before last he socred 28 goals, I think.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

Great player would love him here but again where would he play? This is the quandary Juve and particularly Allegri have faced with him. He is can play everywhere but has weaknesses that make him not suitable. Yes he can play on the wing. He is fast but he doesn’t quite have the top speed of a winger and he doesn’t have the defensive side to track back. Yes he can play as a striker but he doesn’t have the hold up, discipline or the strength of a number 9. He is not quite an attacking midfielder for the same reasons. He is probably a 9.5 or a number 10. So where will we play him? On yhe right wing like we shoved Mata, Lingard not in there natural position? A number 10 then push Pogba as a two who has never worked in a 2.
Our main problem has been recruiting players that dont fit. This is another one

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Dybala reminds me of RVP, in that he wasn't exactly a winger, a traditional number 10 or a lead the line striker when we first signed him.

He was more of a second striker and was obviously eventually developed into a world class striker.

I can see Dybala potentially following the same path. Both have a very similar skill set IMO.
Not sure about that, RVP was a pretty gun striker the year he signed for us :smirk:

Only the OG's know you're an arsenal fan mate ;)

Football Scout

He is a quality player, but I’d say the chance of not signing him would be 99%.

Of course if we did I’d be happy.

Nitewolf

I'm not sure where we're gonna play Dybala in our team really. As long as I've seen him play he was always an AM in front of a double pivot midfield.

Now tell me how are we gonna fit him and Pogba in the same team without creating the same problem we have with Mkhitaryan before? We'll have to either play Pogba in a double pivot or push Dybala into the wings where he is uncomfortable. That's exactly why Dybala isn't playing for Juventus anymore, same like Ozil problem in Arsenal. No one is playing 4-5-1 anymore.

Crashoutcassius

Surely would be the end for martial ? Both at their best by far as a second striker and neither are going to be great pressers compared to rashford James or lingard. I guess dybala will be a similar presser to Mata

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Great player would love him here but again where would he play? This is the quandary Juve and particularly Allegri have faced with him. He is can play everywhere but has weaknesses that make him not suitable. Yes he can play on the wing. He is fast but he doesn’t quite have the top speed of a winger and he doesn’t have the defensive side to track back. Yes he can play as a striker but he doesn’t have the hold up, discipline or the strength of a number 9. He is not quite an attacking midfielder for the same reasons. He is probably a 9.5 or a number 10. So where will we play him? On yhe right wing like we shoved Mata, Lingard not in there natural position? A number 10 then push Pogba as a two who has never worked in a 2.
Our main problem has been recruiting players that dont fit. This is another one
In my opinion he can absolutely play on the right of a front 3. No, he's not a traditional winger but we now have an incredibly quick and strong RB who would be excellent cover for him. Dybala would be an incredible upgrade on what we have.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It’s amazing how low Dybala’s stock has fallen because of one under par season. He’s of an age and level of quality that makes him a very worthwhile risk.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm not sure where we're gonna play Dybala in our team really. As long as I've seen him play he was always an AM in front of a double pivot midfield.

Now tell me how are we gonna fit him and Pogba in the same team without creating the same problem we have with Mkhitaryan before? We'll have to either play Pogba in a double pivot or push Dybala into the wings where he is uncomfortable. That's exactly why Dybala isn't playing for Juventus anymore, same like Ozil problem in Arsenal. No one is playing 4-5-1 anymore.
Dybala and Pogba played together in 2015-16 and both had very good season.

Jimmy_Bond

I would be very nervous about this signing.

It seems like he wants to stay at Juventus, and is having to be persuaded to come here effectively with money. After a summer of building spirit and incorporating a high intensity/high press we want to sign a diminutive number 10 type who likes to float around up top and not do any defensive work. He doesn't speak English, will most likely not particularly like Manchester, and will obviously hate the weather. With both the national team and with Juventus he has shown an inability to adapt to any system that doesn't play 100 percent to his strengths and playing style. His brother is a gobshite.

Hope I'm wrong but it has "Di Maria esque failure" written all over it. I can't help but feel that people are using their experiences on FIFA to judge how good of a signing this would be, rather than the cold reality.

I'd rather have the money please.

Reactions: Sultan

Nitewolf

Dybala and Pogba played together in 2015-16 and both had very good season.

So Pogba and Dybala playing in a 3-5-2 is what we are comparing to us now?

Pogba played in a 3 man midfield and Dybala was playing behind a lone striker. Do you see us doing that?
They played in different setup to what we have right now. We don't have the midfield to support that system.

Edited.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely we won't swap lukaku for dybala.

Swaps never happen!

Suedesi

Typically smart business from Juve. I doubt they have any interest at all in Lukaku, but they have reportedly been contacted by Spurs for Dybala.

Publicly dangle Dybala our way as part of a fabricated swap deal for Lukaku and it increases the price that rivals Inter will likely have to pay to get him over the line, while at the same time inflating the fee they'll eventually get from Spurs for Dybala.

Win-win for Juve.
Yes. Also, I’d add Mariotta (Inter) was interested in Dybala so jacking his transfer price and flogging him to England is another win for Juve.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So Pogba and Dybala playing in a 3-5-2 is what we are comparing to us now?

Pogba played in a 3 man midfield and Dybala was playing behind a lone striker. Do you see us doing that?
They played in different setup to what we have right now. We don't have the midfield to support that system.

Edited.
In the current system Pogba is playing as deeper midfielder, so Dybala will obviously play as AM.

IIRC they also played together in 4-3-1-2 formation.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

I'm surprised you say that. We have no natural ten. Neither do we have any one competent down the right. He is a natural 10. Plus a top right side attacker. Plus he can operate at the tip of a diamond midfield. A system our current boss also favours

AJ Bullet

Surely we won't swap lukaku for dybala.

Swaps never happen!
They are super rare compared to the number of times they actually get reported as possible in the press.

Mkhitaryan for Sanchez is the last one I can remember actually happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.