Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolf

Are we really signing Bruno, Dybala AND Maguire? Because how many reports have we seen so far about the deal being pretty much done? For all three players?

I’d take Dybala but not sure where to play him if Pogba stays. Switching to a 4-4-1? James does have the workrate to play on the left in that system

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Are we really signing Bruno, Dybala AND Maguire? Because how many reports have we seen so far about the deal being pretty much done? For all three players?

I’d take Dybala but not sure where to play him if Pogba stays. Switching to a 4-4-1? James does have the workrate to play on the left in that system
We are not good enough as it is with 11 players. Not sure how much better we can be playing with 10 men from the start.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't really get exicited about this guy. He doesn't seem like an Ole but a Woodward signing. I fear he'd be another Di Maria or Sanchez and won't fit our style of play.

Can someone please change my opinion?
We play a 4-2-3-1, and currently have no clear option for the #10 position or right wing. You'd figure Lingard will start because of work rate, link up play, versatility, and for whatever reason we might not agree with. Still 1 more spot though. A front 4 that has Rashford and Lingard in it can afford a more attacking player to pair through the middle even if Martial is there, and probably needs creativity/X factor quality in the attack. Definitely needs goals beyond expecting Martial and Rashford to step up.

Paulo Dybala is a technically brilliant player, excellent movement and technique, creative, can score from anywhere, very good finisher, quick, has a great relationship with Pogba, is best as a #10 but is also very good as a right inside forward so could play in a 4231, 433 or a 4312 (all the formations Ole would play). Would compliment our counter attacking style of play as well as give us that greater technical quality and creativity against deep defences where we can't counter as much.

Sanchez and Di Maria were supposed to be great signings. Their styles of play and level were exactly what we needed in our team at the time, unfortunately it doesn't work out always - for various but very much explainable reasons. Problem with Di Maria was his style of risk taking and directness was the polar opposite of what Van Gaal liked. He also came right after a Champions League win when he had a brilliant season, so might not have had the same motivation anymore.
Problem with Sanchez is he was looking worn out looking back in that half season before, even more so when he joined and seemingly only could play on the left where we actually had good performers and very promising players. Also was 28 or 29 at the time of joining, had his full, successful career already basically, and on insane wages. Maybe lost that hunger. Dybala allegedly would be on normal-ish wages, is 25 so still young, has loads to prove still in his career and will have that hunger to take to a big role at a team that is trying to get back to the top, so I just think it'd be a brilliant signing.

ManchesterYoda

We play a 4-2-3-1, and currently have no clear option for the #10 position or right wing. You'd figure Lingard will start because of work rate, link up play, versatility, and for whatever reason we might not agree with. Still 1 more spot though. A front 4 that has Rashford and Lingard in it can afford a more attacking player to pair through the middle even if Martial is there, and probably needs creativity/X factor quality in the attack. Definitely needs goals beyond expecting Martial and Rashford to step up.

Paulo Dybala is a technically brilliant player, excellent movement and technique, creative, can score from anywhere, very good finisher, quick, has a great relationship with Pogba, is best as a #10 but is also very good as a right inside forward so could play in a 4231, 433 or a 4312 (all the formations Ole would play). Would compliment our counter attacking style of play as well as give us that greater technical quality and creativity against deep defences where we can't counter as much.

Sanchez and Di Maria were supposed to be great signings. Their styles of play and level were exactly what we needed in our team at the time, unfortunately it doesn't work out always - for various but very much explainable reasons. Problem with Di Maria was his style of risk taking and directness was the polar opposite of what Van Gaal liked. He also came right after a Champions League win when he had a brilliant season, so might not have had the same motivation anymore.
Problem with Sanchez is he was looking worn out looking back in that half season before, even more so when he joined and seemingly only could play on the left where we actually had good performers and very promising players. Also was 28 or 29 at the time of joining, had his full, successful career already basically, and on insane wages. Maybe lost that hunger. Dybala allegedly would be on normal-ish wages, is 25 so still young, has loads to prove still in his career and will have that hunger to take to a big role at a team that is trying to get back to the top, so I just think it'd be a brilliant signing.
We should have played Di Maria on the right all the time but we didn't.
We should have played Sanchez on the right all the time but we didn't.
We shouldn't play Dybala on the right at all, but we will.

VJ1762

Argentina and Man United are not meant to be.
I am still pissed off at Tevez man. The summer of 2009 broke my 12 year old heart. I could not comprehend why Ronaldo would move to Real when we had by far the better team. And I couldn't understand why tevez would want to move to City. We are still paying for that summer shitshow all these years later.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No. No more Lingard.

Bruno+Dybala in, Lingard to the bench!
I know everyone loves to shit on him, but he has his uses. In a system with Martial, Dybala and Rashford as the main 3 attackers, you usually want the 4th attacker to balance them out kind of, be a more defensively conscious player and a link up option. Lingard ticks all those boxes from a logical point of view, while he's been a pretty much automatic starter under Ole anyway. With James in, he's a hard working type who can also play on the right, so I'd assume they'll rotate as the players who compliment the main 3, while Greenwood/Chong will rotate in and be subs for any of the main 3. Lingard is also helped by the fact that he's versatile, can play in a midfield 3, can play on the wing, can be the 10, etc. I also think if he manages to find consistency in his game then he'd compliment the others really well and give us good balance. We'll see though. Just saying what looks likeliest if Dybala actually comes in.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
What concerns me is that Juve, who historically have proven that they know what they are doing in the transfer market, are willing to swap Dybala for Lukaku. That has to be a concern.

diarm

This will be most mental deal since that time Barcelona gave Inter 40mil plus Eto'o and Hleb for a Zlatan they had no real idea how they were going to use in their team.

Red00012

Clearly not anymore
What concerns me is that Juve, who historically have proven that they know what they are doing in the transfer market, are willing to swap Dybala for Lukaku. That has to be a concern.
I think it suits both clubs to be honest lukaku will be a great striker for them I’m pretty sure , the Italian league will suit him.
Dybala if he can replicate his form of the season before last could be huge for us. We have Lingard , Mata and Sanchez who could possibly play in his position. Did they score 10 goals between the 3 of them last season?
This guy has the ability to get 20 goals (in all comps )for us next season

wr8_utd

:'(
They've also let go a very bright young prospect in Kean and are stocked up on dinosaurs. They're not all that clever all the time.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Man, if we sign him id be so anxious. Anyone get the gut instinct he wouldn't do well for us?

bonusroller

Re Argies

Veron - had to compete with a decent midfield. Many a player wouldn’t have beat out Paul Scholes.

Heinze - was player of the year wasn’t he? Only left due to Evra beating him out

Tevez- was 4th string in that final season after we signed Berba

Romero - best sub goalie since VdG.

DiMaria and Rojo ... ok fair dos here

Acquire Me

Ed Woodward: "We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of. Watch this space."

Status
Not open for further replies.