Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

I wonder if getting Dybala would make Pogba want to stay more (and more likely to stay)
Team that can compete for top honours and he’s ours for life. Pretty easy to keep players when they’re winning things. Regardless of whom else is in the team.

lysglimt

Scout
Can't believe this might happen. Woodward just went from zero to hero.
I am not saying Woodward is a genious - but I do sometimes get the feeling he has been given a lot of stick for choices his managers made. He did get us Pogba, Lukaku etc - it's not his fault that Mourinho couldn't get it to work.

But these coming 7-8 days will probably decide a lot. If he gets us a couple of key-players (Maguire, Dybala) - surely much of his reputation must have been restored. Ole more or less gets they players he wanted - but if he fails to get a couple of players in....it will be a mistake he will never recover from.

Jinn

I can't get excited about this knowing what has happened with the likes of Sanchez and Di Maria. It's disappointing enough that those two haven't worked out.

RedPnutz

Posters here are overthinking things. We have a player on Lukaku who doesn’t fit our system and wants out, to be swapped for a player that seems to be a better one than Lingard and Mata (that fans have complained about for the past 2 Seasons).

I fail to see what the problem is.

Whether he wants to be here or not let’s just trust that he is professional enough to do his best and he just might grow to love the club.

mu4c_20le

We've had a couple of high profile signings go bust but.... they cant all be busts?! I mean, before this we were ready to replace Lukaku with ben fecking yedder.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Surely if we get Maguire, Fernandes and Dybala we will be one of the favourites for the league on PAPER. I mean we will have quite a squad. Having said that, I’ve said this before when we signed Blind, ADM, Falcao and Bastian Schwienstieger and then we lost 5-3 to Leicester!

Reactions: Sultan

Jericholyte2

I am not saying Woodward is a genious - but I do sometimes get the feeling he has been given a lot of stick for choices his managers made. He did get us Pogba, Lukaku etc - it's not his fault that Mourinho couldn't get it to work.

But these coming 7-8 days will probably decide a lot. If he gets us a couple of key-players (Maguire, Dybala) - surely much of his reputation must have been restored. Ole more or less gets they players he wanted - but if he fails to get a couple of players in....it will be a mistake he will never recover from.
I would say that, if the three deals come off, then Woodward will have finally, fully, backed a manager:

• Potentially De Gea on be Contract
  • RB sorted with AWB for £50
  • CB sorted with Maguire +/- £80m
  • Potential RW/LW prospect in James for £18m
  • New no. 10 in Bruno Fernandes for +/- £65m
  • Much more suitable CF/SS in Dybala whilst getting rid of Lukaku
All we’d need was a bit of deadwood in defence shipping out - Darmian and Rojo (and Sanchez too but that’s probably asking too much) and this would suddenly be turning into a terrific summer window.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
What. in the actual feck. ?!??

I don’t believe it but that looks so fecking genuine I’m actually tripping out. Could it actually be.......

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Fake or real story it will end great for Dybala. He will get new contract and guarantee from coach that he is key player.

Lemansky

Dybala seems reluctant to leave Juve, like Di Maria was with Madrid.

He'll give up at the first sign of trouble, I feel.
I don’t think so. Different characters. Dybala will love playing in this team. It’s a Young and very talented bunch.

Red_Jamie

Surely if we get Maguire, Fernandes and Dybala we will be one of the favourites for the league on PAPER. I mean we will have quite a squad. Having said that, I’ve said this before when we signed Blind, ADM, Falcao and Bastian Schwienstieger and then we lost 5-3 to Leicester!
We’d still be a top 4 hopeful at best and still wouldn’t have addressed our lack of depth and quality in CM/ DM positions as well as a right winger. We lack balance and have a mostly inexperienced squad when it comes to winning trophies. Add to that our manager is still completely unproven at the highest level.

jackal&hyde

It's probably been asked, but who would you choose if you could only have one - Bruno or Dybala?

I go with BF
Dybala proved himself at a higher level for longer i'd say. I rate BF a lot but there is still a decent chance he might be a one season wonder. In Italy he was fairly meh if we are honest. I'd be happy with both though.

Jcrossley94

Don’t quite get the whole “if Ed pulls this off he’s a hero” thing.

One good window does not make up for the incompetence shown over the last few years. It will take a few very strong windows to turn it around before I even start to consider Woodward successful.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

I will never understand our fans sometimes. You ask any fan of any club on this planet given the same options if they’d swap Lukaku for Dybala and they’d take it in an instant. This is as bad as when people were upset we gave up Welbeck for Falcao who was rated one of the best strikers in the world at the time.
It's not that anyone thinks Lukaku is better. The worry is that Dybala doesn't really want to come.

Patrick08

It's probably been asked, but who would you choose if you could only have one - Bruno or Dybala?

I go with BF
One is Herrera replacement while other being Lukaku who can play all across front line. At this point none of those two will play at 10.

bigeyedfish21

If he could get that lump of lard out of the club I am all for it. Dybala it is, welcome son.

Exactly, I really like Dybala and getting rid of Lukaku who is terrible would just be icing on the cake.

Never seen a more unclutch striker in my life than Lukaku. Yeah great thanks for the goal V relegation side in the 85 minute when we're already up 3-1. Try scoring a meaningful goal V City or Pool.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
One is Herrera replacement while other being Lukaku who can play all across front line. At this point none of those two will play at 10.
I think that Dybala would play at 10. That is his best position. He is not a winger and striker...well Rashford is nailed as first choice there

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This all makes too much sense. We have the wage gap if Lukaku goes, the space in the first XI, the relationship with Adidas, Pogba and Juve are obviously going to build around Ronnie, not Dybala.

Therefore, Ed will sell Lukaku for 50m to Inter and finally land Perisic, lose playing chicken with Leicester and claim Rojo's new haircut makes him like a new signing, and sign the wrong Fernandes from Portugal, who turns out to be a left-sided attacking midfielder playing for Braga's 3rd team.

bigeyedfish21

I'm honestly flabbergasted Juve even want anything to do with him. In Serie A you have to have excellent control, dribbling, be able to hold the ball up, Lukaku brings none of that he's as clumsy as it gets. Defenders will have a field day with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.