Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam118

You can't honestly be comparing Lukaku to Benzema, no way on this earth does Lukaku have half the skill and ability of Benzema.

He could never ever replicate him, he can't even control a bloody ball.
not what I said. Just referring to the role Lukaku may have and the reasoning behind Juve wanting him

Halal Jalal

Well I can see the logic behind this from Juve's point of view. Ronaldo is prolonging his career by playing in the big games in the league and champions league.

So Lukaku can play flat track bully in those games against minor opposition where his strength and pressure can be a useful force. In big games where they need someone to hold up the ball Lukaku will only feature as a last minute battering ram. If the only other alternative is the volatile Icardi then you can see why Juve are interested in the more docile Lukaku.

Watching the highlights of Dybala....well it's nice to see a forward that can control the ball and offer a variety of threats wherever he plays for a change.

If he is coming here to create a new legacy then I can see him being a success. If he is just seeing us as a bolt hole for a season or so and looking forward to playing with Pogba for a year before they both move on, then I can see the wheels coming off Sanchez style.

I know some are getting di maria vibes but we can't be slaves to the past and live in fear. Any transfer is a gamble whether big or small. He is undoubtedly a technical improvement on what we have and is going to draw a lot of attention from opposition defenders, freeing up opportunities for the other strikers.

I'd love to see us offering a diverse threat of three roaming strikers that make themselves available for passes and make great runs. I'm sick of us attacking in 1's and 2's and easily being snuffed out and bottled up in midfield. I can see it lifting the whole team and energising our midfield if this comes off and everyone has the right attitude about it. If Martial and Rashford are forced to raise their game...If Pogba has an outlet he might lose the ball less through pratting about.

That's a lot of "ifs" but we have to take a chance on him.
Excellent post. Agreed on everything, but regarding the bold bit...

I do believe that Pogba's presence in Manchester is a huge factor, giving us a good chance to sign Dybala - but if he decides to take the step down to leave Juve and come here, there's no doubt that he'll be commited to take us back to the top. PP should get a new contract and captain's armband before the season starts, and with his buddy Dybala here, the two of them can lead our return to glory.

Noc-Z

ffs
I don't know how much Duncan Castles knows but all the way back in May, he said we had been speaking to his agent and told him we would bid if we sold Lukaku.
Mail in today's report said we had lined up an €80m bid as a replacement.
The notion this is a oure accident might not be true.
I will look for the Castles story.
Yeah that would be interesting. Feels a bit like it fell on our lap but that may not be the case.

StrettyEnder07

Some of you lot are really something. When you’re eating at a good restaurant, do you enjoy the food or only think about the shits in the morning? And weirdly love thinking about the shits?

- Some people questioning why Juve want to get rid of Dybala. You guys are forgetting how ruthless Juve are as well and a lot of business-like than any other club, and how Sarri is a stubborn sob. So as Sarri doesn’t want Dybala, Juve know his value is only getting lower next season. At the same time, Sarri is looking for a readymade target man. Thus, Juve trying make this deal happen makes perfect sense.

- People questioning if Dybala fits into Ole’s system. If you have watched the preseason games, then it should be clear. We don’t play a static front 3 or 4. Thus, for a dynamic attack, a player like Dybala who likes to go everywhere as a #10 or drift in from the right would be a perfect fit.

- people comparing this situation to Di Maria’s. When Di Maria came here, he had already won everything at Madrid, had nothing to prove and with his mind set to move to PSG for an easy life. And he came into LVG’s rigid system which I don’t think any attacking player would enjoy. Whereas Dybala still has a lot to prove; in terms of trophies, in terms of fulfilling the mantle of being Messi’s heir apparent and so on.

- people questioning his lack of pace. Dybala may not have the pace of Rashford over 30 yards, but he’s quite sharp and quick over the first 5-10 yards. Thats why you see him able to score after shifting the ball around the player a lot.

- And finally from what I’ve seen, he has that certain Argie tenacity about him. So I can see him buying into pressing from the front as well.

Anyway I’m very positive about this signing. Dybala is probably the most readymade replacement for Lukaku in Ole’s system that is available right now.
Holy mother of a god a United fan who gets it, wow impressed haha

Finally!

Ban

All this talk is so boring. Just sign the lad so we can shit on him in performance thread.

devips

Some of these alleged United fans in this forum - do you really support the club? You denigrate the club's history, pedigree and standing at every opportunity. Players and fans come and go, the club remains. I doubt if you're United fans at all, or crawl around here to troll genuine supporters?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We've got to be careful though, Maguire has been having his medical for the last four week!!

This could all be pie in the sky.

For all we know Juve could have offered us money plus Dybala for Pogba....

Imagine that story breaking.
80-90m for Maguire is always the deal breaker for buyers club.
On the other hand, 90-100m for Dybala from Juventus is just too good to be true.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Trafford Park does have Krispy Kreme to be fair.

Also a driving range. And karting. So it's clearly better than Disneyland thank you very much.
I know. Europe’s LARGEST and MOST EXCITING post-war INDUSTRIAL park. Come on down!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just a shame he wont see the light of day, Mata and Pogba are brilliant free kick takers but Rashford makes sure they don't get a look in.
Mata is, Pogba and Rashford not so much. Both have the skill to score them and have excellent technique but completely lack the consistency.

Noc-Z

ffs
Some of you lot are really something. When you’re eating at a good restaurant, do you enjoy the food or only think about the shits in the morning? And weirdly love thinking about the shits?

- Some people questioning why Juve want to get rid of Dybala. You guys are forgetting how ruthless Juve are as well and a lot of business-like than any other club, and how Sarri is a stubborn sob. So as Sarri doesn’t want Dybala, Juve know his value is only getting lower next season. At the same time, Sarri is looking for a readymade target man. Thus, Juve trying make this deal happen makes perfect sense.

- People questioning if Dybala fits into Ole’s system. If you have watched the preseason games, then it should be clear. We don’t play a static front 3 or 4. Thus, for a dynamic attack, a player like Dybala who likes to go everywhere as a #10 or drift in from the right would be a perfect fit.

- people comparing this situation to Di Maria’s. When Di Maria came here, he had already won everything at Madrid, had nothing to prove and with his mind set to move to PSG for an easy life. And he came into LVG’s rigid system which I don’t think any attacking player would enjoy. Whereas Dybala still has a lot to prove; in terms of trophies, in terms of fulfilling the mantle of being Messi’s heir apparent and so on.

- people questioning his lack of pace. Dybala may not have the pace of Rashford over 30 yards, but he’s quite sharp and quick over the first 5-10 yards. Thats why you see him able to score after shifting the ball around the player a lot.

- And finally from what I’ve seen, he has that certain Argie tenacity about him. So I can see him buying into pressing from the front as well.

Anyway I’m very positive about this signing. Dybala is probably the most readymade replacement for Lukaku in Ole’s system that is available right now.
Good post, but does this mean you see him being played here as a 9? Because second striker / CAM / RW seems to be the more common suggestions.

DoomSlayer

Imagine if Martial gets his number 9 back and we give Dybala the 11 shirt. We would finally have a left-footed successor to Giggs.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure how this will work for Juve but maybe trying to replicate the Benzema role for Ronaldo
That's all I can think they are going to be able to do to be honest.

This is it.
This is the one, this is the one, this is the oneeeeee.

I left all the muppet juice in the DeLigt thread. I don’t think I have any more muppet to give. I’m not unzipping till I read the “HERE WE GO”
Yea I was camped in there too, and after a lull this has definitely got me going again. Come with us my brethren on this journey, it will be worth it in the end. But goodness me, when Fabrizio tweets those words I might self combust :devil:

This will go down as one of the best transfers ever for me.
Me too, I'm so fecking excited :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.