Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aye but the pace of developments has got me giddy.

I’ve not got the patience for a transfer saga. It’s out of the blue World Class anticipation to crushing heart-break within 48 hours, for me.
Yep, the names that come from nowhere are always the best.
And show those ITK clowns up to be the pathetic tabloid thieves that they are.

I always like the ones who are still arguing that they were correct, a month on from their very adamant "done deal", when it's pretty damn obvious it's not even close, let alone deffo happening.

ChaddyP

I don't understand all the excitement about this guy, in the belief that once we sign him we will easy get top four & beyond. Yes, he scores a lot of goals, but hardly prolific like Lukaku, & although he has scored 57 times for Juventus in 128 appearances, this is a Juventus side who are superior to all their opponents in Italy. To get the best out of him we need to play him as an advanced AM or forward, but is that the system which is best for our other players. I don't think so, & won't get sufficient goals to fit him in.
So is he prolific or not? :lol:

United Pro

I do have reservations with Dybala and whether he would fit in with us but on form he's a potentially world class player. He's also more in line with having technically gifted attackers that Ole would want.

Chuck_B

Why would his agent and director of football at Juve bother travelling to the UK if the lad didn't want to join? I'm only following SSN, but i think this story does have legs

fps

I have watched Dybala play many times. He is a great player, amazing ball control and vision.

Is he a game changer though?

Realistically can he improve us a lot?

Just wanted to see some of the views here as I sometimes feel he is overhyped.
I've only seen him play live once, and to be fair it was in a pre-season friendly. As I recall, he strutted around, couple of moments of class, and didn't seem to fancy that Tottenham were playing a high-pressing style. I think, if he's finding his role in Italy difficult, the PL will be a huge wake-up call for him, in terms of lack of time on the ball.

Seeing him play for Juventus or Argentina, he has moments where he really seems up for it, but I don't see him consistently impose himself on games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If you’re Dybala you have every right to be pissed off and say no and let everything fall apart.
Agreed. Ever since this transfer gained traction yesterday(?) it’s been subject to Dybala’s approval, which was always the main sticking point.

Personally I can’t really see him swapping Juventus for the Europa league.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
so its down to Dybala if he wants to come and if he decided he does not want to come, who I suspect might , we are stuck with Lukaku who clearly does not want to play for us.
Lukaku would be immediately shipped to Inter, it is obvious he has agreements with both clubs, Dybala saying no would lead to dancing in the boardroom at Inter because they know full well that we have just tried shipping him off, he wants to leave and we only have a few days to get rid so we can secure a replacement.

Either way, this has all confirmed to me at least that Lukaku is not going to be a United player by the end of August at the latest.

Thiagoal

I don't understand all the excitement about this guy, in the belief that once we sign him we will easy get top four & beyond. Yes, he scores a lot of goals, but hardly prolific like Lukaku, & although he has scored 57 times for Juventus in 128 appearances, this is a Juventus side who are superior to all their opponents in Italy. To get the best out of him we need to play him as an advanced AM or forward, but is that the system which is best for our other players. I don't think so, & won't get sufficient goals to fit him in.
Let’s stick to jlingz and Juan then and save ourselves 70 million

CodeRed

The big question is why would his agent fly to England? He wouldn't do this trip for nothing. If he felt his player was unsure then he would be better to sit at home and just make phone calls on his options.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
So his agent flies to England to seal the deal up but we don't know if Dybala at least entertains the idea of coming here? Something doesn't add up.

Cathy Ferguson

The big question is why would his agent fly to England? He wouldn't do this trip for nothing. If he felt his player was unsure then he would be better to sit at home and just make phone calls on his options.
Another 40k/week can probably make him more motivated, even though it smells a bit of di Maria to me. He does not seem overly proud to carry the shirt which is not a positive thing.

Infra-red

So his agent flies to England to seal the deal up but we don't know if Dybala at least entertains the idea of coming here? Something doesn't add up.
He's come to hear our offer and to enjoy the free food in our swanky Mayfair offices.

Kearnkoff69

I could see him swapping not playing for playing.
Agreed, in addition to the fact that if he comes here, we retain Pogba, and play to our potential, he'd only be swapping Juventus for the Europa League for a single season. If he takes the long-term view, consistent playing time and a chance to play in his preferred position should incentivize this move.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The way I see it, if Dybala had no intention of leaving, then his agent wouldn't have come to London. There would be no point, not even just to see what was on offer, as that could be done over the phone.

His agent, and now Juves sporting director coming to London gives the impression that things are very close to being done. If Dybala was flat out against the move, we'd have heard about it by now, and Lukaku would likely be going elsewhere and quick.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The way I see it, if Dybala had no intention of leaving, then his agent wouldn't have come to London. There would be no point, not even just to see what was on offer, as that could be done over the phone.

His agent, and now Juves sporting director coming to London gives the impression that things are very close to being done. If Dybala was flat out against the move, we'd have heard about it by now, and Lukaku would likely be going elsewhere and quick.
This.

Sterling Archer

Often what's leaked to the press is one step behind where negotiations are. Juve's sporting director being there indicates very advanced stages.

Devil81

Until I see the wee man step off a plane at Manchester Airport I'm going to keep myself from getting excited.

He's a fantastic player who is the correct age and technically what we need. Let's just hope he can do it in England like he's done in Italy.

Infra-red

No connection. Just quoting Ballague who kept saying it with the Sanchez saga. I use this phrase a lot regardless if United or Pep is involved.
I had genuinely forgotten that Sanchez existed.

I wonder if the two South Americans might be able to strike up some kind of partnership on the pitch (assuming Dybala signs, of course).

Halftrack

What's the Pep connection here? Are city in for him too?
When we hijacked the Sanchez deal, after everyone had spent the entire transfer window declaring Sanchez to City as good as done, the prevailing narrative (most likely planted by City as revenge) was that Sanchez chose us because we offered crazy wages that poor financially responsible City couldn't afford to match.

AJ10

Exactly, where's the logic behind him being in london if the player himself doesn't want to leave.

Scholsey2004

More than that why would Juve's Paraticci bother flying to London if the player hadn't signalled positive intent? That's a lot of people getting on planes for no reason if they've no idea if he wants to come here. It must be on, surely. There was talk about Dybala wanting to speak to Sarri but realistically all that would need would be a phone call so that's probably done by now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I have to ask if you are looking at a side who are in the EL this season and not the CL and you see signings coming in at one of the top 4 clubs historically in the world and you are supposed to make a difference to improve things, if you can't be arsed and back yourself to help make the difference then by all means stay put and live in the bubble you are in. If you have ambition then come and make a difference.

What difference does 1 season of EL football make if you are signing a 4 year contract and know the improvements are coming in the grand scheme?

This isn't about any one player, some just seem to accept playing in the CL as they have made it next season and most will never win it.

Zoo

Often what's leaked to the press is one step behind where negotiations are. Juve's sporting director being there indicates very advanced stages.
Yep, for all we know Dybala could be going to their training ground to say goodbye.

drmuji

Dybala as a false 9

James/Martial Dybala Rashford
Pogba Fernandes
McTominay
Shaw Lindelof Maguire AWB
De Gea
That's a very realistic one. Not sure, rashford will like playing on the right but that wont hamper movement of pogba or bruno (if he comes)

He'sRaldo

I have to ask if you are looking at a side who are in the EL this season and not the CL and you see signings coming in at one of the top 4 clubs historically in the world and you are supposed to make a difference to improve things, if you can't be arsed and back yourself to help make the difference then by all means stay put and live in the bubble you are in. If you have ambition then come and make a difference.

What difference does 1 season of EL football make if you are signing a 4 year contract and know the improvements are coming in the grand scheme?

This isn't about any one player, some just seem to accept playing in the CL as they have made it next season and most will never win it.
Pogba tried this, unfortunately it hasn't gone well for him thus far. I think for the big clubs in England, there are less guarantees with City around.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Exactly, where's the logic behind him being in london if the player himself doesn't want to leave.
There would be absolutely no sense in it, and with our window closing soon, and us needing to ship Lukaku out AND get a replacement asap, if Dybala wasnt interested, or was having doubts, we'd likely pull the plug quickly and sell elsewhere.

My personal take is that Dybala is very keen, and the delays now are haggling over the wages, add-ons, image rights etc. At the same time, I'd imagine the same thing is happening with Lukaku to Juve. The mere fact that things have got this advanced shows that both players are serious about moving

Fosu-Mens

There would be absolutely no sense in it, and with our window closing soon, and us needing to ship Lukaku out AND get a replacement asap, if Dybala wasnt interested, or was having doubts, we'd likely pull the plug quickly and sell elsewhere.

My personal take is that Dybala is very keen, and the delays now are haggling over the wages, add-ons, image rights etc. At the same time, I'd imagine the same thing is happening with Lukaku to Juve. The mere fact that things have got this advanced shows that both players are serious about moving
And all the "Dybala not wanting to leave" noice is Juventus trying to make themselves look better? Might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.