Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

He's really stuck his neck on the line with this one, they don't want him there and he's coming off the back of a poor season. This season should be fun to keep tabs on either way.

WensleyMU

Ahh wake up man, it's when multiple outlets are reporting it after a really short period of time. It's clearly been fed out through United.
They would all be claiming it at the same time and wouldn't carry the exclusive tag...

A briefing by nature is anything but exclusive.

That's not to say it's not true, but this idea that the club puts out briefings when the official line is in fact that the club does not comment on rumours...

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
enjoy coming off the bench for a manager and team that doesn’t want you, Paulo. good decision. good call.
A team that's gonna win its eighth consecutive Scudetto and probably take home the Coppa Italia while reaching the latter stages of the Champions League. He must be out of his mind.

IhabX7

United have wasted precious time on this. Let's see if there's a plan B, because entering the season with the same attack as last will be our downfall.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So why waste the best part of a week chasing?
I genuinely don’t know if we have. Inter weren’t stumping up the cash for Lukaku and Juve came calling offering us Dybala. We’ve rightly looked into it and determined he wants too much money because he doesn’t really want to join us/leave Juve. Hopefully this has put pressure on inter to just stump up the cash which going by conte’s comments it may have. Then we can do what we always intended to do once we sold lukaku...obviously it remains to be seen what that is.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hopefully we’ve received an improved offer from Inter for Lukaku which will allow us to strengthen that midfield.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49230085

Manchester United have ended talks with Paulo Dybala because of the Juventus striker's wage demands.

United entered talks with the Argentine, 25, as part of a proposed swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku, 26.

However, they were dubious about whether Dybala wanted to join them and viewed his wage demands as excessive.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has targeted young, hungry players and United officials concluded further bids for Dybala would be a move away from that.

Delighted.

Ranchero

Glad we seem to be learning lessons from the past. All the signs are that Dybala had not desire to be at United. We don't need more players just here for the money.

Having said that it does mean that we may well be left with Lukaku who does not want to be at Old Trafford.

And the signings we have made are not going to make us challengers. We desperately need quality in midfield. All we have is Pogba and he may not be with us.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Still time left to sign Paul Danan so all is not lost.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So where does this leave Dybala now? He's just destroyed the clubs chances of signing a player they really wanted, whilst being told clearly that he's not wanted or needed there.
Something tells me that he's going to be in for a crap time at Juve now. He'll likely be transfer listed and benched i bet.

mu4c_20le

Would be both awkward and hilarious if both stay at their clubs after this

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Really glad if that’s why we’ve pulled out. We’ve learnt from our mistakes. This window has shown that we’re only wanting players that really want to play for this huge, historic club - not the next Di Maria. And it’ll serve us so well over the next few years.

SirAF

Ageist
To not get Dybala is not a disaster. The problem, however, is that the clock is ticking..

Dante

Average bang
Sensible decision by the club.

We could have thrown shit tons of money at Dybala to make him sign, but if his desire to play for us wasn't there it would have been a huge mistake to make the offer.

Thankfully, somebody at the club learned from the Di Maria debacle.

Infestissumam

Manchester United have ended talks with Paulo Dybala because of the Juventus striker's wage demands.

United entered talks with the Argentine, 25, as part of a proposed swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku, 26.

However, they were dubious about whether Dybala wanted to join them and viewed his wage demands as excessive.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has targeted young, hungry players and United officials concluded further bids for Dybala would be a move away from that.

Delighted.
can't argue with that at all. Many fans will crucify Woodward anyway, but it's good the club has enough backbone and self respect to walk away for a change.

SSSSnake

Thank feck for that. He would have been another disaster. Didn’t want to play for the club, overrated, etc etc.

Play Gomes in the hole or get Bruno.

Munkehboi

Chill people, we've signed players like Berba and Van persie on deadline day. Have some hope.

EDIT/ Actually RVP wasn't deadline day was he?

Varun

Staff
How can you not blame the club, trying to swap a player with days left in the window. It was opportunistic and badly planned. Badly planned as we left it so late to replace a forward, more going in to negotiations with a player who didn't want to come. It's a poor attempt to save face. United are running out of time and again look incompetent in this window.
Ofcourse it was opportunistic. We were presented the opportunity of swapping Lukaku for dybala and mandzukic ffs. It would be beyond stupid if we didn't try. Now realising the guy doesn't want to come, we're happy to leave it at that and not throw crazy money at him to force a positive response. Good stuff. I'm not sure why anyone would complain with either of these steps.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
feck him, give Gomes his game time and get him tied down to a long term deal. If we can still land Bruno and feck Lukaku off I couldn't give a shit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So where does this leave Dybala now? He's just destroyed the clubs chances of signing a player they really wanted, whilst being told clearly that he's not wanted or needed there.
Something tells me that he's going to be in for a crap time at Juve now. He'll likely be transfer listed and benched i bet.
PSG could still be on if Neymar goes

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Delighted.
Thing that gets me about that is that they're complaining about his wage demands, but were happy to give Sanchez an ungodly amount when he's been absolute crap.
Need to get him shifted on too i think!

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great news.

Too bad that we wasted so much time on a player who didn’t want to come, though, instead of just focusing on players who’d be up for the challenge.

Another transfer market masterclass by Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.