Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

How bizarre... I can't believe these reports. Why did Juve & United bother with all these negotiations if Dybala couldn't be fecked with the move? Lost for words...
And then to think that Woodward probably doesn't even have a back up plan. Jesus Christ this board is deluded asf

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
South American who was only interested in coming for obscene wages. So glad the club has finally wised up. That was only going one way.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s a mug wanting to stay at Juventus. No hunger for a challenge.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Gotcha, I actually didn't realize until I saw the thread about the charity shield match today that the season starts next week, I just have zero interest, I knew the transfer window would be a farce so I ignored it until the last few days when the Maguire and Dybala deals picked up some real substance, at this point I just don't give a shit, the midfield and attack is built for 7th so it feels like we'll just waste another season.
The signing of Maguire, AWB and James are very good IMHO. Players who seem hungry and who want to genuinely be there. What disappoints me is the amount of morons we still have at the club and they have no use for us.

spiriticon

How bizarre... I can't believe these reports. Why did Juve & United bother with all these negotiations if Dybala couldn't be fecked with the move? Lost for words...
I don't think there was much negotiation there tbh.

Juve: Do you fancy a swap?
Us: Sure.

I reckon that was the extent of it

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The best thing we could get out of this is Pjanic or another midfielder at Juve rather than Dybala.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hard to think of any other reason than to waste time, and try and give the club a excuse for not making more transfers.

I'm sure we knew Dybala never fancied it very early on, yet it's dragged out for a week, just madness this late on if we are serious about getting any more deals done, or fantastic of we aren't..

Redcy

If Leicester can hold out for 80 million for Maguire, we can do the same for Lukaku.

We're not really desperate to get rid of him. If he goes, great. If he stays, great.
Doesn’t want to play for us. Whining and bitching about the club and slagging off his team mates. Great player to have around, worse if he decides to make things intolerable

WensleyMU

Players would want to fecking play for us if we sign big players and compete. feck Woodward and feck this narrative, pay up.
Yep. You have to entice the first one here with big money, but after that, once you start performing, players come for the chance to play for United.

Look at City. Back in 2009 they were a joke, they had to over pay for players. A few years later and players are going to play to win.

We need to spend big. Piss poor management of the club has put us in this position so let's grit out teeth and cough up the money the better players want.

We've just payed £80million for a defender and have the chance to get a very very good attacker as part of a swap deal for Lukaku and we are crying about wages... Get the feck out of here.

Dybala may not have had his heart set on United but as a professional footballer he would have quickly got with the plan. I seriously doubt many players are as feeble as Di Maria was and we need to stop comparing targets to him.

I want the kids to get minutes and succeed as well, but we absolutely have room for a Dybala or player of that level in the squad. Chances are if it didn't work out we would get good money for him a year or two later. He's 26, not 30+.

I was just starting to look forward to the season...

Chuck_B

Im glad the club have coped on and not bring in players that have no desire to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He doesn't fit the PL mould. Move on now and get players with hunger and ability. Serious look at at a CDM and Bruno would be ideal!

SuperiorXI

Hard to think of any other reason than to waste time, and try and give the club a excuse for not making more transfers.

I'm sure we knew Dybala never fancied it very early on, yet it's dragged out for a week, just madness this late on if we are serious about getting any more deals done, or fantastic of we aren't..
It shouldn't have been rocket science... Juve fancied a swap, sounds great, give Dybala a call and see if he's up for it. Oh, he wants a rediculous wage and doesn't want the move? Cancel/change the deal.

Why has it taken days for that to happen? Seems more likely these reports are chess moves, breifs from the club.

Womp

idiot
How does someone who was frozen out of the club and was basically told to feck off, have the fecking face to want to stay at that place though? Christ.

Gasolin

The problem is, we're getting different stories.
If we briefed, did we brief to force Dybalas hand, are we genuinely done?
If it's a case of everyone using the Telegraph as their source, whats happening?
Reporters in Italy saying we're upset with Dybala and considering dropping out
Others saying the negotiations are at the hottest point
Di Marzio is quiet at the moment.

Said it's moving away more and more...

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm glad the club have walked away and not caved in to his demands.

Devil may care

The signing of Maguire, AWB and James are very good IMHO. Players who seem hungry and who want to genuinely be there. What disappoints me is the amount of morons we still have at the club and they have no use for us.
I think Maguire is a decent signing despite the fee, don't really care about the other 2. The fact we have done nothing about the midfield or attack is atrocious, it just feels like we are treading water as Arsenal 2.0 right now.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

How could two clubs seriously negotiate about a player without knowing whwther the player accepts the move? Unprofessional (to put it mildly).
I know it's not the same league, but stuff like this happens in the NBA all the time.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Said it's moving away more and more...
Also said that Juve aren't giving up on Dybala leaving in the exchange. It's clear that they're going to make life very difficult for him in the hopes that he goes.
I don't see it happening now though, but i still don't think we'll sell Lukaku to Inter either

Gasolin

hmm...the way I see it is that players always seek bigger wages. We could call many players money grabbers. If we're saying, we've reservations just cause he asks for a lot of money? It seems a bit odd. This could be a tactic by the club OR not....because the ball either way is in Dybalas court. Maybe they come back with adjusted demands. I wouldn't start saying...ohhh United are being sensible...at the end of the day, we'll see how sensible or smart we think we are at the end of the transfer market and then at the end of the season.

Because if we have the money, and he's what we think we need? At the end of the day, the solution is to perhaps sell our own players. Someone pointed out probably Drogba didn't want to go Chelsea initially...it ain't always as big an issue as people determine.
I remember that. Marseille sold him like a piece of s***, that was sad to see. But they needed the cash. Hopefully, Juventus does the same thing with Dybala. They can be quite a bad club when they want to...

AneRu

Why would they! Better to offer us 40m and Lukaku forces his way out
I don't see how Lukaku can force his way out when we can throw the kitchen sink at him and ruin his career. If they want him then they are better off talking to us and offering us £60m plus add ons in a deal where neither party loses face.
As for Dybala I am glad the club has learned its lesson and we aren't falling for these players being forced on us. In Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Gomes and Chong we have a young forward line with a huge upside.

Suv666

The fact that he is unconvinced of us because of our footballing ability, goes to show he's in it for the right reasons.
What are you on about he just wants loads of cash. Both English and the Italian media agree on that. He's probably going to wait for the Parisian cnuts to stuff his gob with millions.

Redcy

Im glad the club have coped on and not bring in players that have no desire to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He doesn't fit the PL mould. Move on now and get players with hunger and ability. Serious look at at a CDM and Bruno would be ideal!
Bruno deal is dead

Kostov

It would be funny if Juventus force him out regardless, and then he realizes that Real and Barca won't be calling, and rather Spurs come in 90k a week offer as his onlu destination.

Womp

idiot
What are you on about he just wants loads of cash. Both English and the Italian media agree on that. He's probably going to wait for the Parisian cnuts to stuff his gob with millions.
Because apart from image rights, we have feck all else to offer. So he wants financial compensation, it's not that difficult. Paris won't be offering anything much more significant than we would have, the different is they're a team that is capable of challenging.

SuperiorXI

How could two clubs seriously negotiate about a player without knowing whwther the player accepts the move? Unprofessional (to put it mildly).
This...

This is why I think it's just a tactical media breif by the club given it's all the English journos. Pressure Dybala's camp to lower the demands.

Dybala won't want to stay at Juve after being whored out like this, surely...

Status
Not open for further replies.