Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldanoGraham

I bet this will turn around again tomorrow...

His agent has been in discussion probably asking for a ridiculous salary (and agent fees) because he has seen that Ed & his team have thrown salaries/fees around like confetti in the past - therefore he is only doing his job - however, finally our negotiating team have said that we are not getting our trousers pulled down yet again and have said this is our offer and that’s it....they asking for me so we’ve finally grown some balls and said - ok forget it then...

That puts the ball back in Juve’s and his agents court so let’s see what they do next.....

Juve clearly want Lukaku so doubt they gonna just give up - and if he said he wasn’t interested there wouldn’t have been several days of discussions already.....

we have an unfortunate reputation now for paying players obscene/inflated salaries - hence we can’t shift anyone out - so all agents think it’s Xmas when negotiating with us these days so that’s their starting position

This one will pick up steam again tomorrrow!

Reactions: roonster09

KennyBurner

Hahah dybala is pretty pathetic and has no self respect if he doesn’t want to come. How can you be a decent player at 25 and not want to move on when your currently club has no desire for your services. Don’t really want him here because at this point it’s just really embarrassing. If he does end up here he better make up some sob story about how he has always dreamt of playing for United.

Also good on Ed for not caving to his silly demands especially when we aren’t in desperate need of his services.

Needham

Guess we're blaming the agent but in what era of humanity does a barrio peasant turn down a weekly fortune to play for Manchester United?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Better like that. Now lets get a quality midfielder, give Gomes game time and push from there

Infra-red

Guess we're blaming the agent but in what era of humanity does a barrio peasant turn down a weekly fortune to play for Manchester United?
One where Manchester United have finished in the top four twice in six years, I guess.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Annoys me that Pogba hasn’t convinced him. Paul should clearly be seeing that Real aren’t in great shape and that José is being lined up in case it goes pear shaped.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I bet this will turn around again tomorrow...

His agent has been in discussion probably asking for a ridiculous salary (and agent fees) because he has seen that Ed & his team have thrown salaries/fees around like confetti in the past - therefore he is only doing his job - however, finally our negotiating team have said that we are not getting our trousers pulled down yet again and have said this is our offer and that’s it....they asking for me so we’ve finally grown some balls and said - ok forget it then...

That puts the ball back in Juve’s and his agents court so let’s see what they do next.....

Juve clearly want Lukaku so doubt they gonna just give up - and if he said he wasn’t interested there wouldn’t have been several days of discussions already.....

we have an unfortunate reputation now for paying players obscene/inflated salaries - hence we can’t shift anyone out - so all agents think it’s Xmas when negotiating with us these days so that’s their starting position

This one will pick up steam again tomorrrow!
This

TsuWave

Hahah dybala is pretty pathetic and has no self respect if he doesn’t want to come. How can you be a decent player at 25 and not want to move on when your currently club has no desire for your services.
One could argue that it is an indictment of where we are as a club.

Like a juventuz poster said, top players probably hear “United is interested” from their managers and turn to alcoholism, these days.

Fer

There are threads and posts about how are we going to play with Fernandes AND Dybala. Sadly, it seems difficult to sign both this summer. Also we continue without a DM to replace Matic and we haven't solve our RW situation.

We should have gone for wingers like Pulisic/Pepe because it's going to be difficult to attract players like Dybala/Sancho without Champions league.

NewDawnFades

Hahah dybala is pretty pathetic and has no self respect if he doesn’t want to come. How can you be a decent player at 25 and not want to move on when your currently club has no desire for your services.
Or he notices the number of players who will have regretted the move to United in recent years.

ManRed

Might be over but Dybala's agent is waiting for official news and it could easily be Manutd briefing the press to make the agent realise that there is a limit you can push United or deal is off.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Just another Bale situation. Club trying to push player out, player not interested in move. In the end it's the player's decision, he already has a binding long-term contract with current club.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Just another Bale situation. Club trying to push player out, player not interested in move. In the end it's the player's decision, he already has a binding long-term contract with current club.
Yup he does, but a professional footballer would like, you'd hope, to play football. If his club doesn't want him, they can demote him to the reserves which would be a slap in the face, or simply bench him. Either of these situations would be a nightmare for him as it'd likely make him less appealing to bigger clubs, especially after a poor season just gone.
If the club genuinely don't want him, which seems the case, then his only option is to get out of there. We've offered him a valid route out, but he's, currently, not wanting that route.
This briefing could be the end of the matter, or it could mean we're telling his agent this is it, take it or leave it. Either way, we've got 4 days to get everything sorted, either with him, or with any other prospective signings

Infra-red

Might be over but Dybala's agent is waiting for official news and it could easily be Manutd briefing the press to make the agent realise that there is a limit you can push United or deal is off.
We've told the world that Dybala doesn't want to join us. There is no rowing back from that. The deal is impossible, regardless if what his agent now does.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m not sure this is COMPLETELY dead Yet.

It’s obviously been leaked by the club. I’m hoping it’s a final warning to the agent/dybala to make their demands more reasonable, or we walk.

Perhaps going public will give them a push to take the deal, especially if Juve are hot on their case.

It might well be that we’ve just had enough and given up, we shall see in the next few days.

If we can’t get a striker I’d like us find a new winger.

izec

I dont think we have signed a player the same summer after such a heavy briefing to the press.
Nevermind a few days later. This is done

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We've told the world that Dybala doesn't want to join us. There is no rowing back from that. The deal is impossible, regardless if what his agent now does.
Thats not quite true... depending on what report you read, some says it's because of his excessive wage demands, some say wages and agents fees and others say wages, agents fees and questions about not joining for the right reasons.

Now seeing as we've had issues with De Gea not signing a new contract and throwing money at him to do that, i don't think we'd say anything about joining for the wrong reasons, as that would make us slightly hypocritical. Agents fees were noted in Italy, but i dunno. BBC reports that it's just wages i believe, which is sending a message that what we've offered we feel is fair, and if he doesn't want that, then thats his choice.

BlueHaze

He has the chance to come here, become a regular starter and try to salvage his career but he would rather stay at a club who not only benched him for pretty much an entire season but now also are trying to discard him for a clown like Lukaku who nearly broke his ankle last season after slipping on a god damn ball. Insane how some players these days value money over their own careers but that's just how it goes. We'll have done well to steer clear of him and his demands. We don't need petulant fools like this representing our club.

Martial

No top player at a top club is going to be convinced to join us without money, what a load of fecking rubbish. What else would he have here? Apart from the ability to build his brand. If he was coming here for that alone, it'd prove he didn't have the right mentality. The fact that he is unconvinced of us because of our footballing ability, goes to show he's in it for the right reasons.

We have been shite for far too long for this just to be an exception now, it's the norm. We've made bad mistake after bad mistake and despite spending more than just about everyone, are so far from competing it's hilarious. No top player is going to be convinced of that without money. That's not even taking into account the fact that we are far more likely to qualify for the Europa than the CL these days and have a completely unproven manager.
Absolutely spot on.

Infra-red

Thats not quite true... depending on what report you read, some says it's because of his excessive wage demands, some say wages and agents fees and others say wages, agents fees and questions about not joining for the right reasons.

Now seeing as we've had issues with De Gea not signing a new contract and throwing money at him to do that, i don't think we'd say anything about joining for the wrong reasons, as that would make us slightly hypocritical. Agents fees were noted in Italy, but i dunno. BBC reports that it's just wages i believe, which is sending a message that what we've offered we feel is fair, and if he doesn't want that, then thats his choice.
Simon Stone's report for the BBC says we were "dubious about whether Dybala wanted to join."

It's over. You cannot possibly sign a player who you have just told the whole world doesn't want to play for you.

marktan

I for one would be happier with a CM than Dybala this summer. Ideally a DM. Dybalas just too risky for me.

Save the money for a RW like Sancho next summer.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Big deal, player doesn't want to move clubs. Happens all the time but when it happens to us, it's like it's a unique situation.
Only want players who actually want to be here. Sanchez was probably the same as Dybala but we folded to him and look at how that has turned out? Besides all that, our transfer business has been ashow this summer. Same What else should we expect?
Indeed, only sign players who really want to be here. Any players who are just here for the money should leave, that includes De Gea and Pogba.

izec

Simon Stone's report for the BBC says we were "dubious about whether Dybala wanted to join."

It's over. You cannot possibly sign a player who you have just told the whole world doesn't want to play for you.
Correct. We would have worded it differently if we wanted a reaction. Instead we have closed the door for a move now

Infra-red

I for one would be happier with a CM than Dybala this summer. Ideally a DM. Dybalas just too risky for me.

Save the money for a RW like Sancho next summer.
A CM and Sancho next summer sounds great. There's no particular reason to think that either of them are more likely to happen just because the Dybala deal is dead, though.

predator

Youth NITK
His agent wont be able to sleep tonight and will be in his turinese apartment reading this thread thinking that he may have just blown the chance to net himself around 10 million quid.

Bojan11

All this talk about saving money for players next season is ridiculous. We have to worry about the present.

Another season like last season, why would Sancho want to join us? He could just go to another English club.

KennyBurner

Dude is 25 and hasn't won the champions league or done anything significant other than coasting towards numerous Serie A titles yet he wants 350k? Really dont want him here if he cant prove why we should be on that amount. Ed woodward is doing a good job sending a message that we just dont give out big contracts without players earning it. Sanchez is an exception because he had proven himself at arsenal and we were all convinced we were getting one of the best forwards in the league. At 25 if you arent top 10 players in the world I see no reason why you should request 350k per week. Him and his agent are pretty delusional. They must think they are doing us a service coming here.

At this point I really don't care anymore how this transfer goes. If he arrives or not I couldn't care less. Just hope we have a plan before thursday because my mental health is at stake.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
All this talk about saving money for players next season is ridiculous. We have to worry about the present.

Another season like last season, why would Sancho want to join us? He could just go to another English club.
I agree.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Tim Vickery on Talksports a few minutes ago said that Dybala wasnt worth the money.

He said that Dybala rarely shows up and lacked the cojones in the big games, unlike a Cantona which is what a United needs.

Giggsyking

Another season like last season we will not only miss out on UCL money, but also Adidas 25% drop in yearly payment. We will suffer economically next season if fail to finish top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.