Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
What a lot of fecking shite!

Sick of reading this from United fans.
Perhaps he's been overly critical with some points, but harsh truth is that he's not far from reality.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, or should we all write joint poems and shit like rawk?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
“Literally impossible” - listen to what you’re saying! We ARE that type of mediocrity. We’re smack bang in the middle of it.
We’re so far off the pace of a club like City and how slick that club is run top to bottom.

If you’re not in CL, your style of football is shit and you’re not only not attracting big names, but actually losing them, finances will falter. It’s basic business.

Something big needs to change.
You're right, we are in the middle of it and we're still winning trophies. What are Spurs doing? They've won nothing. Football is about winning. Liverpool have one trophy to show for all their work. Change absolutely needs to happen at this club, I'm not disputing that. However, we were like 2 decent results away from a CL spot last season after all hope looked lost in December. We have some good players, have made some good signings to this point and we have 1-2 amazing young talents who are almost ready.

Things aren't all bleak.

Mercurial

More likely the problem is the 40m EUR or GBP (who knows) lawsuit the previous agents of Dybala have requested... somebody gotta foot the bill, and United is not willing to do that, I suppose.
This seem the most likely complication, the side deals in this transfer come across as highly infected. The reneg on the agent only 1 year into a 10year contract, 40m lawsuit and so on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Sarri has told him He's not needed. Juve wants to get rid. Ronaldo hoped for Lukaku to join.

If He stays, He'll be living in hell.

worldinmotion66

What happens when Inter offer less than, or the same as they did for Lukaku? He absolutely has to go this window, as does Dybala seemingly. We know the figures required to get the deal done so it would be a relatively quick negotiation - so could we go back in for him to spite Inter or generally get more value for Rom?

Hypothetical, of course, but Inter hold the cards on the Lukaku situation now.

Raven

Good one!

Since the 80s. You’ll prob be happier if I act the muppet and just throw on the blinkers.....

Sad state of affairs.
We're not as bad as you're saying. At all. We've had a rough few years, lacking direction after a legend stopped after 25 years in charge. There is no club that could avoid a lull after that. What we do have is the financial clout of any other club globally and now some sort of vision. A year out of the the Champions League probably isn't going to be a huge set back for most players.

If you genuinely don't think that players don't want to come to United, I really don't know what to say to you.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
You're right, we are in the middle of it and we're still winning trophies. What are Spurs doing? They've won nothing. Football is about winning. Liverpool have one trophy to show for all their work. Change absolutely needs to happen at this club, I'm not disputing that. However, we were like 2 decent results away from a CL spot last season after all hope looked lost in December. We have some good players, have made some good signings to this point and we have 1-2 amazing young talents who are almost ready.

Things aren't all bleak.
If we were 2 decent results away from a CL spot then Spurs were 2 goals away from winning the Champions league. Football is about winning yes, that's how they reached the final. When was the last time we did that?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If we were 2 decent results away from a CL spot then Spurs were 2 goals away from winning the Champions league. Football is about winning yes, that's how they reached the final. When was the last time we did that?
We'll reach the CL final before Spurs next do.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Something Tottenham haven't done in many years.
Unless theres a Runners up CL trophy like Liverpools Premier League one

UnofficialDevil

We're not as bad as you're saying. At all. We've had a rough few years, lacking direction after a legend stopped after 25 years in charge. There is no club that could avoid a lull after that. What we do have is the financial clout of any other club globally and now some sort of vision. A year out of the the Champions League probably isn't going to be a huge set back for most players.

If you genuinely don't think that players don't want to come to United, I really don't know what to say to you.
They dont, at least not the best ones. And if you cant see that I dont know what to say to you either.

Devil may care

If Spurs get him it shows how far we have fallen, because the £18M wages and £13M agents fees were clearly bullshit as there is no way Spurs are forking out that kind of money, plus he apparently didn't want to play in the PL, if he goes to Spurs it means he didn't want to play for United as he can see how badly ran we are and probably didn't fancy wasting his time stuck with Martial, Rashford and Lingard as his forward partners. Losing out on players to Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve is one thing, even PSG with their bottomless pit of money, but for a player to prefer Spurs to us is a slice of cold reality.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Oh dear this is really bad times. How far we have fallen to lose a potential signing to Spurs. I only hope we have some kind of gentleman’s agreement with Spurs for Christian Eriksen or else I do not understand why would we pull out of the swap deal.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Funny part is Glaston actually believes it would be a step up from Juventus to Tottenham.
It’s sad yet funny how delusional he is. :lol:
Juve is one of the biggest clubs in the world and the biggest club in Italy and he thinks Spurs is better than Juve. Hahaha!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Glaston doesn't think we're better than Juventus. There's no need to twist his words.

He thinks that some players would choose us over Juve and that we're not a world away from them. I don't agree with him on a lot of that but at no point has he said we're a bigger or better club than Juventus.

jem

Is it really that far-fetched to imagine that Dybala might prefer to go to a team that was a CL finalist last season, has qualified again this season, has a highly-rated compatriot for a coach, and is based in London over a team that has been one continuous dumpster fire for the past 6 seasons? Provided they meet his wage demands, why wouldn't he want to go there? It's annoying as feck, but we just have to accept it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Screams of Dybala and his agent agent thinking they can rinse United, getting told to piss off, then thinking 'shit, we need to actually feck off somewhere still'. Be hilarious if he ends up on about 200k less than he wanted from us.

SaintMuppet

/thread

This shiny does not love us

Let’s go chase another different shiny who might love us more (until he shows he does not love us only the money) then we move on, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.....

UnofficialDevil

Screams of Dybala and his agent agent thinking they can rinse United, getting told to piss off, then thinking 'shit, we need to actually feck off somewhere still'. Be hilarious if he ends up on about 200k less than he wanted from us.
Thats one way of putting it. The other is I dont want to sign for United for many reasons so if I am going to have go there I will ask for as much as I can, I wouldnt mind on the other hand signing for Spurs so I would accept less.

Red_toad

So United walk away from the deal due to agent demands, wages etc. Now suddenly Spurs can afford him? Are they going to make him the highest paid player in the squad? As that's going to cause issue... I'm putting this down as media bs at the moment.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thats one way of putting it. The other is I dont want to sign for United for many reasons so if I am going to have go there I will ask for as much as I can, I wouldnt mind on the other hand signing for Spurs so I would accept less.
Not sure I buy into that though. Massively get the impression he expected his career to take a different trajectory (ie. can do what he wants), as did many other people. With that in mind, and knowing what United have been like with money, he and his agent probably thought they could push their luck. We turned away from the deal at the end of the day, and he clearly doesn't have many options, so now has to take what he can. Only after we walked away has this come about.

There's a couple of reasons I'd choose Spurs over United. Those being London and Poch. London and Poch ain't worth 150k a week less. Winning things might be, but anyone with sense knows they aren't going to get that close to anything for a while.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
So United walk away from the deal due to agent demands, wages etc. Now suddenly Spurs can afford him? Are they going to make him the highest paid player in the squad? As that's going to cause issue... I'm putting this down as media bs at the moment.
My thoughts as well.

He reportedly wanted like 400K a week from United. Thats about what Kane, Son, and Alderweireld currently make combined. And then you have these other issues with the image rights, which apparently require another big lump sum payment to the third party company that holds them.

Its either journos making crap up or Levy just tossing shit out there to try to gain leverage on other deals.

The player Spurs are most likely to sign is probably still Lo Celso. That's the guy that makes sense for everybody involved and its just about finding an acceptable fee.

UnofficialDevil

Not sure I buy into that though. Massively get the impression he expected his career to take a different trajectory (ie. can do what he wants), as did many other people. With that in mind, and knowing what United have been like with money, he and his agent probably thought they could push their luck. We turned away from the deal at the end of the day, and he clearly doesn't have many options. Only after we walked away has this come about.

There's a couple of reasons I'd choose Spurs over United. Those being London and Poch. London and Poch ain't worth 200k a week less. Winning things might be, but anyone with sense knows they aren't going to get that close to anything for a while.
But surely if that was the case wouldnt he come back to United and say Ive lowered my demands Im now about to accept 200k less are you still interested?

LoCalXT

Regardless he is losing out on money, footballs don't have long careers anything can happen. We offered a really good deal, for him to turn around and get less would be funny. Once Spurs aging defense gives up, they are done for. Back to penny piching to oay for that stadium.

If I enjoyed working at my job while getting €40/hr, if a company came and offered €90/hr and I turned it down only to go accept an offer for €30/hr that's moronic.

Sterling Archer

Aww the poor cafe babies can't handle the idea that their Di Maria 2.0 just a few days ago, might go to Spurs. Pathetic.

#repent

Irwin99

The levels of arrogance on this thread and the Caf generally is astonishing.

IF, and it’s a big if that Spurs get Dybala, I’m not going to be overly surprised that he chose Spurs over Utd.

Here’s reasons not to come here:

• Pretty average team with little immediate chance of success
• Playing in Europa League
Fans protest at the owners and want them out
• Solksjaer has little to no pull as a manager or managerial cache
• Striker is in Belgium rather than returning
• Team has “toxic” influence in the dressing room
• Little to no game changing signings in this window
• Maybe one (DDG) world class player
• Managerial merry-go round
• No clear recruitment strategy

Take out all the United legacy/history bullshit, which I don’t believe players buy into anyway, and there’s little attractive about the club right now.

The only thing we offer is money, and surprisingly, there’s more to life than that.

Spurs on the other hand have a better manager, finished top 4, are based in London, have a new stadium, were in the CL final and have far better players in a team that has a footballing identity and plays much better football.

He may not go there, but take off the rise-tinted glasses you lot.
What protests :houllier:

If he prefers London to Manchester then so be it. If he plays half decent for Spurs he'll be moving to a bigger club a season or two later anyway.

UnofficialDevil

Regardless he is losing out on money, footballs don't have long careers anything can happen. We offered a really good deal, for him to turn around and get less would be funny. Once Spurs aging defense gives up, they are done for. Back to penny piching to oay for that stadium.

If I enjoyed working at my job while getting €40/hr, if a company came and offered €90/hr and I turned it down only to go accept an offer for €30/hr that's moronic.
If you were getting €40/hr working somewhere were you were happy and were offered €90/hr to go and work on some isolated island in the north pole and you turned it down to work for google in some wonderful tropical island for €60/hr that wouldn't be moronic.
Not that Im saying we are some shitty job in the north poll and spurs are google but its all relative.

Goku23

IF he actually prefers Spurs to us thats plain embarassing. We are the biggest club in the world. I can imagine him going to City because of Pep and money even Chelsea but they have a ban Spurs though ?! Based on a fluke season of getting to a CL final ? I dont buy it plus theres the money issues which others have mentioned.

LoCalXT

If you were getting €40/hr working somewhere were you were happy and were offered €90/hr to go and work on some isolated island in the north pole and you turned it down to work for google in some wonderful tropical island for €60/hr that wouldn't be moronic.
Not that Im saying we are some shitty job in the north poll and spurs are google but its all relative.
Spurs are not in a good shape as many think is my point. Once they lose the two Belgians at the back people will understand. Sanchez is no better that Bailly

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But surely if that was the case wouldnt he come back to United and say Ive lowered my demands Im now about to accept 200k less are you still interested?
You've got to imagine the kind of professional reputations involved with big money. If you've negotiated and failed to the point where they (United in this case) have walked away, it doesn't look good if you come back with your tail between your legs. I can't imagine the player nor agent would want to do that. The agent especially would be in a poor negotiating position for future discussions.

Even on a lesser scale, if someone went for a job interview and got turned down because they said they wanted 40k, but the employer only wanted to pay 25k, it wouldn't look great to come back and say "actually I'll do it for 25k" after the employer has already rejected them. The employer wouldn't be pleased because they were obviously taking the piss the first time, not to mention the hint of desperation.
They might reassess what they'll accept after that though.

UnofficialDevil

You've got to imagine the kind of professional reputations involved with big money. If you've negotiated and failed to the point where they (United in this case) have walked away, it doesn't look good if you come back with your tail between your legs. I can't imagine the player nor agent would want to do that. The agent especially would be in a poor negotiating position for future discussions.

Even on a lesser scale, if someone went for a job interview and got turned down because they said they wanted 40k, but the employer only wanted to pay 25k, it wouldn't look great to come back and say "actually I'll do it for 25k" after the employer has already rejected them. The employer wouldn't be pleased because they were obviously taking the piss the first time, not to mention the hint of desperation.
They might reassess what they'll accept after that though.
True. You've got a point there. Didnt think about it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.