Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So wait. Juve apparently willing to let Dybala go on loan with obligation to buy next summer which would avoid the image rights issue...

Spurs could still make it happen. I hope not!
Unlikely. They want a replacement which they won't get i don't think.
If thats the case, then i expect United would be back in for that too. I think letting Dybala go depended on Lukaku coming in, and that obviously won't happen now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What are they reporting now?
Things are back on and a deal will be done in the coming hours? haha To be fair it wouldn't surprise me if they did print that
Loan deal with an option, a year to sort out the image rights. I fail to see how that helps Juve unless we pay a large loan fee.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's complicated because Dybala is in a legal dispute with his former agency, Star Images, who are suing Dybala for breach of a 10 year contract in 2017. IF they win, they own the image rights, not Dybalas current entourage. And that can get really expensive for the club. That's the big complication. Not to mention what might happen to the agent fees that will also become a dispute. Manchester United wanted no part of that potentially very expensive complication, so they pulled out of the deal.

Edit: I put this post in obnoxious bold because Im seeing a ton of speculation about the image rights. So here it is so everyone can spot it, and get moderately annoyed about the bolding.
That goes with what I read, that apparently this Star Images wrote to United when we were talking to Dybala and informed us of the issues with his image rights and how we could be liable for £30m+ if they win their case.

seegoblu

How does Juve paying a portion of Dybala's wages preserve the wage structure? Will Kane or Alli really care that a portion of Dybala's wages are being subsidized? I think if that deal closes, all they will care about is that Dybala makes X% more than they do. Economically it would be more affordable for Levy et al, but practically, Dybala's wages would still be 350/week.

As for the image rights deal, it would seem to me that it is a Dybala issue and not a club issue. If you own a house and sell it to two separate buyers, isn't it the seller that gets sued and not the two buyers?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loan deal with an option, a year to sort out the image rights. I fail to see how that helps Juve unless we pay a large loan fee.
It would be obligation which is considered as permanent transfer on the books, which is what they are worried about.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It would be obligation which is considered as permanent transfer on the books, which is what they are worried about.
Issue is, it might take longer than that to sort the image rights out. It depends on how stubborn the third party wants to be, as they have a binding contract which they can demand anything they want for i imagine.

This transfer is definitely dead, new stories are being pushed to keep the interest up and garner more interest, but it's definitely dead for both Spurs and United.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Issue is, it might take longer than that to sort the image rights out. It depends on how stubborn the third party wants to be, as they have a binding contract which they can demand anything they want for i imagine.

This transfer is definitely dead, new stories are being pushed to keep the interest up and garner more interest, but it's definitely dead for both Spurs and United.
I think this is off, all reliable reporters from England and Juventus have reported it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think this is off, all reliable reporters from England and Juventus have reported it.
Yup it's been reported by BBC thats it's off for Spurs and United. It seems that those in Italy are desperate for something to happen, even though they know it's dead in the water.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, spurs could just forgo the image rights entirely. Would sting for sure as it would mean giving up a good revenue stream while having to pay him through the nose, but still

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Still feel something will happen with Neymar and Dybala could be involved in all that. He's obviously surplus at Juve

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah it's 100% dead.
I think it was safe to say it was off after he was given the captaincy the other night in their friendly match.
Maybe there has been a change of heart and they now want to keep him? I'm sure Dybala would forgive them in a heartbeat in all fairness

bonothom

I am definetly pleased United didn't do this galactico. No more Sanchez"s and I say thank christ for that.

WensleyMU

We should have asked Juve to loan him to us. Not sure how image rights work with loans but it could have been an option due to the complications involved.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We should have asked Juve to loan him to us. Not sure how image rights work with loans but it could have been an option due to the complications involved.
Not sure that would have been a good idea, as it would have been a loan with an obligation to buy. If he was useless through the season, we'd have had to have bought him regardless, which isn't a good situation to be in

WensleyMU

Not sure that would have been a good idea, as it would have been a loan with an obligation to buy. If he was useless through the season, we'd have had to have bought him regardless, which isn't a good situation to be in
Possibly, though I am sure we could have changed an obligation to an option, which would have given us more options and an escape route.

Irrelevant now of course.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Juventus doesn't need money, so they have no interest in selling Dybala for anything bellow a very high price, which I doubt someone will offer.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Agreed, still if we get who were told were getting its been a bloody good window. It was midfield we needed strengthening and we have done that. What a total of £140M if the GLC transfer becomes permanent. You have to have a smile on your face @SquishyMcSquish.
I'm happy. I'd say it's been a solid window.

Lo Celso/Ndombele boost our midfield a lot. Not that fussed about Sessegnon as I've said before but it's one I'll have to trust in Poch on.

RB situation not ideal but yeah, a good transfer window for us. I can't complain .. much. I do wish we'd got Lo Celso sorted sooner because it doesn't seem like the price has dropped much anyhow and getting a pre-season with him (as we did with Ndombele) would have been nice.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Lo Celso/Ndombele boost our midfield a lot. Not that fussed about Sessegnon as I've said before but it's one I'll have to trust in Poch on.

RB situation not ideal but yeah, a good transfer window for us. I can't complain .. much. I do wish we'd got Lo Celso sorted sooner because it doesn't seem like the price has dropped much anyhow and getting a pre-season with him (as we did with Ndombele) would have been nice.
Time for Walker-Peters to step up and be consistent, hope Parrot, Walker-Peters and Skipp all get time. As for Sessegnon, if we had of signed him last summer we would be excited, Fulham were shite last year and it wasn't down to a 18YO. He is competition for Rose and Davies, and cover for Son still very young and raw.

joedirt87

the podcast that Duncan Castles does mentioned the Lo Celso deal was always going to the wire to make it look like Betis battled in negotiations for months but that it had been done for awhile. The final fee kind of suggests that since the numbers never really changed from what was reported early on. But it is Castles and the way the deal was structured makes me think it could have come down the very end of the window.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Time for Walker-Peters to step up and be consistent, hope Parrot, Walker-Peters and Skipp all get time. As for Sessegnon, if we had of signed him last summer we would be excited, Fulham were shite last year and it wasn't down to a 18YO. He is competition for Rose and Davies, and cover for Son still very young and raw.
I think Sessegnon is talented and I like him, I just don't necessarily think he's what we really need right now. Not unhappy with the signing but do think rb was a bigger priority.

Not really convinced Walker-Peters will step it up. Don't mind the lad but if I had to guess I'd say he will end up a mid-table level PL prem at best.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Spurs working on this for three weeks he says... yet United were solidly in for him?
It was only after United called time on the deal that Tottenham moved in. Either way, he's either going to stay there or move to PSG

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Dybala isn’t greedy. The image rights issue is complicated and why on earth would you take a pay cut when you don’t want to leave.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Spurs working on this for three weeks he says... yet United were solidly in for him?
It was only after United called time on the deal that Tottenham moved in. Either way, he's either going to stay there or move to PSG
There were Dybala to Spurs rumours even before Juventus got in frame for Lukaku.

macheda14

If he doesn’t move to a European side and doesn’t feature regularly, expect this saga to reopen in January.

IrishRedDevil

Close the fecking thread. He will never be here. He doesn’t want to leave Juve and doesn’t want to come anywhere near England.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Since when? Only if they need to make up for FFP restrictions.
They have a fairly large hole in the books for FFP. Some of it will be covered by increased revenue, but they still need to make their annual €100+ in profits from sales to be sure, right now they've got €50m in

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
They have a fairly large hole in the books for FFP. Some of it will be covered by increased revenue, but they still need to make their annual €100+ in profits from sales to be sure, right now they've got €50m in
Do they? I dont understand much about FFP rules, but according to transfermarkt they have purchases of 188.5 mill euros and sales of 201.5 million euros this transfer window. Is this not enough?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do they? I dont understand much about FFP rules, but according to transfermarkt they have purchases of 188.5 mill euros and sales of 201.5 million euros this transfer window. Is this not enough?
Most of those sales went into the books for 18/19

The ratio between revenue and cost of the team is currently above the limit of 70%, according to a study by the very good and reliable source that is calcio&finanza

fps

So, what does Dybala's season look like now with Juve?

Status
Not open for further replies.