Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Isn't the image rights/commercial thing a problem for a buying club from any league and not just those from the Prem?

I don't see going us going for Fernandes in January, because I don't think we were ever after him this summer in the first place.
The PL is the only league, as far as I am aware, that doesn't allow commercial rights of a player to be owned by a third party. They may have to worry about the court case but even at that Dybala would be able to play through any ongoing case action.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The PL is the only league, as far as I am aware, that doesn't allow commercial rights of a player to be owned by a third party. They may have to worry about the court case but even at that Dybala would be able to play through any ongoing case action.
I don't think this is the case. It 3rd party ownership of the player in terms of transfers and transfer fee - that is prohibited by the Prem. Image rights are separate to this.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think this is the case. It 3rd party ownership of the player in terms of transfers and transfer fee - that is prohibited by the Prem. Image rights are separate to this.
I still dont think the PL allow 3rd partner ownership while other leagues don't care? Could be wrong.

Dante

Average bang
https://juventusera.com/rio-ferdinand-criticizes-paulo-dybala-for-snubbing-manchester-united/
Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand have slammed Juventus star Paulo Dybala for refusing to join the Premier League giants in his interview with Daily mail.
“A lot of players have declined coming to Man Utd in recent years,they’ve chosen somewhere else,” Ferdinand said.
“But I don’t know how Dybala had the audacity to turn them down when he’s on the bench at Juventus. He needs to start playing some football.”
“Maybe he’s thinking: ‘I want to be Champions League or I’ll sit on the bench. I’d rather do that than play at Man Utd. Well, I’m happy he didn’t come, then because you haven’t got the right minerals that I want in a Man Utd player.”
“I want someone who wants to come and think ‘Man Utd need to get back to being a top team, I want to be the catalyst’. That’s the type of person you want to come through the door. Ole has gone with younger players. James and Wan-Bissaka are two young, young, young players with huge potential. They’re projects.”
Rio's echoing what we've all been thinking.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When the other option is a bench and you’re being pushed out anyway, yes, it should be an easy choice.
That's what I don't get, players can have so many other things in consideration than just football when making decision like this. We as fans, are way too simplistic in our thought process. That's what surprises when ex players come up with the simplistic stuff too.

kambinks

When the other option is a bench and you’re being pushed out anyway, yes, it should be an easy choice.
Even so i think that's a little too entitled of a stance to take. Juve was obviously trying to push him out and he decided to fight for his place. Its what we would've expected Lukaku and be applauded for it rather than sulking and leaving like he did. Shaw was left out due to injuries and iirc we even looked around for replacements but he fought his way for his current place.

I agree that sitting on a bench is pretty shitty compared to being a first team player in United and playing regular games but personally I wouldn't blame him to fight for his place.

Bestietom

Jeez the problem wasn't Dybala but his fecking image rights. The guy doesn't own them anymore.

So criticise his stupidity for selling them up but not his commitment
Thought his brother ( agent) was looking for 15million for himself.

Infra-red

Ferdinand is still auditioning for the 'Technical Director' job, then.

I really hope we find someone qualified.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not really. Maybe he is settled in Italy. Going from Italy to Manchester is a big move for someone to make. Not only for themselves but when thinking about their family and friends or lifestyle. Footballers are humans too.

Gasolin

Not really. Maybe he is settled in Italy. Going from Italy to Manchester is a big move for someone to make. Not only for themselves but when thinking about their family and friends or lifestyle. Footballers are humans too.
Everyone keeps mentioning this but it's not different than a job for those guys.
If in your job, they tell you you are no more wanted, but they don't want to fire you and give you any leave package, and you are going to be put aside, what would you do? Stay around?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

devilish

everyone is toeing in line now from Gaz to Rio. I guess they are sensing that they have a real chance of stopping ridiculing themselves on TV and return home

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everyone keeps mentioning this but it's not different than a job for those guys.
If in your job, they tell you you are no more wanted, but they don't want to fire you and give you any leave package, and you are going to be put aside, what would you do? Stay around?
If i'm still getting paid (like Dybala is) then yes if there aren't any suitable opportunities for me at that time. Plenty of people stay in jobs they're not happy in until they find something else that they want to commit to. The same is for footballers. He still has time to leave in the European window or he can wait until January/next Summer. I respect someone who doesn't want to make rash decisions about their future when they don't need to.

Smores

Surely the type of player who doesn't want to fight for his spot in the team but instead jumps ship because its easier isn't the type we want either?

The clubs spin on these seems to be 'we don't want players that reject us' as if that's a logical and worthy statement, somehow some fans are buying that.

GBBQ

Monchi, Zorc, Bergiristain and Overmars were all ex players who became successful directors of football at their clubs. I think its important to understand the club's history and pedigree and to be passionate about it. I like Ferdinand's punditry and I think he would work well with the likes of Butt, Solskjaer, Phelan etc. to identify the right type of players for United. I mean I think we did pretty well this summer even without a DOF.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Is Edu qualified to be the Arsenal Technical Director? What about Nedved at Juventus or VDS at Ajax (I realise neither of those are Technical Directors but they still have big roles at their clubs with little previous experience)

Man Utd need to football people involved behind the scenes, football people who are passionate about Man Utd. I'd love to see the club give both Rio and Evra big roles at the club, I'd much rather them than the hipster names that were mentioned 12 months ago

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
everyone is toeing in line now from Gaz to Rio. I guess they are sensing that they have a real chance of stopping ridiculing themselves on TV and return home
Jeez I couldn't think of anything worse with Neville being involved. Anyway he wouldn't be able to with his stake in the other club i'm pretty sure.

I personally liked the idea of Fletcher doing it. Rio would have the cool factor but that's not so important when dealing with agents etc.

devilish

Jeez I couldn't think of anything worse with Neville being involved. Anyway he wouldn't be able to with his stake in the other club i'm pretty sure.

I personally liked the idea of Fletcher doing it. Rio would have the cool factor but that's not so important when dealing with agents etc.
I think we've got enough United's way influence already in Ole, Phelan and Butt. We need people who bring new ideas to the mix in the same way Carlos Queroz and Rene did during Sir Alex time

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think we've got enough United's way influence already in Ole, Phelan and Butt. We need people who bring new ideas to the mix in the same way Carlos Queroz and Rene did during Sir Alex time
An outside influence can always help, but they all need to be thinking the same way otherwise it'll just cause problems. I hope this is why it's taking a while so we get the right man for the job.

Nick7

I'd probably stay in Ireland, yeah. I can't just up and leave the country on two days notice.

R'hllor

We dont exactly how whole thing went, If he wants to join X club, he could ask HIS agent to drop agent fee a bit ( thats actually crazy and mental when you think about it ) and maybe drop his own wages a bit for image rights founding, dunno.

Said before, when i think about his situation, thats just scary, if interested club cant make a deal with that 3rd party for image rights, you are stranded.

Renegade

Is Edu qualified to be the Arsenal Technical Director? What about Nedved at Juventus or VDS at Ajax (I realise neither of those are Technical Directors but they still have big roles at their clubs with little previous experience)

Man Utd need to football people involved behind the scenes, football people who are passionate about Man Utd. I'd love to see the club give both Rio and Evra big roles at the club, I'd much rather them than the hipster names that were mentioned 12 months ago
Evra doesn’t seem to be very professional as much as he was my favourite player during his time here. Too goofy on social media to be taken serious in an executive role.

Gasolin

I'd probably stay in Ireland, yeah. I can't just up and leave the country on two days notice.
I don't think the notice matters, it's the nature of the job to only have 2 transfer windows instead of being able to move at any time.
But if your only option, with a pay increase, is somewhere else in the world, you will take it... if you don't, and prefer being sidelined at your job, than isn't this supposed to tell more about yourself?

Nick7

I don't think the notice matters, it's the nature of the job to only have 2 transfer windows instead of being able to move at any time.
But if your only option, with a pay increase, is somewhere else in the world, you will take it... if you don't, and prefer being sidelined at your job, than isn't this supposed to tell more about yourself?
Alright mate, yeah not leaving the country with a few days notice means they're shitty as people and not professional or whatever else it "tells" you about someone.

God forbid people thinking differently than you about their own lives.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Evra doesn’t seem to be very professional as much as he was my favourite player during his time here. Too goofy on social media to be taken serious in an executive role.
You ever seen the shit Trump has done on Social media and he's in charge of an entire country now :lol:

Evra was a model pro when he was a player and I'm sure he'd be likewise in a behind the scenes role. Alas he's already ruled himself out of any role right now as he's enjoying raw eating chicken too much

Gasolin

Alright mate, yeah not leaving the country with a few days notice means they're shitty as people and not professional or whatever else it "tells" you about someone.

God forbid people thinking differently than you about their own lives.
Do you at least agree that when you are being told, probably in a disrespectful way, that you are no more wanted at your job, you would think of leaving, just as a matter of self esteem? Or is that also not a thing because however disrespectful the employer has been to you, the location matters more than anything and it was too short notice anyway?

People are definitely entitled to think differently. However, they should also not be surprised by opinions about them others will potentially have when you see this kind of decisions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you at least agree that when you are being told, probably in a disrespectful way, that you are no more wanted at your job, you would think of leaving, just as a matter of self esteem? Or is that also not a thing because however disrespectful the employer has been to you, the location matters more than anything and it was too short notice anyway?

People are definitely entitled to think differently. However, they should also not be surprised to make opinions about a person when you see this kind of decisions.
But he thought about it which is why he negotiated with all the clubs that made an offer, the issue isn't simply about being willing to move.

dabeast

Dodged a bullet by not getting Dybala. A good left footed shot his most outstanding attribute, but he is too slow and too small to be playing in the PL. He is on the bench at Juve for a reason.

Gasolin

But he thought about it which is why he negotiated with all the clubs that made an offer, the issue isn't simply about being willing to move.
Yes, I don't deny that, I am sure his image rights and his brother / agent's fees were big in that list of obstacles.
I just say that when Rio says it's audacious to prefer the bench at Juventus, or worst, to a United first team, it's totally understandable. The word was correctly chosen for me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, I don't deny that, I am sure his image rights and his brother / agent's fees were big in that list of obstacles.
I just say that when Rio says it's audacious to prefer the bench at Juventus, or worst, to a United first team, it's totally understandable. The word was correctly chosen for me.
The issue is that he doesn't prefer the bench at Juventus, that's in itself wrong. And it's audacious to make that statement when you know the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.