Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Dybala isn't really optimal as a lone striker, is he, more like a 2nd striker?

Wonder where he will go, can't see that many top teams with the need for someone of his profile right now, then again, its a free transfer.

Rocknrolla69er

Lock this thread please and file it under the bad ego, mercenary type we really don't need or want anymore

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Dybala isn't really optimal as a lone striker, is he, more like a 2nd striker?

Wonder where he will go, can't see that many top teams with the need for someone of his profile right now, then again, its a free transfer.
I seen rumours of him going to inter, not sure how true it is but wouldn’t surprise me… there always selling best players to each other in the same league. Bit like Dortmund-Bayern.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Rumours that we made an offer. That would be good free signing, imo. Can play as striker and can play as SS. For ETH's style of football, he would be an excellent addition.

Suv666

Rumours that we made an offer. That would be good free signing, imo. Can play as striker and can play as SS. For ETH's style of football, he would be an excellent addition.
Yeah no brainer unless he asks for mental wages.
We have a lot of outgoings have to pick up one or two freebies, can't pay transfer fees for everyone.

DJ_21

We almost signed him last year didn’t we but his contract demands was the reason why we didn’t. He’ll want ridiculous wages and the club are trying to come away from that. Need to build for the future with young hungry players and not players who’ll only join for money. He won’t join anyway as we’re not in CL.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very talented but player, but unless there is a clear idea of where/how he will fit into any unit - no point at all.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We almost signed him last year didn’t we but his contract demands was the reason why we didn’t. He’ll want ridiculous wages and the club are trying to come away from that. Need to build for the future with young hungry players and not players who’ll only join for money. He won’t join anyway as we’re not in CL.
All players play for money and trophies. That "young and hungry" phrase is a bs. We lack players in attack, he is proven and only 28. It would be mental to turn this chance down

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All players play for money and trophies. That "young and hungry" phrase is a bs. We lack players in attack, he is proven and only 28. It would be mental to turn this chance down
Well said. My only concerns about Dybala is his role in the team, but so many fans have a very deluded view concerning professional football.

Lecland07

A total of 13 goals and 8 assists in the last two seasons in Serie A. He only really had one good season in 17/18. Not seeing it with him.

Infra-red

I don't think this kind of signing makes any sense for us this summer. We need to focus on young, hungry players who are eager to learn from a top coach like Ten Hag. Washed-up players in their late 20s on massive wages, we don't want.

DJ_21

Pogba was proven at juventus… that didn’t turn out very well did it. He didnt join us last time when there was a chance so I think now the chance has gone. He wanted ridiculous wages last time and he’ll want even more now. We can’t offer CL football and we certainly won’t be able to offer him trophies at the minute while we’re in a rebuild… so that just leaves one thing to join us for… money. We need to get away from the high profile signings. Liverpool don’t sign world class players… they make them… we overpay for players and then they do absolutely nothing for us. Say we sign him and offer him like 350-500k a week then you’ll get squad disharmony.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said it before but, before this season, I was never that big on him. However, this season, he's looked stronger under pressure, still has the agility to turn away from pressing opposition, and works very hard off the ball, too.

My only concern would be his injury problems. He's missed so many crucial games for Juve due to them. I dunno if it's worth it, personally.

DJ_21

I don't think this kind of signing makes any sense for us this summer. We need to focus on young, hungry players who are eager to learn from a top coach like Ten Hag. Washed-up players in their late 20s on massive wages, we don't want.
100%..: just tried explaining that to someone but there to arrogant and think the hungry player quote is BS… :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
100%..: just tried explaining that to someone but there to arrogant and think the hungry player quote is BS… :lol:
What does that even mean "hungry enough"? Yeah, it is bs. James, Awb, Maguire....they were all "young and hungry" and look what happened.
You have players who have quality for specific club and who don't have it. If you think that Dybala is not good enough that is fine but all other stuff about "hunger".....give me a break. All players want to win

Classical Mechanic

What does that even mean "hungry enough"? Yeah, it is bs. James, Awb, Maguire....they were all "young and hungry" and look what happened.
You have players who have quality for specific club and who don't have it. If you think that Dybala is not good enough that is fine but all other stuff about "hunger".....give me a break. All players want to win
Ralf certainly indicated that we won't be looking at this profile of player going forward. He really didn't want to come and play in England previously so there are some big red flags.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ideally he plays in the same role as Bruno and we aren't selling the latter. Seems like a Woodward type of signing, hopefully we're already past that.

Infra-red

He's proven himself to be injury-prone and not very prolific in front of goal (has scored more than 11 goals in a season once in the last six Serie A seasons).

He'll be 29 a few months into the new season and will want absolutely massive wages and a hefty signing-on fee.

He's not the one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ralf certainly indicated that we won't be looking at this profile of player going forward. He really didn't want to come and play in England previously so there are some big red flags.
And if he still doesn’t want to come and play in England…. then he won’t.

Classical Mechanic

And if he still doesn’t want to come and play in England…. then he won’t.
He might do if there are no better paying options but that would then make him more likely to become an underperforming malcontent. He'd be like James Rodriguez, a player I seem to recall that you liked. You might get a tune out of him for a brief period before things start to sour.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Lovely player like watching him on the ball but for gods sake no please don’t sign him.

DJ_21

I never said Dybala isn’t good enough, there’s no denying that he’s quality. Just isn’t the type of player we should be looking at or going for. All players want to win? The way pogba plays in most matches id of thought differently… the way Maguire plays, wan bissaka, list could go on… do you think the way we’re playing at the minute shows that the players all want to win? If they was trying to win then yes fair enough but there performances show no desire or anything… so I back my statement up that a lot of players just play for money. I guarantee if you paid players on performance levels then there’d be a massive difference. I do believe some players are actually genuine and want to play for trophies and to win games but I think you’ll find more that are in it just for the massive pay checks.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's played on the right a bit this season. Mainly after signing Vlahovic to accommodate them into the same team. Looked good there, too. Offered defensive support for his fb, kept the ball in tight spaces, created chances and still remained a goal threat himself.

Infra-red

It means we want players on the uptick of their careers, rather than the downslope. It means buying top talents and then moulding them to play the kind of football we want to watch.

It's the type of thing we used to do very well here, but we lost our way sometime around 2014/15 and have been haemorrhaging money on over-priced flops ever since.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This guy.
I’ll answer sensibly he could play on the right but he lacks the pace to do so in the PL which would mean Sancho couldn’t start at the same time.

He could play No10 but that means dropping Bruno.

He could play false 9 but we’re not currently set up for that unless we have more direct runners from wide or midfield.

Square peg round hole now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can imagine Firmino going & him moving to Liverpool.
What ?
If Klopp/Liverpool move on Firmino they'll likely, and sensibly, go for a hard-working up and coming, versatile big talent in Nkunku than go for a a 29 year old, flashy name like Dybala, who'll be on silly wages.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He might do if there are no better paying options but that would then make him more likely to become an underperforming malcontent. He'd be like James Rodriguez, a player I seem to recall that you liked. You might get a tune out of him for a brief period before things start to sour.
If he doesn’t want to play in England, he’ll take a lesser paying option somewhere he wants to play. Ultimately, any player or professional will assess their options and decide on what the best one for them is, of their own free will. If he decides that is Manchester United, then he’s no different to any other player except for Manchester United fans.

And I’m sure James Rodriguez would have happily stayed longer at Chelsea or City for example. Things also changed for him once Ancelotti left.

Status
Not open for further replies.