Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

Free transfer with still something to prove on his day world class however there are very few of those days. Saying that I can see ETH thinking he could revive his career like he did to Dusan Tadic at Ajax and play him as his no 10 or right wing inverted option, this tells me he’s not confident if the club stumping up the cash for Anthony, we’ve been linked with Ascensio already as well so we want a left footed right winger Dyballa can play there or as a false 9 or a tricky 10 and he’s used to Ronaldo, this might be to appease Ronaldo. He’s 28/29 in October so he’s looking for a 4+1 year contract probably.

Bondi77

This guy would do feck all in England and if Erik wants him I would be worried.

Theo88

I dont know. We seem to disregard him way too easily as a player. Arguably his best season (something like 20+ goals and a dozen assists) came before Ronaldo joined the club. Dybala has been playing at a deeper role for 2-3 years and his production has suffered. If he could be had for free and a salary that doesnt cross the 200k per week AND the contract is not longer than 2 years maybe. He was class before but Juve never really considered him as a 9. They like them poachers and strong bodies Dybala isnt that.

the_cliff

I'm all for this signing if Ronaldo leaves, technically good and would provide a good option as false 9 when Martial inevitably gets injured.

AshRK

Not sure about this. Always comes across as a mentally weak individual. Although for free it is fine

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
How many people turning their noses up at Dybala on a free have watched a significant amount of him?

Probably not many...

the_cliff

Damn. If you feel he'd be kept out of the team by Martial then this guy must have fallen off a cliff in recent times. We need better.
And here's the thing...

Name me a better forward that we can get realistically at such short notice ?

izec

He would be our starting striker. Miles better than anything Martial or Rashford have produced the last 2 seasons.

Like Eriksen, on a free a no brainer. I dont see the strikers available this summer when Ronaldo leaves, and FdJ, Martinez and a winger will cost money.

He is not the dream player currently, but for 3-4 years perfect to have, as technically excellent and versatile for ETH i imagine

tidraKS

If he can stay fit during the most of the season, I think he’s a great player and can help us play good football.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's good but not that good.
Personally I would pass, not worth the trouble and the press that comes with him.

Also sees to be shot as his injury record is not so flattering.

the_cliff

There isn't one. Dybala is a brilliant player.
You'd think prime Suarez, Benzema, Lewa and Aguero were all available on the cheap the way people here keep saying no thanks. Let's get serious, Ronaldo has fecked us and we need a replacement ASAP.

Dybala is technically brilliant and would suit the ETH system. The problem with him is his recent injury record but considering the other options and the situation we're in we need to bring someone in.

Who do people suggest ? Dennis ? Ilhenacho ? Vardy ?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd rather give Rashford or Martial a chance down the middle for the season than give Dybala a big contract.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You'd think prime Suarez, Benzema, Lewa and Aguero were all available on the cheap the way people here keep saying no thanks. Let's get serious, Ronaldo has fecked us and we need a replacement ASAP.

Dybala is technically brilliant and would suit the ETH system. The problem with him is his recent injury record but considering the other options and the situation we're in we need to bring someone in.

Who do people suggest? Dennis ? Ilhenacho ? Vardy ?
Absolutely. Injuries are really the only potential downside in my opinion.

PoTMS

Get him in. At the very least, he'll be our Cavani replacement.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can’t remember the last time I watched him play. To be honest, I haven’t watched much of Juventus in years. I’ve probably seen more of Dybala when he played for ?Parma/Palermo.

Not saying I want him, but why are so many fans turning their noses up on him? Does he have a bad personality? Does he just not suit us at all even with Erik Ball?

the_cliff

I can’t remember the last time I watched him play. To be honest, I haven’t watched much of Juventus in years. I’ve probably seen more of Dybala when he played for ?Parma/Palermo.

Not saying I want him, but why are so many fans turning their noses up on him? Does he have a bad personality? Does he just not suit us at all even with Erik Ball?
People are just butt hurt that we didn't sign him that time we were linked with him a while ago.

izec

He apparently rejected us a while ago under Ole, and he is Argentinian. People tend to hate them for some reason, as not many are successful here.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
How many people turning their noses up at Dybala on a free have watched a significant amount of him?

Probably not many...
And how many people wanting him have watched a significant amount of him?

izec

Absolutely. Injuries are really the only potential downside in my opinion.
It is actually not that bad. He played 29 games last season in the Serie A. If he plays 30 games for us in the league, that is actually pretty good with some rotation.

TheReligion

Abusive

Jonathan David would be a nice signing

PoTMS

He apparently rejected us a while ago under Ole, and he is Argentinian. People tend to hate them for some reason, as not many are successful here.
Now you've mentioned it, he does sort of remind me of Di Maria.

AndySmith1990

"The problem with him is his recent injury record"

...and you think that's not a valid reason for people to say no thanks?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly I've always really liked Dybala, was really disappointed we missed out on him the window before we signed Fernandes.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
And here's the thing...

Name me a better forward that we can get realistically at such short notice ?
Short notice? The window has only just opened.

Last summer we seemed to swing the Ronaldo deal pretty quick when he was heading to City. Not every signing has to be like this de Jong saga.

And there's a few forwards that I think could do a good job here. I'm just not sure what's "realistic" as I'm not ITK. I don't know how good you think Martial is but I'm pretty sure we could find a forward that is better than him.

EDIT: I'm talking about your belief that Martial is better than Dybala.

Status
Not open for further replies.