Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
We have a chance to reset the dressing room mentality and build up again with young hungry players that can be moulded in ten Hag's image.

This is a Woodward special and gives me no faith in our scouting or recruitment refreshes.

Reynoldo

If he gets 300k a week then our negotiating team are not very good. He literally has no options, if there were multiple teams chasing him, may be then he could get that amount as he would have a bit of leverage.

I am all for the signing should Ronaldo leave. The only downside to the deal is the injuries. I would hope the club would do their findings and check if he is a risk worth taking. The financials though I have very little concern about, he wouldn't get anything close to the numbers people are speculating on here. In fact I think he would be very lucky if the club offers him 200k a week.
Exactly, people are more concerned about the fact that he turned us down and he would want very high wages. So make him an offer on wages that are not crazy and if he accepts then great as he adds cover if not then leave it.

Abraxas

Not seen him in years so I couldn't have an opinion with any degree of certainty but I believe the people saying it's not risky are wrong. It's riskier than signing a cheap, progressive player because you can end up saddled with a 29 year old nobody wants with another 2 years on his expensive contract. Not to mention upfront agents fees and signing on fees. So that's the financial side.

Then on the footballing side it'd be interesting to know how many games he missed, injury types, running stats and last year's performance levels. You'd think ETH would want a dossier on that stuff if he's interested. I think within that you'd gain a pretty good idea of whether this guy is a busted flush.

worldinmotion66

I get the links because he has qualities of a false 9 and he's one of the top attackers available for little outlay. But the goals have to come from somewhere, and our wide players can't be depended upon to hit 20 a season. I'd rather give Garnacho a chance and rely on rashford and Martial for a year until we have the funds to actually improve us. Even Bruno could do a job and knows where the back of the net is. Dybala doesn't really improve us and doesn't seem the type to put a shift in.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'd rather us sign somebody like Ivan Toney.

Dybala does have talent but he sadly comes with all the same red flags as so many of our previous transfer flops. Inconsistent, high wages and injury concerns.
I don’t understand how anybody could think Toney is of a good enough standard to be our main striker.

7 open play goals last year is not of a sufficient standard if we want to finish in the top 4, regardless of the fact he played for Brentford.

saivet

I don’t understand how anybody could think Toney is of a good enough standard to be our main striker.

7 open play goals last year is not of a sufficient standard if we want to finish in the top 4, regardless of the fact he played for Brentford.
Not sure if he scored any free kicks but Dybala tallied in with 9 non penalty goals in Serie A last season.

I don't want Toney either I should add.

Hughie77

Replied to this on another thread. No we don't need him or want him . Not a fit at OT.

NoLogo

If we sign him, it will end in tears. Common, Argentinian, injury prone luxury player, there is no way this is going to work out for us.

If we wanted that why not sign Dembélé instead, at least he is still excellent when fit.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Offer him terms that meet our requirements, short-term contract 2+1 contract with us having the +1 option, on a wage that is largely made up through incentives. Take it or leave it.

He would be decent option for us, and someone who has scored goals at the highest level. If he has the desire to come here then he’ll sign. If he is in it for a last big contract, then don’t fall into the trap.

He turns 29 in November, so a good age, he doesn’t rely on physical attributes that will suffer overnight like some players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He would be a quality player added to the squad on a free and would allow us to spend the budget on players Ten Hag wants (Anthony, Martinez, De Jong).

SB16

This has all the hallmarks of the kind of signing we'd make in the LvG-Woodward era, and somewhat antithetical to the way the team is being setup under ten Hag. Not only do I think that we don't really have a need for a player of his profile (an out-and-out striker is probably more vital to us at the moment), but he's always been very dismissive of a move to England. But I am personally quite skeptical of any real truth to these rumours -- seeing as they're currently only being circulated in Italian media, it makes me wonder if it's just a ploy from Dybala's side to drum up interest in the player after the move to Inter has started to look less likely.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I actually think this makes more sense than just his agent using United's name. I cant think of a single player more comparable with Tadic than Dybala. I dont care if we do or dont get him but its comical people here saying "No - stay clear" etc.

IF we get him in it is because ETH sees something he can work worth. Im sure of that

fps

Like a lesser Griezmann, a kind of ghost player, who the footballsphere breathily appraises as top class, without the specific recall right now of when he was top class, for how long, and against who.

adam118

What was the reason he left Juve for? Did he want to leave or did Juve just now renew his contract?

Kostov

If there is indeed anything in the Dybala link it’s because he was rejected at Inter and not much options there are left. Offer him 100k a week or tell him to feck off. Under proper conditions, Dybala is good.

Baneofthegame

If he’s on a reasonable wage I wouldn’t say no, still surprised no one has signed Dembele yet either.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Going into the summer - areas of squad most in need of improvement - RB, CB, CDM, ST.

Utd this summer - Focus on box-to-box midfielders, more 10s, a LB and a CB who may also be a LB. And a backup GK.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This has all the hallmarks of the kind of signing we'd make in the LvG-Woodward era, and somewhat antithetical to the way the team is being setup under ten Hag.
Hopefully its just cheap rag 'journalism'
It is exactly the sort of thing that Woodworm would be all-over, buying a fantasy football "name" instead of questioning what that player will deliver.
I pray that the club have learnt that lesson.

Blood Mage

He's past it. Would be another example of the Glazers trying to fix our attacking issues on the cheap rather than fork out for someone like Antony.

johanovic

He played 39 games for Juve last season..scoring 15 goals and 6 assists...clearly a "past it player"....of course it´s a no brainer to pick him up on a free and we need another striker plus him

mikeyt

I'd take him as a stop gap and an option in attack if it's a relatively short term deal, maybe 2 years with an option of a 3rd on a reasonable wage. We are painfully short up top with or without Ronaldo and we simply aren't going to raise enough funds to go out and buy a top striker. Then all things being equal we can go and get a top striker next summer.

SAFMUTD

There's a reason why no top clubs are fighting for him. We should stay clear.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I was of the opinion he was past it, a short term gap, one to be avoided. After watching some highlights and looking at appearances, on a free I think he's a decent option tbh. If we were dumping £80m on him - no!

But he is free and seven years younger than Cavani.

padzilla

Hipster
If we sign him then we may as well just bring Ed Woodward back - I don't want to believe for one second this is anything other than paper talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.