Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
He wanted Inter and they wanted him. But after surprisingly getting Lukaku on the cheap on loan and Mkhitaryan on a free, their interest in Dybala disappeared quite a bit. They were the only club that were very interested initially.
Yeah I heard that, which is embarrassing for him when you consider just how shit Mkhitaryan is. I would suspect he had to come down quite a lot in his salary demands just to get this move done.

Pintu

Think he had his hopes pinned on a big move to England after United and Tottenham made him daft offers the other January.
Very unlikely. In 2019 Juventus tried to sell him to us (in a swap for Pogba) and he fought it tooth and nails. (Not the first argentine to seem unwilling to live in England). IMO the only clubs that could have motivated him enough to leave his comfort zone in Italy were Barça and Madrid. But given his recent form/injury record I can’t see them being interested in him.

Pintu

He wanted Inter and they wanted him. But after surprisingly getting Lukaku on the cheap on loan and Mkhitaryan on a free, their interest in Dybala disappeared quite a bit. They were the only club that were very interested initially.
More about Lukaku than Mkhitaryan. Dybala was gonna cost Inter 12 M/year over 4 years + the signing fees. The Armenian is on half that salary.

Roma on the other hand got the better player, but also the much more expensive one and even the much more injury prone.

SAFMUTD

I genuinely think Dybala would struggle in the prem. I just feel if you aren’t physically strong or quick as a forward, then you need to have exceptional technical ability to compensate for it as a forward in the prem. Even though he’s technically good, I don’t think it’s enough.
He's a player with flair, but he doesnt put up the numbers. Also the fact that he plays in a position that almost doesnt exist anymore doesnt help him. Its no surpirse there werent any top clubs interested in him.

SAFMUTD

Roma offered him €4.5M guaranteed up to €6M net if bonuses are achieved which is a far cry from what Juve were offering him to stay.

Another one that really fecked up and thought he had more stock in the market than he really does.

Must be regretting passing up Juve’s offer.
Him and Pogba, are the kind of players that believe their own hype. The game has gone through them and surprise surprise they're not as wanted as they thought. Both will be earning way less than what they were in their previous team.

Jesse Lingard will be another one to join the list.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I think most of you have, of course, a skewed (UK-centered) perspective about good latino players not willing “to prove themselves” in the PL. Once you consider it is easier, almost equally remunerative, with better quality of life and cultural affinity to stay in Italy (but also Spain or France)… why should an already satisfied player like Dybala come into such different, pretty hostile environment? If he prefers Roma to, say, West Ham or even Spurs, I can’t blame him for sure.

MrEleson

What was Juve‘s offer? I think they agreed a deal initially (verbal agreement), but then lowered their wages and he refused to sign the new and worse offer.
Juve we’re offering €7m net guaranteed that could rise up to €10m with bonuses if I’m not mistaken but I think he wanted the €10M guaranteed and up to €15M with bonuses. This was much earlier in negotiations though as far as I remember. I think De Ligt being Juve’s highest earner on €10M net had something to do with it.

MrEleson

Him and Pogba, are the kind of players that believe their own hype. The game has gone through them and surprise surprise they're not as wanted as they thought. Both will be earning way less than what they were in their previous team.

Jesse Lingard will be another one to join the list.
Yeah exactly and now reality has hit them like a ton of bricks. Someone like Dybala likely will never play for a club as good as Juve again. They all deserve how it’s played out for them tbh.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah a bit of a come down for him. He probably expected a big move. Not sure what happened with Inter

Gandalf

Another one that called the clubs bluff on a new contract thinking he was worth more than he was, now he's playing for a team in the same league that is less likely to win anything meaningful after being a regular starter for a title challenging team.

Think he had his hopes pinned on a big move to England after United and Tottenham made him daft offers the other January.
He just joined the Europa Conference League Champions, he has moved to a bigger club!

Status
Not open for further replies.