Gaming PC Games

Bosws87

So much hate for Valorant i've played CS prefer Valorant, one thing i know from when i used to play League is the ranking, ladders and esports scene will be very good in the future.

Where as valve have rested on their laurels for ages with CS it can only be a good thing there is another competitor in the tactical shooting market.

Lets also not play dumb, nearly all games borrow from each other on good aspects, guess who patched in seeing and using other peoples crosshairs only the other day.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You'll miss it if you don't get it to be honest. It's called Horizons but you can always just get the base game and decide if you want to buy the expansion. You'll just need to make sure that the missions you pick don't have a Horizons logo beside them otherwise you'll travel 100 light years to a planet that you can't land on
Ok, thank you

0le

Total War: Shogun 2 will be free on steam to keep forever. The deal will start from the 27th April in the evening for a few days:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/201270/Total_War_SHOGUN_2/
Its live. Free to own forever, just log into steam and add to account.

PAC-MAN is also available (free to own):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/441380/PACMAN_CHAMPIONSHIP_EDITION_2/

Epic game store has "For the King" as their free game for the week to own:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/for-the-king/home

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Alien Isolation was £1.50 on steam yesterday, better be quick as I think the offer is ending soon.

Handré1990

Heroes of Might & Magic 3 is a game I enjoyed growing up. There is a fan made addition called Horn of the Abyss (HotA) which was great. Have been playing with a couple of friends the last month or so, and the new stuff added really made it a more novel experience.

0le

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Got Total War Warhammer 2 a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. Already racked up 100 hours haha

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Got Total War Warhammer 2 a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. Already racked up 100 hours haha
Oh I adore this game - sooo much fun and incredible replayability. TW Warhammer 3 is going to be an instant buy for me.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Oh I adore this game - sooo much fun and incredible replayability. TW Warhammer 3 is going to be an instant buy for me.
It's fantastic! Only downside for me so far is the sieges. Those really aren't fun. Apparently they're getting a big rework in warhammer 3 though so looking forward to it.

DoomSlayer

So much hate for Valorant i've played CS prefer Valorant, one thing i know from when i used to play League is the ranking, ladders and esports scene will be very good in the future.

Where as valve have rested on their laurels for ages with CS it can only be a good thing there is another competitor in the tactical shooting market.

Lets also not play dumb, nearly all games borrow from each other on good aspects, guess who patched in seeing and using other peoples crosshairs only the other day.
Counter-Strike is possibly in the best shape it has ever been when it comes to popularity and features. I'm not really involved with it, though I do have it on my laptop just to have some fun with friends.

Gears Tactics is the game I've started recently and I'm just amazed that a developer studio from a genre like Gears of War was willing to risk so much and go into such a different style of gameplay. I'm absolutely loving it, because it's very contrasting to the intense shooter games, you can chill out playing it but still remain heavily involved because it has a strategy turn-based system.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Counter-Strike is possibly in the best shape it has ever been when it comes to popularity and features. I'm not really involved with it, though I do have it on my laptop just to have some fun with friends.

Gears Tactics is the game I've started recently and I'm just amazed that a developer studio from a genre like Gears of War was willing to risk so much and go into such a different style of gameplay. I'm absolutely loving it, because it's very contrasting to the intense shooter games, you can chill out playing it but still remain heavily involved because it has a strategy turn-based system.
Damn you I now have to reinstall Counter-Strike. I must have spent 1000+ hours playing that back in the day.

Is 1.6 still alive or is it all CS:Go now?

DoomSlayer

Damn you I now have to reinstall Counter-Strike. I must have spent 1000+ hours playing that back in the day.

Is 1.6 still alive or is it all CS:Go now?
It's all CS:GO but the system nowadays is very easy to interact with, the features are very user-friendly, in my opinion at least. Just get Steam and download the game from the store, it's free-to-play.

Last year they even included a mini-version of a battle royal, the maps are very small compared to what people are used to and only 15-16 people are allowed on a map, but it's still fun and it already has 3 different maps. I haven't played in a few months, there might be even more updates now.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah CS:GO is in a decent state right now. I haven't played it properly in a while, but even the BR mode is fun enough.

Valorant has started off well, but there's a hell of a lot to work on if they want to actually keep the players that have come over from CS. The maps feel too small and some peek points unnecessarily awkward, the large buy zone is a terrible idea and cuts the maps in half, but mostly I'm not convinced by the gunplay itself. It seems way too easy to get head shots, even when you feel you didn't hit one, there's something off about it I can't quite tell what it is yet but it almost seems there's a bit of bloom or even Autoaim going on. It's weird.

Still, it's definitely got off to a decent start for what it's trying to achieve. The real test will be how much they listen to the community on these issues.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Epic games is giving a copy of GTA V Premium Edition away for free to own forever. The deal has crashed the website, but when the hype dies down (and the site is back up) you might as well grab yourself a copy if you haven't already.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/grand-theft-auto-v
I already have it, but this probably has to be up there as one of the best freebies of all time. And it really is free, you don't need to have a subscription or anything.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just need the Epic Games Launcher I guess.
Yes and you just sign up for a free account, i think it's down at the moment , not surprised as this offer will likely crash the server.

The Cat

Epic games is giving a copy of GTA V Premium Edition away for free to own forever. The deal has crashed the website, but when the hype dies down (and the site is back up) you might as well grab yourself a copy if you haven't already.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/grand-theft-auto-v
Am I right in thinking if you bought the normal version and don't plan on playing online mode then there is no point with this one?

It's cracking offer if I'd not bought it I'd be all over this.

binary bot
Valorants my first real go at pc gaming and i really enjoy the game. Never played CS. Should i download CS?

0le

Wait so it's free forever?!
Yes. You have until next week to claim the game.

Here is a list of the games they made free for a few days to keep forever:

Last edited:

Bosws87

Yep.

It's way more sweaty though, and full of hackers on the free version. Still, the gunplay is better and so are the maps (well most of them).
The community in cs:go is possibly the most toxic community in gaming. So don’t get down if you get kicked from ranked games if you make a mistake it’s not very new player friendly that’s for sure.

Nickosaur

Free download of Civ 6 is tempting. As someone who has never played a Civ game - are they any good? Would Civ 6 be a good place to start if I've never played the others? I've always primarily been a console gamer so never really played many strategy games.

Irwin99

I know it's an old game but has anyone experienced an issue with Rome Total War 2 crashing at every turn? Have tried deleting and reinstalling. looking up advice on forums and I don't know why but it just keeps crashing every turn.

My poor Macedonian empire is unfinished :(

0le

I know it's an old game but has anyone experienced an issue with Rome Total War 2 crashing at every turn? Have tried deleting and reinstalling. looking up advice on forums and I don't know why but it just keeps crashing every turn.

My poor Macedonian empire is unfinished :(
Could it be a driver issue? Depending on settings Microsoft provides driver updates and it may have caused some issue with your game. Alternatively it could be a problem with your save file. On some old games like Rome Total War 1 and Football Manager 2015, when my saved games got large, they tended to crash from time to time during game play.

The Cat

Free download of Civ 6 is tempting. As someone who has never played a Civ game - are they any good? Would Civ 6 be a good place to start if I've never played the others? I've always primarily been a console gamer so never really played many strategy games.
I have *bought* it for free - dunno when I will get around to it but it's worth getting just in case.

Irwin99

Could it be a driver issue? Depending on settings Microsoft provides driver updates and it may have caused some issue with your game. Alternatively it could be a problem with your save file. On some old games like Rome Total War 1 and Football Manager 2015, when my saved games got large, they tended to crash from time to time during game play.
Think that this is the problem. My Macedonian campaign on RTW2 was pretty big and now i've restarted the game again i'm having no issues with crashes. When the save file gets bigger and there's more going on in the world map I suspect it will crash again. Oh well! a new computer perhaps!

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone tried out that indie survival game The Long Dark? Seems to be the best surival game out there according to stream reviews, looks class.

0le

Think that this is the problem. My Macedonian campaign on RTW2 was pretty big and now I've restarted the game again I'm having no issues with crashes. When the save file gets bigger and there's more going on in the world map I suspect it will crash again. Oh well! a new computer perhaps!
It could be possible to keep the location of the saved game somewhere safe and then load it on the new computer. Sometimes you can report issues on the forums. I am aware several years ago that on the football manager forums, the devs would sometimes ask for your saved files to debug the issue.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The community in cs:go is possibly the most toxic community in gaming. So don’t get down if you get kicked from ranked games if you make a mistake it’s not very new player friendly that’s for sure.
Ive been kicked back in the day for managing to hold A long in CT side in D2 while the rest of the team rushed like noobs and died within half a minute. I was accused of camping and not being a team player.

evil_geko

Next two free games on Epic will be Borderlands this Thursday and Ark next week.