Gaming PC Games

Chipper

Adulterer.
Disappointed I missed GTA V free on Epic, just putting Civ VI on my account now.

Sometimes I forget to check what's free/if they have anything new. Had Shadow Complex Remastered but that was free for years but didn't pick up on the regular freebies until Celeste + Inside looking at the list. So from then, if including Shadow Complex I could have 77 freebies. As it is I have 48 games on my Epic account and haven't bought any of them.

I do have some of the same games on Steam, GOG and the Twitch platform and that applies to some of the ones I missed on Epic too - had them anyway so no big deal that I missed them.

Still, some good ones though that I didn't already have, GTA V being the most notable of all.

Last edited:

Ainu

Been playing some Ion Fury, a wonderful throwback to Build engine games from the 90's, most notably Duke Nukem 3D of course. For someone who grew up playing tons of Duke 3d, it plays like a dream. Level design is not quite up there with that game, but still solid. I love the soundtrack as well, industrial synthwave reminiscent of the Hotline Miami soundtrack. Though that game had Perturbator, you can't win against that.

0le

Disappointed I missed GTA V free on Epic, just putting Civ VI on my account now.

Sometimes I forget to check what's free/if they have anything new. Had Shadow Complex Remastered but that was free for years but didn't pick up on the regular freebies until Celeste + Inside looking at the list. So from then, if including Shadow Complex I could have 77 freebies. As it is I have 48 games on my Epic account and haven't bought any of them.

I do have some of the same games on Steam, GOG and the Twitch platform and that applies to some of the ones I missed on Epic too - had them anyway so no big deal that I missed them.

Still, some good ones though that I didn't already have, GTA V being the most notable of all.
Boarderlands is now free for the next week. Also a game called Sludge Life:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/bundles/borderlands-the-handsome-collection
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/sludge-life/home

Check here for steam promotions. Note that some free to own titles are DLC's or add-ons that require the base game:
https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/

Use hotukdeals for GoG and Humble free games. Occasionally you will also find Microsoft and Bother stores have free games to own too from time to time:
https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/freebies
Usually you only have to check the hottest deals of the day/week.
OR:
gog: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gog.com
Humble: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/humblebundle.com

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Still got loads of games to get through but added Kerbal Space Program to the list as I've never tried it.

evil_geko

So no one is watching PC game show? There was a pretty good Mortal Shell that is Dark Souls like game presented. Epic games exclusive.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
So no one is watching PC game show? There was a pretty good Mortal Shell that is Dark Souls like game presented. Epic games exclusive.
I'm going to catch up later.

Fextralife has an exclusive stream playing Mortal Shell tomorrow I'm going to check out. Hopefully it's not yet another clone that misses the spark of the soulsbourne games!

Edit: forgot to add, feck Epic and their dogshit store.

Last edited:

evil_geko

Yeah, I admit their Store is dogshit, but I don't care beyond that, I am not one of those boycotting everything Epic games, competition is healthy. If only Epic would invest in better Store app, that would be great.

So out of all of that, Mafia 1 Remake, Mortal Shell and maybe Persona 4 are the highlights for me. But that was all that was already known so nothing new.

Ainu

I had a quick skip through the video and most of what I saw looked truly awful. Like really unappealing games that looked like they're from the 2000's and a lot of stuff that looked like it could be free-to-play or even mobile type games. What the feck? It's three hours long though, so I must've missed a load of stuff.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Probably a thread in this question. Anyone on here like cheating playing FPS multiplayer. Wallhack, aimbot, I don't know what else. Moh, COD, Unreal, etc.. I'm not much of a gamer anymore really, don't know what games you'd play.

Why do you do it? What's the motivation? You do it because everyone else does it? Ever play without cheating? Do you cheat and try make it look like you're not cheating? Do you play with people who don't know you're cheating, like friends in any capacity?

Redlambs

Yeah, I admit their Store is dogshit, but I don't care beyond that, I am not one of those boycotting everything Epic games, competition is healthy. If only Epic would invest in better Store app, that would be great.

So out of all of that, Mafia 1 Remake, Mortal Shell and maybe Persona 4 are the highlights for me. But that was all that was already known so nothing new.
Yeah, don't get me wrong I've always been a fan of Epic. They've done nothing wrong with Fortnite and their business model as far as I can see, the hate they get is largely typical internet bullshit. I mean you could argue that they treat a certain section of workers like shit, but the whole industry does so if you want to address one, you have to address them all.

My hate is all about the store, it's absolute balls. The only thing worse is the Microsoft store and the Xbox app.

Probably a thread in this question. Anyone on here like cheating playing FPS multiplayer. Wallhack, aimbot, I don't know what else. Moh, COD, Unreal, etc.. I'm not much of a gamer anymore really, don't know what games you'd play.

Why do you do it? What's the motivation? You do it because everyone else does it? Ever play without cheating? Do you cheat and try make it look like you're not cheating? Do you play with people who don't know you're cheating, like friends in any capacity?
The same as ever, lack of: skill/self esteem/penis size.

It's overhyped on PC though, and people forget you can also cheat on console. The vast majority of gamers don't actually know how to spot real cheats anyhow, most times it's ping causing havoc and making excuses for sucking hard :lol:

e.cantona

Yeah, don't get me wrong I've always been a fan of Epic. They've done nothing wrong with Fortnite and their business model as far as I can see, the hate they get is largely typical internet bullshit. I mean you could argue that they treat a certain section of workers like shit, but the whole industry does so if you want to address one, you have to address them all.

My hate is all about the store, it's absolute balls. The only thing worse is the Microsoft store and the Xbox app.

The same as ever, lack of: skill/self esteem/penis size.

It's overhyped on PC though, and people forget you can also cheat on console. The vast majority of gamers don't actually know how to spot real cheats anyhow, most times it's ping causing havoc and making excuses for sucking hard :lol:
I'm sure it's a combination of many things. Didn't know you could cheat on console multiplayer. I don't play console, so no wonder. Am also sure people get accused of cheating who are just really, really good.

I just don't understand the mentality. Or, I probably do, just don't get how one knowingly ruins it for the rest. Or even better, cheat and then try make it look like one don't.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm sure it's a combination of many things. Didn't know you could cheat on console multiplayer. I don't play console, so no wonder. Am also sure people get accused of cheating who are just really, really good.

I just don't understand the mentality. Or, I probably do, just don't get how one knowingly ruins it for the rest. Or even better, cheat and then try make it look like one don't.
I used to be accused of cheating at Starcraft by noobs who didn't know Protoss can build observers that are cloaked and that these units, not map hack, was the reason I kept destroying their attempts at building an expand. Ahh, good times.

The best was joining 7v1 cpu games, and instead of quickly rushing that cpu for an easy win, turn of allied victory, build a big stack of units and kill all other players.

God, I miss being a young twat.

Chairman Steve

I've been accused of cheating in a PVE co-op online mode in Team Fortress 2 of all things (Mann vs Machine for anyone wondering). There's no benefit at all to me cheating, like highest score gets an incentive above the others. I got kicked out of that game too.

While I was shocked because that was the first and only time that has happened to me, I shrugged it off about 10 mins later as an indirect compliment (i.e. He's good and therefore he must be cheating).

Redlambs

It happens all the time. It's not just about being good, ping/server issues plays a massive part too. I get accused all the time on Sea of Thieves, even on Xbox only servers (don't get me started on xbox players and just how dumb they really are :lol:)

I don't blame kids, I mean it's a big thing about "PC CHEATS!" but in reality you come across cheats way less than people think. Yes even in CS:GO or shit like COD/Warzone.

Also, I will point out something else considering cross platform is a bigger thing thanks to FN/WZ these days...controller players are technically using aimbot hacks. It's the same principle, the same code, just slightly adjusted. It's why Fortnite in particular has major issues with tracking through corn fields/walls/everything else right now and why they can't magically fix it.

e.cantona

It happens all the time. It's not just about being good, ping/server issues plays a massive part too. I get accused all the time on Sea of Thieves, even on Xbox only servers (don't get me started on xbox players and just how dumb they really are :lol:)

I don't blame kids, I mean it's a big thing about "PC CHEATS!" but in reality you come across cheats way less than people think. Yes even in CS:GO or shit like COD/Warzone.

Also, I will point out something else considering cross platform is a bigger thing thanks to FN/WZ these days...controller players are technically using aimbot hacks. It's the same principle, the same code, just slightly adjusted. It's why Fortnite in particular has major issues with tracking through corn fields/walls/everything else right now and why they can't magically fix it.
Used to be half decent in a MoH multiplayer many years ago. Would be accused of cheating all the time. Has to be said cheating was a big thing in those type of games back then.

Never knew about the cross platform thing you're describing. That could make it look like people cheat, who do not.

Cheating still a huge thing. PUBG, I belive, have/had real issues with cheating to the point people just left the game. Read somewhere about Chinese or Asian gaming culture (this may be a huge mischaracterization, apologies if so) and how it's more the norm than not to be cheating and how it's tolerated as the normal way to play games.

Redlambs

Used to be half decent in a MoH multiplayer many years ago. Would be accused of cheating all the time. Has to be said cheating was a big thing in those type of games back then.

Never knew about the cross platform thing you're describing. That could make it look like people cheat, who do not.

Cheating still a huge thing. PUBG, I belive, have/had real issues with cheating to the point people just left the game. Read somewhere about Chinese or Asian gaming culture (this may be a huge mischaracterization, apologies if so) and how it's more the norm than not to be cheating and how it's tolerated as the normal way to play games.
You can throw out chinese, asian, russian, whatever people on t'internet say about those bad guys in the east :lol: .

But it's overblown. You play PubG right now, and you won't notice who is or isn't. It's not normal, it's not tolerated as normal. I don't know where you've got that from, maybe some roblox game, but seriously, you are beginning to strike me as someone who buys waaaaaaaay too much into all of this, who actually believes PC games and servers are rife with it all and everyone somehow accepts it. That's absolutely not true, as I keep saying, most of you really won't even ever notice if someone else is cheating or not. Especially in a BR game with a 100 players running on shite servers.

It happens, yes. But the chances of you coming across an actual cheater is way less than you think. I'd stop worrying about it, and start looking at every single reason you die as a learning experience. Because, after all, even genuine cheaters can be killed ;)

e.cantona

You can throw out chinese, asian, russian, whatever people on t'internet say about those bad guys in the east :lol: .

But it's overblown. You play PubG right now, and you won't notice who is or isn't. It's not normal, it's not tolerated as normal. I don't know where you've got that from, maybe some roblox game, but seriously, you are beginning to strike me as someone who buys waaaaaaaay too much into all of this, who actually believes PC games and servers are rife with it all and everyone somehow accepts it. That's absolutely not true, as I keep saying, most of you really won't even ever notice if someone else is cheating or not. Especially in a BR game with a 100 players running on shite servers.

It happens, yes. But the chances of you coming across an actual cheater is way less than you think. I'd stop worrying about it, and start looking at every single reason you die as a learning experience. Because, after all, even genuine cheaters can be killed ;)
Yeah, is possible you're right. One does spectate players though. And game developers themselves acknowledging the problem points in the direction of it being an actual problem in gaming.

Anyway, didn't expect an actual person to come out on a fotballforum detailing why cheating is so much fun :wenger:

Redlambs

Yeah, is possible you're right. One does spectate players though. And game developers themselves acknowledging the problem points in the direction of it being an actual problem in gaming.

Anyway, didn't expect an actual person to come out on a fotballforum detailing why cheating is so much fun :wenger:
Anti cheat has always been a thing, developers have always acknowledged it. And spectator modes aren't accurate either, due to the very nature of how they work.

As for your second paragraph, what does that mean? Who has detailed why cheating is fun? If someone is so sad they think "fun" is gaining an advantage they haven't earned just to lolz at others they'll never meet, then we have very different definitions...

Anyhow, what's brought this on? Any specific case of accused cheating to look at?

Balljy

I haven't seen this posted. Over 1,500 games for download with all proceeds going to charities for racial justice and equality. The minimum donation is only $5 and it's raised around $6,500,0000 so far. More games are being added by developers and publishers all the time.

There's no Steam keys so it's all direct downloads.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

e.cantona

Anti cheat has always been a thing, developers have always acknowledged it. And spectator modes aren't accurate either, due to the very nature of how they work.

As for your second paragraph, what does that mean? Who has detailed why cheating is fun? If someone is so sad they think "fun" is gaining an advantage they haven't earned just to lolz at others they'll never meet, then we have very different definitions...

Anyhow, what's brought this on? Any specific case of accused cheating to look at?
Yes, spectating someone you can not be sure to know if they are cheating or not. Sometimes its easy to spot, sometimes it's hard. Other times you can't be sure.

Talking to myself more. In my OP I asked if someone likes cheating, on a football forum.

No, no specific case. Just frustration on my part :)

Redlambs

Yes, spectating someone you can not be sure to know if they are cheating or not. Sometimes its easy to spot, sometimes it's hard. Other times you can't be sure.

Talking to myself more. In my OP I asked if someone likes cheating, on a football forum.

No, no specific case. Just frustration on my part :)
Fair enough. Yeah it can be very frustrating if you do come across one.

It's sad people feel the need to cheat, but that's their issue. Don't let it ruin games for you, like I say even spectating you aren't always seeing cheating anyway.

e.cantona

Fair enough. Yeah it can be very frustrating if you do come across one.

It's sad people feel the need to cheat, but that's their issue. Don't let it ruin games for you, like I say even spectating you aren't always seeing cheating anyway.
:)

Redlambs

@evil_geko Mortal Shell looks interesting actually, it's made by a small team so not on the scale of the souls games (plus there's no armour, limited weapons), but level design looks good and it's very heavily DS1 inspired. I was just watching the stream on it, I think it'll be a level about the usual clones as it has some interesting mechanics that look to be within keeping.

Also, I've just noticed Persona 4 Golden is already out on steam for £16 which is a great price for a very good (IIRC) game.

evil_geko

@evil_geko Mortal Shell looks interesting actually, it's made by a small team so not on the scale of the souls games (plus there's no armour, limited weapons), but level design looks good and it's very heavily DS1 inspired. I was just watching the stream on it, I think it'll be a level about the usual clones as it has some interesting mechanics that look to be within keeping.

Also, I've just noticed Persona 4 Golden is already out on steam for £16 which is a great price for a very good (IIRC) game.
Lots of people mention how that Boss battle is too slow, but I actually like it. And I don't see how it's that much slower than some Souls Boss battles.

Redlambs

Lots of people mention how that Boss battle is too slow, but I actually like it. And I don't see how it's that much slower than some Souls Boss battles.
What, in the video they played? Yeah I didn't think that either. I didn't really like the look of the sword as it looked way too sluggish for me it was doing my brain in, but there is a faster weapon.

Hopefully it's good and then does well, as they are talking about more shells and weapons at a later date. I'm a bit disappointed in no armour, as the lack of weapon/armour variety was my least favourite thing about Bloodbourne/Sekiro, but as it's such a small team and they are at least saying the right things about what they've taken from the genre, I have hope.

Ainu

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Picked up International Cricket Captain 2020 today and had a quick go.

The game has changed very little since I first tried it when it first came out years ago.

A cool feature though is you can play matches between two all time best national sides where you pick the players - I am considering running a draft if enough people are interested sometime in the next few months and let the match engine decide the winners. It says every international player is in the game so I could do a 5 match test series or a world cup one day or 2020 - am considering putting a thread up soon.

Bosws87

If anyone plays Valorant or CS:GO feel free to add me, i tend to edge towards valorant but happy playing both :)

Nickosaur

Got No Man's Sky through Xbox Game Pass.

Only played for a couple of hours and have done the first few objectives (get your ship running, build a base etc).

Started on survival mode, which I'm starting to regret, as the whole experience has been a bit of a ball ache so far.

Does it get more enjoyable?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

Only played for a couple of hours and have done the first few objectives (get your ship running, build a base etc).

Started on survival mode, which I'm starting to regret, as the whole experience has been a bit of a ball ache so far.

I loved it, the beginning is hard and half the time you have no idea what you're doing, but it was a great adventure. The plot is...odd...

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

It is entertaining if you like to visit planets, solar systems and have your own freighter, however the crafting system is quite cumbersome and can be quite repetitive.
The size of the game is incredible but it does not matter to do 200, 300 jumps or five. Despite the updates, the planets are very similar, just like fighting or interactions with other races.
I played a lot because I can handle repetitive games well but I imagine it is not for everyone

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I loved it, the beginning is hard and half the time you have no idea what you're doing, but it was a great adventure. The plot is...odd...
Oh and make sure you go to the Nexus early, definitely worthwhile.

Revan

Assumptionman
Finished Shadow of Tomb Raider after more than a month of starting. Good Lord, how shit it was.

0le

Watchdogs 2 will be free to keep this weekend on ubisoft.